Falcons At Crossroads

16 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Meanwhile, more proof that opinions are like ***holes (I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find it):

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/falcons-big-mistake-isnt-trading-julio-jones-its-not-also-dealing-matt-ryan-and-others-for-a-full-rebuild/

Why does this keep getting posted again? I've lost count at how many times this has been posted.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So let me get this straight...We should have passed on the best player in the draft to draft the 4th best Quarterback who went 11th??

Im gonna miss everybody.     

I've been a Falcon fan over half a century now. I've seen it all. I think I'll give Terry and Arthur a fair chance before I prepare for impending doom because we traded a 32 year old WR.

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

because of his pedigree at Denver and the one magical season and SuperBowl in Atlanta - people forget how horrid Dan Reeves was running the franchise w/ personnel control - his drafts were horrid.   Also, Dan was part of the history of Falcons never having back-to-back winning seasons.

I say that Reeves is still the best COACH the Falcons ever had. As a GM, his track record isn't good. He would have lasted as coach way longer had Vick not gotten hurt...

6 hours ago, g-dawg said:

yeah we will re-visit this "4th best QB" BS in a few years.  amazing how people cannot learn from history. 

2017 Trubisky #2, Mahomes #10, Watson #12...

Bears would have been fools to trade the 2017 #2 for the #10 or #12 using the wonderful logic. Like you I wanted Fields, well Wilson more, but that is not the point. If your mindset is anything like mine, you have to wonder if we did not make a monumental mistake with the course we went, knowing Jones wanted out. 

I mentioned this in another thread...remember that rumor that came out from some some "source" that TF said they had no choice to restructure Ryan and that is why it happened. Of course this place went nuts, but knowing what we know now, was there a actually any choice but the one we made and that "rumor" pretty much dead on?? Despite reports that we have not approached Grady about a restructure, and not buying that **** either, his agent absolutely told the Falcons it is not happening. Option B was Jones who they already knew was gone and wanted out. Really, what other option was there even if they really liked Fields?

Man you would of thought we gave up every player on this franchise when we traded Jones.  Jones hasn't seen the field in years, if he has, he has had minimal results in the TD department.  He is a freak athlete but can never stay on the field due to age and injury history.  

We just got the best pass catching threat in the draft in Kyle Pitts.  If Julio is so great, why don't we have 6 super bowl rings now?  Why are other teams winning super bowls with out Julio?  The news and media are so weird and doom and gloom. 

11 hours ago, ROMERO said:

Tired of this garbage take. Who is he supposed to throw to? Himself? Casper the ghost? jimmy selling popcorn in the stands? 

He had Tony G, Julio, roddy, mike Turner, Matt Bryant who saved our butts constantly, Ridley, Sanu

Man ya’ll are so disrespectful to former players.

shoot if it wasn’t for Mike Jenkins taking it to the house you wouldn’t have that opening pass to slob all over. If Jenk would have got caught it would have just been another pass.

19 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

This is what I don't understand, if the roles were reversed and the Falcons were the Titans and the Titans were the Falcons no one would be putting the Falcons in the SB because they'd be dogging them because of how bad the defense is but since it's the Titans everyone has just conveniently forgot about that side of the ball, despite the fact that the Titans defense was worse than the Falcons last year.

I am not dogging the Falcons.  I just think we have so many changes that are all Great Changes, I think there is a possibility we may have a few bumps early as the team adjusts.  To me that is acceptable as long as there is improvement as we go.  The difference is the Titans won 11 (including postseason) and lost the conference ship to KC.  Of course I am hoping we are in the SB in a year but I strongly believe we can be there in 2.

Moving from a pass-heavy O to possibly a ground + TE shorter game including changes on the line and a defensive roster and scheme change is a big deal.  And for all the right reasons.  

We got this.  

Edited by Killing Floor
1 hour ago, Killing Floor said:

I am not dogging the Falcons.  I just think we have so many changes that are all Great Changes, I think there is a possibility we may have a few bumps early as the team adjusts.  To me that is acceptable as long as there is improvement as we go.  The difference is the Titans won 11 (including postseason) and lost the conference ship to KC.  Of course I am hoping we are in the SB in a year but I strongly believe we can be there in 2.

Moving from a pass-heavy O to possibly a ground + TE shorter game including changes on the line and a defensive roster and scheme change is a big deal.  And for all the right reasons.  

We got this.  

What about the Titans defense? How the Titans going to go to the Super Bowl with a defense that was worst than the Falcons last year? You're a Falcons fan, you should know every well that a game plan of trying to just outscore the opponent and win a SB doesn't work. You gotta play defense and the Titans can't do that.

2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

What about the Titans defense? How the Titans going to go to the Super Bowl with a defense that was worst than the Falcons last year? You're a Falcons fan, you should know every well that a game plan of trying to just outscore the opponent and win a SB doesn't work. You gotta play defense and the Titans can't do that.

Totally.  I know our D has had a low patch and the build up looks a lot better for 2021.  I am especially excited for our secondary to come up.  We honestly did fine against the run but lacked depth in the DBs and of course an edge rush.  So I feel good about the steps we've made so far this offseason.  I think the seconds are going to pull out a lot more stops for us this year.  Looking forward to watching AJT become a leader.