Trade Rumors

Unknøwn

We're closing in on that time of year once again! We've heard a couple of things over the last few days to kind of get the conversation going

The Padres are targeting Joey Gallo as a big bat to plug in. 

Nats are reportedly pondering Max Scherzer being available in July. Theyre in last place and if that doesn't improve much they're reportedly realizing its time to face the music on where they are as an organization.

Miami has not approached Starling Marte about an extension. The speculation is he will likely be available in July. 

4 hours ago, jidady said:

It's strange to live in a world where legit Cy Young candidates are available in trade.

Like David Cone, Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling, and CC Sabathia?

6 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

So who could the Braves target?

An every day LF and another bull pen arm have to be at the top of the list.

If Tucker keeps this up, I think SP needs to fall on the list. Especially with Ynoa coming back at some point and possibly Soroka. 

Smyly would help the pen too, but another righty would be nice (Richard Rodriguez).

I’m not sure who else in LF we could get. We will have to get someone. Don’t think Waters will be ready based on everything 

5 hours ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

What if I told you that he's already on the team - Snit just won't use him in that role as it means "demoting" Smith.

Answer: Chris Martin.

His experience as a closer is limited. He only has 6 career saves, hes never been a featured closer.  I think he could do it but it is a situation hes never been in full time. Shane Greene is actually the other guy with 9th innkng experience he was the Tigers closer for 2 seasons before the trade. 

8 hours ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

What if I told you that he's already on the team - Snit just won't use him in that role as it means "demoting" Smith.

Answer: Chris Martin.

He has to prove he is healthy. You can't plug a guy in, have success for a short time, just to scramble to find another guy to fill the role.

It is June 11, 2021 and Richard Rodriguez is still not a Brave?!?!?! Hurry it up guys!

Real talk, Pittsburgh is likely going to wait until the prices increase. Prices aren't as high right now.  

I’ve never understood why you can’t bring in a starter to pitch one inning in the middle of his rest days. Don’t they throw on the side on their off days? What is one inning gonna hurt, especially if pitchers don’t pitch deep into games anymore. 

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Joey Gallo is in the final year of ARB in 22' and a UFA in 2023, the Rangers are in a rebuilding mode, and Scott Boras is his agent. So no way the Rangers will resign him and look for them to unload him soon, while his contract still has some value and he is not a total rental. 

In other news CrimsonFalcon has significant interest in the Braves aquiring Gallo.

5 hours ago, Skott Lee said:

I’ve never understood why you can’t bring in a starter to pitch one inning in the middle of his rest days. Don’t they throw on the side on their off days? What is one inning gonna hurt, especially if pitchers don’t pitch deep into games anymore. 

You could do that, but it would be really stupid. Back in the old days, guys used to pitch a butt load of innings. In today's game, pitchers that don't take care of their arms, and get enough rest, would not only have greater risk of injury, but they would most likely get shelled.

Throwing on the side does NOT simulate in game pitching. You just can't replicate the stress that pitching in a game puts on a pitcher. It's a bad idea, and that's why it is rare when a team does it. Sometimes in the playoffs teams will risk it, but it's just not sustainable.

3 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

In other news CrimsonFalcon has significant interest in the Braves aquiring Gallo.

Joey Gallo started off the season horribly, a continuation of his 2020 dreadful season, hitting only .205/.358/.359 (.716) through his first 46 games. But since May 23rd he's been tearing it up hitting .265/.446/.551 (.997). He's managed to raise his season line from the aforementioned horrible line to .220/.380/.405 (.785). Having that short porch in right that he could take advantage of, if the price isn't too high it would be a good move for the Braves.

7 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Joey Gallo started off the season horribly, a continuation of his 2020 dreadful season, hitting only .205/.358/.359 (.716) through his first 46 games. But since May 23rd he's been tearing it up hitting .265/.446/.551 (.997). He's managed to raise his season line from the aforementioned horrible line to .220/.380/.405 (.785). Having that short porch in right that he could take advantage of, if the price isn't too high it would be a good move for the Braves.

Didn't I say some of this a couple weeks ago?

To me it has to be thr right price for Gallo. I'm not sure the market will allow that price to be appropriate. He still Ks a lot but his babip is .301 and hes getting on base at a good clip. We know he's going to hit his HRs. I could get behind Acuna, Free, Ozzie, Gallo, Riley. 

If Wilson and Davidson continue to pitch well then I could see one of them being packaged to aquire a player at the deadline.

Especially if the Braves think that Soroka and Ynoa will be back (Ynoa especially since a broken hand is far less complicated than an acl issue) and if Touki looks promising.

30 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Who really has log jams infront of them right now?

Shewmake and Vaughn Grissom have Dansby and/or Ozzie

Ball has Freeman (but that could be subject to change with the DH)

CJ Alexander possibly with Riley.