The Falcons could make a deep playoff run in 2021.

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The reality is, when you post stuff like this, you are basically just deflecting. It’s a defense mechanism. Nobody on these boards actually thinks this is a SB team. Most people think the team will however be better now that Quinn and Koetter are gone. Which is actually fair and realistic expectations. 
Neither of you are actually “realists” by thinking the team will suck. Slum, your skepticism on the team isn’t what’s “foolish”. The foolish posts from you are when you say things like “Watch the Titans win the super bowl now…Arthur Smith must’ve owed his old team” is pure emotion and quite foolish. 

Im really a big Derrick Henry fan, and I definitely believe Julio will help the Titans offense immediately.. Im not sold on the defense, but if they can string together a mid ranked D i do believe the Titans are more of a threat than some fans here give them credit for.. But thats jmo, I could be absolutely wrong.. I also believe the Jags will be a decent team, which almost no one else are giving them a chance so who knows.. 

3 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

Well said.

So ******* tired of every fanboy getting upset when a poster writes something that most likely will be the truth. Like all the sudden that 18-30 record, culminated by that wonderful 4-12 showing last year just never happened. 3 straight seasons of being ELIMINATED by mid season never happened. It's like 10 year old kids that claim their dad is stronger and can beat up another kids dad.

But, those who are realist(or called pessimists) here are always accused of being trolls and "non-fans" despite being definitely more "right" than the fanboys in the last 3 years..

Plenty of good happening with this team, plenty to look forward too. We got a GM and coach that appear to be fantastic(especially AS in my opinion), Pitts, but its not enough to stop there. Apparently you have to constantly win the super fan award to be in the "accepted crowd". 

I think it has more to do with the condescending and snotty way the "realists" express themselves more than just their "realism".

And yeah...lots of the "homers" and "fanboys" are just as bad. 

It's not about opinions.  It's about attack angle.

16 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

What makes the 2021 Atlanta Falcons worst than the 2020 Atlanta Falcons? Please do tell how the Falcons will quite possibly be worse in your "realistic" prediction.

Personnel wise..are you kidding me? Really are you messing with me, because you just lost a top 5 of all time WR.

Plus I said we would win 6 games, so last I checked that is 2 more wins than last year. But at least you did not post in all caps!

Just now, octoslash said:

I think it has more to do with the condescending and snotty way the "realists" express themselves more than just their "realism".

And yeah...lots of the "homers" and "fanboys" are just as bad. 

It's not about opinions.  It's about attack angle.

Hey I agree, and was not really trying to come off like an ***. You are correct that if you are heavy leaner to either side, a lot of post come off that way...lol.

1 minute ago, PointSwayzee said:

Personnel wise..are you kidding me? Really are you messing with me, because you just lost a top 5 of all time WR.

Plus I said we would win 6 games, so last I checked that is 2 more wins than last year. But at least you did not post in all caps!

Yes, the Falcons lost Julio. Jesus H Christ the season is doomed. Whoever will Matt Ryan throw to now that Julio is gone and Calvin Ridley, Russell Gage, Hayden Hurst, Kyle Pitts, and Mike Davis all dead? Thanks for the info.

Just now, PointSwayzee said:

Hey I agree, and was not really trying to come off like an ***. You are correct that if you are heavy leaner to either side, a lot of post come off that way...lol.

Nature of internet debate I guess.

41 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

So being a mod makes you qualified to make that assessment, huh? My wife is a clinical psychologist, so I'll make sure I give her your pearls of wisdom regarding deflection.

I don't disagree that we will be better, but check the title of the thread your responding in and you might want to retract that statement about being a contender. There was a thread not too long ago regarding record predictions. When multiple posters predict 11+ wins, you absolutely can not tell me that a fair portion of this board in fact believes we are a contender.

Coming into a season with an optimistic outlook is part of what makes sports fun for most fans. And there’s valid reason for falcon fans to be optimistic…pandemic is ending so we can actually get out and attend games in person, we have a much sought-after new HC, team had an exciting draft, etc etc. 

Much rather be a cautiously optimistic fan than a sour-pussie.

14 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

So will the team you're supposedly a "fan" of. Oh wait, that's right....Now I'm going straight homer again. Lions and Jets will be competitive but the Falcons won't? Holy delusional badman!!!

We'll see, if Ryan can relax in the pocket.. And our defense can put together a decent pass rush along with servicible cb's.. We have some offensive weapons.. But AS cant make plays on the field.. He can game plan the best game, but its up to Ryan to be able to get the plan accomplished.. We shall see

16 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

So will the team you're supposedly a "fan" of. Oh wait, that's right....Now I'm going straight homer again. Lions and Jets will be competitive but the Falcons won't? Holy delusional badman!!!

2 season ago I promise you had no clue who AS even was. As far as the other statement reading comprehension my friend. Another poster said Detroit was a full rebuild, they lost Stafford and we lost Jones. They beat us last year but we are light years better then them?

Just now, PointSwayzee said:

2 season ago I promise you had no clue who AS even was. As far as the other statement reading comprehension my friend. Another poster said Detroit was a full rebuild, they lost Stafford and we lost Jones. They beat us last year but we are light years better then them?

Alot of good things are also being said about Detroits new HC.. Guy seems to be putting in work to get the team even better.. I do believe the Lions are going to be better than alot of people realize 

Yes, I'll admit I had no idea who Arthur Smith was 2 years ago. I don't know what that has to do with anything though. But whatever.

Slum said the Lions and Jets would be competitive this year and the Falcons wouldn't be. No one with half a brain cell would claim that the Lions and Jets will be competitive but not the Falcons. Either they're all competitive or none of them are. But claiming that 2 of the 3 will be competitive but the Falcons won doesn't make you a realist. It makes you delusional.

4 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

We'll see, if Ryan can relax in the pocket.. And our defense can put together a decent pass rush along with servicible cb's.. We have some offensive weapons.. But AS cant make plays on the field.. He can game plan the best game, but its up to Ryan to be able to get the plan accomplished.. We shall see

What about Zach Wilson? Can't you say all those things about Wilson?

1 minute ago, Slumerican said:

Alot of good things are also being said about Detroits new HC.. Guy seems to be putting in work to get the team even better.. I do believe the Lions are going to be better than alot of people realize 

A lot of good things are being said about Atlanta's new HC. Guy seems to be putting in work to get the team even better.. I do believe the Falcons are going to be better than a lot of people realize.

6 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I disagree. CMC and Hubbard as the backup at RB and Anderson and Moore at WR are a problem. Their d-line has Burns, Brown, and Gross-Matos. Their LB corps is fairly lackluster, and easily the worst in the division (granted the NFC South is currently LB central). Their secondary isn’t great but Chinn is a baller and they’ve got some young prospects at CB. If Darnold plays well then the panthers are a dark horse playoff contender. 

Hubbard's a complete unknown. Those two WRs are starter-caliber and not much more. Brown's a bust thus far. His PFF grade for 2020 was 61, which is back-of-the-roster level. On a seemingly unrelated note, Chinn's grade was 59. 

Gross-Matos is an unknown who made a whopping 13 tackles last year. You're literally projecting almost everywhere to say that they're good. They've got a stud RB whose career they've shortened due to usage and two acceptable WRs.

As I said, anything can happen in football, but the Panthers have one of the worst rosters in football.

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Coming into a season with an optimistic outlook is part of what makes sports fun for most fans. And there’s valid reason for falcon fans to be optimistic…pandemic ending, we have a new HC, team had an exciting draft, etc etc. 

Much rather be a cautiously optimistic fan than a sour-pussie.

I'm optimistic that we will be a fundamentally better team than last year, but that is not enough unless you agree with every offseason move. For months posters absolutely trashed the notion of Julio leaving or getting traded. Now its like he never existed, and meant nothing to the Falcons. 

