What we learned from third day of Falcons minicamp

On 6/10/2021 at 9:47 PM, Mega Flare said:

Cowgirls fans are going to have a fun year with that clown on the sidelines.

Think he is a much better assistant than head coach.  He can teach, he can hype, but he doesn’t seem good at being the bad guy.  Then again, not sure McCarthy is that guy either.  I’m just happy Jason Garrett is gone…him and Quinn would just try to out clap the other.

17 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

He almost feels like he is about to explode.  Pressers are a necessary evil to him I'd say, and that's all it is.

I said this several weeks ago. Right now he is being the go along to get along HC to the media. I see a Mora/Parcells personality in his future when the games are real. 

On 6/11/2021 at 9:42 AM, abcranford2 said:

Quinn's teams did play better later in the season and through the playoffs.  The problem is you have to make it to the playoffs.  So bad early in the season. 

Smith was the opposite.  Great in the regular season but folded in the playoffs.  His style doesn't hold up in that pressure environment.

It was almost guaranteed after the bye week, this team would turn into superbowl contenders. Why the h*ll it couldn't be like that all 16 games

On 6/11/2021 at 11:23 AM, ya_boi_j said:

Man. Some idiot said that making him run Laps is treating him like a child. Should have fined him instead. WTH?

yep 10,000 per offside 40,000 per holding call false starts 15,000 oh pass interference 100,000 gonna learn to turn your head to the ball today

Edited by RoddyWhite84

On 6/10/2021 at 6:49 PM, HASHBROWN3 said:

So it’s good to see someone else besides MR answering stupid questions from the media with sort of mundane answers just for the sake of answering lol.  
Uh, hey Russell, we need to make this about Julio so what things did you learn from julio? lmao.  Gage is like Uh this & that, but kept reverting back to whatever AS wants him to learn.  The media is never your friend period.  Fk em & feed em fish heads.

That last part though! "Fk em & feed em fish heads!  Bwahahahahahaha.  That's awesome!

On 6/11/2021 at 4:51 AM, youngbloodz said:

While This is true. But as a former player I can tell you sometimes you have to give a player reassurance because believe it or not some players are tougher on themselves than any coach. Like with Belichick he doesn’t chew out all his defensive players when they give up a TD 

100%. You can't coach every guy the same and get the same results. Guys have different backgrounds, mentalities, etc., and a coach must learn his players to know what it takes to get that guy to produce. 

39 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

100%. You can't coach every guy the same and get the same results. Guys have different backgrounds, mentalities, etc., and a coach must learn his players to know what it takes to get that guy to produce. 

Exactly. Some guys need a kick in the *** to get them correct. And some players just need an arm around them and be told “you will make the play next time”

12 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

yeah, don't want to make anyone cry

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I like the sentiment but I don't know dude. You start fining guys this much and they may go full metal jacket on your ***. 

Fines only work on the guys paid the least.  The high paid guys run a tab at that point and pay up at the end of the year.  Immediate cause and effect is what motivates most people.  Running in the heat, pushups when your upper body is cramping, and having to be first in the Oklahoma drill are motivators to not **** up.

42 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Fines only work on the guys paid the least.  The high paid guys run a tab at that point and pay up at the end of the year.  Immediate cause and effect is what motivates most people.  Running in the heat, pushups when your upper body is cramping, and having to be first in the Oklahoma drill are motivators to not **** up.

Been their done that and yes, it motivates you. 

6 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

That is old school right there.  I am sure that would be considered some kind of offense now.

Yep, there were no rules back then. If you didn't like it you quit.  No Gatorade, nothing, just a metal bucket full of ice water and one big ladle spoon to scoop a drink from. That would be an infectious no no nowadays. :lol: