• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So let me get this straight...We should have passed on the best player in the draft to draft the 4th best Quarterback who went 11th??

Im gonna miss everybody.     

I've been a Falcon fan over half a century now. I've seen it all. I think I'll give Terry and Arthur a fair chance before I prepare for impending doom because we traded a 32 year old WR.

As others have alluded to taking Pitts  doesnt mean the team was convinced they can win now.

It means they realize KP is a boss and Justin fields is overrated and (IMO) is going to be a bust. Ultimately they passed on the player not the position. I just don’t know why the media is too stupid to understand that. 

If Lawrence was there he would’ve been selected. Same likely goes for Wilson and possibly Lance.

4 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

As others have alluded to taking Pitts  doesnt mean the team was convinced they can wait now. It means they realize KP is a boss and Justin fields is overrated and (IMO) is going to be a bust. Ultimately they passed on the player not the position. I just don’t know why the media is too stupid to understand that. 

If Lawrence was there he would’ve been selected. Same likely goes for Wilson and possibly Lance.

Falcons draft room celebrated when Lance was off the board. TF said they had Lawrence and Pitts as 1 and 2 on the board. 

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

They celebrated when Lance was off the board. TF said they had Lawrence and Pitts as 1 and 2 on the board. 

I agree, Terry seemed pretty happy when he commented the 49ers were taking Lance. I just trying to be conservative mentioning last week because I guess there’s no way to know for sure.

4 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I agree, Terry seemed pretty happy when he commented the 49ers were taking Lance. I just trying to be conservative mentioning last week because I guess there’s no way to know for sure.

TF in his interview with Peter king mentioned Lawrence was the only QB they would have considered over Pitts. Anyways they had eyes on Pitts for long time. 

The Falcons are at a crossroads, it's nothing unusual for this Franchise if you have been a fan long enough. New GM, New Coaching Staff, limited cap space attempting to change the culture after 3 consecutive losing seasons, is an uphill battle.  Those who are content with going 8-8 should be very happy,  those wanting to compete for a Superbowls will have to wait for the next miracle season like 98 and 2016. 

Did i read that correctly that he said we should use all our cap space next year on the best available OT then also draft a OT in the 1st round.   So that gives us Jake Matthews and the FA OT starting  and also we now have 2 1st round OT's in Kaleb and the new 1st round OT as our backups?   Theirs a certain thing as overkill and thats just a crazy amount of resources at one position lol.

2 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

The offseason came and took Julio, Rico, Ito, Hill, Gurley, Kazee, and Keanu.

Bone bone bone bone

Bone..

Bone..

Bone..

Bone..

Bone

And the thing is, none of those guys are dealbreakers. Not even Julio because wide receivers aren’t dealbreakers. I find it funny people think this greatly improves the Titans and Matt Ryan and the Falcons are so doomed. Have they not realized how many mega star wide receivers never won a Super Bowl? Julio? Nope. Randy Miss? Nope. Terrell Owens? Nope. Antonio Brown? Nope. Odell Beckham? Nope. Larry Fitzgerald? Nope. Andre Johnson? Nope.

You can win with average at WR if you got a good enough team. Just look at the Patriots. Look at the year Seattle won the SB. Both of the Ravens SB winning teams.

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

Did i read that correctly that he said we should use all our cap space next year on the best available OT then also draft a OT in the 1st round.   So that gives us Jake Matthews and the FA OT starting  and also we now have 2 1st round OT's in Kaleb and the new 1st round OT as our backups?   Theirs a certain thing as overkill and thats just a crazy amount of resources at one position lol.

That is what happens when someone with no knowledge of the Falcons gives an answer about the Falcons.

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

And the thing is, none of those guys are dealbreakers. Not even Julio because wide receivers aren’t dealbreakers. I find it funny people think this greatly improves the Titans and Matt Ryan and the Falcons are so doomed. Have they not realized how many mega star wide receivers never won a Super Bowl? Julio? Nope. Randy Miss? Nope. Terrell Owens? Nope. Antonio Brown? Nope. Odell Beckham? Nope. Larry Fitzgerald? Nope. Andre Johnson? Nope.

You can win with average at WR if you got a good enough team. Just look at the Patriots. Look at the year Seattle won the SB. Both of the Ravens SB winning teams.

Funny you should bring this up.  I was remembering what Belichick advised a young Dimitroff years ago:  Don't make the Julio trade.  A star WR will not bring you a championship.  

Julio was a great player for us, but as you mentioned, WR's do not win championships.  Good coaching and overall team quality win championships.  

We will all miss Julio, but don't be surprised if our offense gets better the next two seasons with an improved run game and a more diverse passing attack.  

2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Yep, I've been saying this for the duration of the Julio saga.

Julio helps, but most teams who've won a SB lacked a WR of his caliber. Only Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin if he hadn't had his career cut short are the only 2 notable greatest WRs of all time with rings while most of the others are ringless.

17 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yep, I've been saying this for the duration of the Julio saga.

Julio helps, but most teams who've won a SB lacked a WR of his caliber. Only Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin if he hadn't had his career cut short are the only 2 notable greatest WRs of all time with rings while most of the others are ringless.

Yeah. Don't forget to mention that was 27 years ago for jerry and 26 years for michael. Jerry was the better of the 2 in each respective set of Super Bowls. By a long shot 🤣

12 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

People can twist any situation to their narrative. It happens in politics; it happens in sports. TD had a fair run in Atlanta and if Quinn was a better coach, I'd argue TD would still be our GM.

Two seasons ago falcons were consistently being called one of most talented teams in nfl by these same ‘analysts’.

DQ was a horrible HC. 

20 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yeah. Don't forget to mention that was 27 years ago for jerry and 26 years for michael. Jerry was the better of the 2 in each respective set of Super Bowls. By a long shot 🤣

True lol

Jerry still be trying to flex til this day about being the best WR ever along with rings. Crazy to think that he's almost 60 now.

Time does surely fly.