Matt Ryan has a passer rating of 97.8 with 39,204 yards, 242 touchdowns and 99 interceptions in 134 games with Julio Jones in his career.

Matt Ryan has a passer rating of 88.6 with 6,502 yards, 39 touchdowns and 25 interceptions in 25 games without Julio Jones in his career.

3 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

First thing , I haven't seen you on here before. Second , you are a breath of fresh air. Youre a fan of the team, but yet you're speaking truth. And I got to be honest a lot of people I talk to are saying the same thing you do. But you do know on this message board, things tend to be a little Rosy. 

2 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

I like AS a whole like more than that guy, but what do I know. I didn't like Mike Smith and I was dead wrong on that one.

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

What about Zach Wilson? Can't you say all those things about Wilson?

Possible, but its a huge unknown imo.. But I have watched Ryan absolutely panic many, many times imo prematurely.. Thats what concerns me about Ryans ability to be a true leader of this team and be able to take control of games 

I like AS a whole like more than that guy, but what do I know. I didn't like Mike Smith and I was dead wrong on that one.

Most definitely, AS is on another level.. Im just saying the Lions have a HC now that'll actually build off fundamentals and they will be a more disciplined team imo

I'm optimistic that we will be a fundamentally better team than last year, but that is not enough unless you agree with every offseason move. For months posters absolutely trashed the notion of Julio leaving or getting traded. Now its like he never existed, and meant nothing to the Falcons. 

Matt Ryan has a passer rating of 97.8 with 39,204 yards, 242 touchdowns and 99 interceptions in 134 games with Julio Jones in his career.

Matt Ryan has a passer rating of 88.6 with 6,502 yards, 39 touchdowns and 25 interceptions in 25 games without Julio Jones in his career.

No argument there from me. Julio was a huge loss to an otherwise positive offseason. We were a potential Top 5 offense and playoff team with him. 

2 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

First thing , I haven't seen you on here before. Second , you are a breath of fresh air. Youre a fan of the team, but yet you're speaking truth. And I got to be honest a lot of people I talk to are saying the same thing you do. But you do know on this message board, things tend to be a little Rosy. 

I'm just stating my opinion. Yes, I am a bit jaded but that has not always been the case. My posting took a dramatic shift about 2007, when I was on the Falconsroost(now defunct). 

I have been a fan since 1980, so I have a pretty good past to draw on. For the record, I think this has actually been a really great offseason and I don't necessarily mean from a roster standpoint. Really fun draft, and lot of really good talk leading up to the draft and I really like AS after years of the super fraud. That being said, I'm not handing in my fan card just because I think we are winning 6 games next year!

7 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

A lot of good things are being said about Atlanta's new HC. Guy seems to be putting in work to get the team even better.. I do believe the Falcons are going to be better than a lot of people realize.

Definitely agree with ya on this.. I believe AS is probably the best coach we've had since Ryan was drafted.. Ive said a ton of good things about Author.. I dont believe AS has the personal he wants right now to build a future for this team.. But im sure hes going to do the best he can with what he has until the wrong pieces can be replaced 

2 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Possible, but its a huge unknown imo.. But I have watched Ryan absolutely panic many, many times imo prematurely.. Thats what concerns me about Ryans ability to be a true leader of this team and be able to take control of games 

I know this is not a popular opinion. But I sure wished Atlanta would have drafted Mac Jones at 4 , and let him sit behind Ryan a couple of years. I know pitts is supposed to be great and all , but I really feel we're going to regret not drafting Jones. 

10 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Yes, I'll admit I had no idea who Arthur Smith was 2 years ago. I don't know what that has to do with anything though. But whatever.

Slum said the Lions and Jets would be competitive this year and the Falcons wouldn't be. No one with half a brain cell would claim that the Lions and Jets will be competitive but not the Falcons. Either they're all competitive or none of them are. But claiming that 2 of the 3 will be competitive but the Falcons won doesn't make you a realist. It makes you delusional.

Never said anything remotely close to that.

Find where I said anything like that and if I did I will be the 1st to correct that terrible logic.