Minicamp Highlights

5 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Hurst is playing for a contract, somewhere.  I think us not picking up his fifth year may be a motivating factor.

I honestly thought then and still think now, that not picking up his extension was a mistake. At a little over a 5.5 million cap hit, there was no reason not to pick up the 5th year. I think now that he's had a year to settle in and get comfortable with Matt. Plus a competent play caller that knows how to implement TE's I think he has a break out year. Worst case we could have traded him next off season if we didn't want to keep him or pay him.

That was really the one move this off season that I didn't like, there were other things I might have done different but I could understand where they were coming from in their decision making. This one just didn't make sense.

1 minute ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

I honestly thought then and still think now, that not picking up his extension was a mistake. At a little over a 5.5 million cap hit, there was no reason not to pick up the 5th year. I think now that he's had a year to settle in and get comfortable with Matt. Plus a competent play caller that knows how to implement TE's I think he has a break out year. Worst case we could have traded him next off season if we didn't want to keep him or pay him.

That was really the one move this off season that I didn't like, there were other things I might have done different but I could understand where they were coming from in their decision making. This one just didn't make sense.

I think Hurst was a calculated gamble.  If he signs elsewhere as a Free Agent, we have a shot at decent compensation draft pick wise.

1 minute ago, Herr Doktor said:

I think Hurst was a calculated gamble.  If he signs elsewhere as a Free Agent, we have a shot at decent compensation draft pick wise.

Yeah I understand he would be a potentially good comp pick, in 2023. Where as if we pick up the option and decide to let him go I think we could have traded him for a 3rd in 2022, or had another year of stellar play for low cap dollars. Either option is better than the one our front office chose. IMO

Either way I think it was a pretty poorly calculated gamble.

2 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Ok, I swear that wasn’t an “h” there when I first looked at this!! :lol:

1 hour ago, Precyse said:

I knew it would catch some eyes lls 

Same here! I started to do a "FIFY" post. :lol:

2 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

Am I the only one that thought that Hurst looked good in his limited usage last season? I had him in fantasy last year, so I watched him closer, and I thought he did really well in his limited catches. The real problem was the Koetter couldn't get the ball to him ever. He was schemed less and less as the season went by and Dirk completely lost it/gave up. 

I'm really hoping he balls out this season. It wouldn't be insane if he has more yards than Pitts this season.

I thought we should have picked up his 5th year option for $5 million. I hope we can re-sign him fairly cheap. He and Pitts should make a good tandem

34 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I think the whole majesty around a Unicorn is the single horn. A double Unicorn would just be a goat or ram or something pedestrian

A unicorn is a horse with a magic horn who poops rainbows. A double unicorn is a horse with two horns and poops gold.