Trade Rumors

We're closing in on that time of year once again! We've heard a couple of things over the last few days to kind of get the conversation going

The Padres are targeting Joey Gallo as a big bat to plug in. 

Nats are reportedly pondering Max Scherzer being available in July. Theyre in last place and if that doesn't improve much they're reportedly realizing its time to face the music on where they are as an organization.

Miami has not approached Starling Marte about an extension. The speculation is he will likely be available in July. 

6 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

So who could the Braves target?

An every day LF and another bull pen arm have to be at the top of the list.

If Tucker keeps this up, I think SP needs to fall on the list. Especially with Ynoa coming back at some point and possibly Soroka. 

Smyly would help the pen too, but another righty would be nice (Richard Rodriguez).

I’m not sure who else in LF we could get. We will have to get someone. Don’t think Waters will be ready based on everything 

5 hours ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

What if I told you that he's already on the team - Snit just won't use him in that role as it means "demoting" Smith.

Answer: Chris Martin.

His experience as a closer is limited. He only has 6 career saves, hes never been a featured closer.  I think he could do it but it is a situation hes never been in full time. Shane Greene is actually the other guy with 9th innkng experience he was the Tigers closer for 2 seasons before the trade. 

8 hours ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

What if I told you that he's already on the team - Snit just won't use him in that role as it means "demoting" Smith.

Answer: Chris Martin.

He has to prove he is healthy. You can't plug a guy in, have success for a short time, just to scramble to find another guy to fill the role.