Schultz: Falcons’ Arthur Smith on Julio Jones: ‘I don’t worry about players I never coached’ - The Athletic

5 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

The Falcons are doing something we are not used to, making commitments to a total team approach.  They are fostering competition and are trying to introduce a more consistent culture.  You do that by commiting your decisions on the success of the red and black alone.  Buy in, work hard, get it done, or you are gone.

Exactly!! We should all be excited.

3 hours ago, Tandy said:

Yeah, it just kills me how they do this over and over.   Like - Oh I'm sorry if this has been asked, I had technical difficulties getting on - or I was late joining.    BS!   They just want to ask the same lame, tired questions that take up the bulk of the interview, leaving us with so many unanswered good questions about those things that actually are going on with the Falcons.

It's always this way.   Sad, lazy and unprofessional in my mind.   All they want is some juicy tidbit they can twist into a storyline to cause more dissention in the team and the fans - and give them more gossip and crap to write about in the process.

I told my wife that the ultimate in lazy questions is asking something when you already know what the answer will be. My best example was when Barbara Walters "scooped" a Robert Blake interview when he was still locked up pre-trial. ABC News advertised it with the same thing for a week: "Did you kill your wife?" Nobody who watched the interview thought he would say that he did and true to form, he swore he was innocent in spite of a crapload of evidence to the contrary.

I loved it when, upon acquittal, he made a point to thank Barbara Walters for helping him convince people he was not a murderer. If you know the answer, either rephrase the question in a way to get a different answer don't ask it. I can't stand lazy journalists.

Regarding the Falcons, if you follow Falcons Twitter, every day you'll have dozens of questions that you'd like the answers to that never get asked. This is only worse when half the press pool wants to know if Julio is going to be at mini-camp.

8 hours ago, thanat0s said:

Reeves was about the nuts and bolts and basics. They can him and get captain smelling salts, captain helmet kissing, with that bro mentality running around here. It’s was tolerable when we won, but made you hate him when we weren’t.

FIFY. When Mora did that in the tunnel with Vick before they came out after a week Vick had been taking a lot of heat (I think for not having a lot of yards passing per game) he totally lost me. 

7 hours ago, vafalconfan said:

I just feel good about having a head coach that brings in his own offense. No more looking over at the OC and wondering if he's really watching the game.. 😄

Wait...Smith didn't agree to run Shanny's offense when he was hired?! I'm off the bandwagon. 

3 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Man I just love that quote in the topic title.

This exactly how I’d want a/our coach to view these things.

It’s ridiculous for the media dimwits to expect AS to expend an ounce of energy over anything outside of his authority.

Bingo.

22 hours ago, thanat0s said:

The like was for you for sharing content, GP, not Sgt Schultz.😄

22 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Arthur Smith has handled the whole Julio Jones Situation masterfully well. He's going to get this offense back up to full speed with equal aplomb.

Bobby Petrino said about the same thing after he found out Vick had been arrested and suspended....

Then Petrino started calling around asking about other job opportunities......🙄

22 hours ago, dapanch420 said:

embrace the suck!

Falcons HC Dan Quinn Has Hottest Seat in NFL | Heavy.com

22 hours ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

Boy was it embraced!

Does anyone here know how to make a meme?  Take a picture of Dark Vader from Empire Strikes Back, when Vader was stretching out his hand to Luke.   Meme would say, "Embrace the Dark Side, Luke.  Embrace.... the Suck!!!"

Might be popular here.... wave it at Cowboys fans once in awhile?

Yeah, I'm evil.....😁

16 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Schultz said it in the article but I keep thinking a lot of stuff Arthur says and how operates reminds me of Billy B. Let’s hope that translates to the field. 

Bill doesn't play games.   He'll just say, "I already answered that question".

When asked about the Patriots signing Tebow, BB said " Tebow is the fourth string QB.  What else is there to say?"

12 hours ago, Falcons Bust said:

People shouldn’t let their hate for the media dictate their opinions on how Smith treats the press. I don’t like his secrecy.

What exactly has he not revealed to the media that you think he should have? Do you want him to send them copies of the playbook?

9 hours ago, egoprime II said:

Bill doesn't play games.   He'll just say, "I already answered that question".

When asked about the Patriots signing Tebow, BB said " Tebow is the fourth string QB.  What else is there to say?"

“On to the next question”

”we’re here to discuss the bengals” Lol

I'm good with it  

A lot of great points in this post. The thing I can’t get out of my head is the amount of hype this trade is getting. Julio is a generational talent and is a HOF player. But he is 32 and on the backside of his career. He has been injured for the last few years and is rarely able to practice.

He might be able to give you a couple more great seasons but wouldn’t be surprised if he had a so so year with Tannehill now throwing him the ball. People also don’t realize that he is not running the full route tree like he did when he first came in the league. I don’t know if it was coaching or protecting his injuries but most of his routes are in breaking or go routes.

I will always root for Julio because he was a great player for us. But these are the type of decisions that are FO has messed up in the past. We hung onto players for too long and paid the price for it.

11 hours ago, egoprime II said:

Does anyone here know how to make a meme?  Take a picture of Dark Vader from Empire Strikes Back, when Vader was stretching out his hand to Luke.   Meme would say, "Embrace the Dark Side, Luke.  Embrace.... the Suck!!!"

Might be popular here.... wave it at Cowboys fans once in awhile?

Yeah, I'm evil.....😁

5crys9.jpg

20 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Man I just love that quote in the topic title.

This exactly how I’d want a/our coach to view these things.

It’s ridiculous for the media dimwits to expect AS to expend an ounce of energy over anything outside of his authority.

From everything I've heard from him, he's here to do a job and not make friends.

28 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

From everything I've heard from him, he's here to do a job and not make friends.

Exactly.  DQ was a people pleaser.  That doesn’t necessarily earn you respect.  
Even down to the family level, it’s not a Father’s duty to be their children’s best friend. But rather to discipline them & teach them & help them grow. 

1 hour ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Exactly.  DQ was a people pleaser.  That doesn’t necessarily earn you respect.  
Even down to the family level, it’s not a Father’s duty to be their children’s best friend. But rather to discipline them & teach them & help them grow. 

Personally, I'm a fire and brimstone in your face type when you do wrong, a motivator when you can't (or feel like doing it) and a public praise after it's been type.

I'm having to deal with this with a constant turnover at work.