Minicamp Highlights

36 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

I'm starting to drink the Frank Darby koolaid. 

1 hour ago, The Don™ said:

Matt's looking good and got some zip!

Seeing Darby a lot. Pitts looks real fluid. Hopefully this is the year we see Hurst get vertical. He looks good too.

Me too. They might be focusing on him to take our attention away from other stuff, but I'm really close to calling him Beast. Trying to keep my expectations low, knowing he might only be WR4/5 when the season opens, but I likey. He's one guy I'm hoping is one of those rare rookie standouts that comes in and takes someone's job.

36 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Watching Darby who can make alot of issues go away.

I'm hoping so too. Just telling myself it's only mini-camp so nothing to see here.

31 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

That's the first thing I noticed.  He's having fun and playing loose.

Am I the only one that thought that Hurst looked good in his limited usage last season? I had him in fantasy last year, so I watched him closer, and I thought he did really well in his limited catches. The real problem was the Koetter couldn't get the ball to him ever. He was schemed less and less as the season went by and Dirk completely lost it/gave up. 

I'm really hoping he balls out this season. It wouldn't be insane if he has more yards than Pitts this season.

18 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

Am I the only one that thought that Hurst looked good in his limited usage last season? I had him in fantasy last year, so I watched him closer, and I thought he did really well in his limited catches. The real problem was the Koetter couldn't get the ball to him ever. He was schemed less and less as the season went by and Dirk completely lost it/gave up. 

I'm really hoping he balls out this season. It wouldn't be insane if he has more yards than Pitts this season.

If he balls out it gives Arthur some really interesting flexibility in working out of 2-TE packages and then either smashing the defense in the mouth or motioning to split one or both of him and Pitts out wide to get some really lopsided match-ups.  

55 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Something to see indeed. I'm not seeing the criticism that made him drop other than getting hurt. I'm rolling with RWjr. Going out on a limb with this rook...Grant and Hawkins to.

I'm with you. I am holding out a lot of hope too for that rookie OLman we got, Kion Smith. 

And Tajae Sharpe. Would also love to see Hawkins and Huntley make some noise and bump somebody.

1 hour ago, ATLskinjob said:

He had 89 targets last year...far from limited usage.

And if you look at his game logs you saw a fairly consistent number of targets

And he was actually the most productive by the end of the year.

If Ryan had done a better job on a few of his targets then he would have had another 2 or 3 TDS.

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

He had 89 targets last year...far from limited usage.

And if you look at his game logs you saw a fairly consistent number of targets

And he was actually the most productive by the end of the year.

If Ryan had done a better job on a few of his targets then he would have had another 2 or 3 TDS.

Oh I didn't check the stats. From the eye test, I just thought he looked more effective at the beginning of the season.

Gotta say though, dude is really fast and has very good hands. If Matt and Hayden built a better connection this off season then I think he could be really effective.

1 hour ago, ATLskinjob said:

Hurst is playing for a contract, somewhere.  I think us not picking up his fifth year may be a motivating factor.

1 minute ago, ATLskinjob said:

Oh I didn't check the stats. From the eye test, I just thought he looked more effective at the beginning of the season.

Gotta say though, dude is really fast and has very good hands. If Matt and Hayden built a better connection this off season then I think he could be really effective.

Fair enough.

He is very talented but last year he underachieved.

I am sure that the circumstances around last year did not help so I hope that having a more "normal" off-season will help.

He is going to be very important this year.