Schultz: Falcons’ Arthur Smith on Julio Jones: ‘I don’t worry about players I never coached’ - The Athletic

There are obvious questions about the team that we see this season. Will the secondary improve? Will the OL gel? Will we get production out of the DL?

But for me, one of the most important question will be if we see guys run out as WR2 and WR3 who would keep those designations on another team? Julio's departure is tough but IMO, the most important impact it'll have on the team will be how it affects receiver depth.

Coach's use of Pitts on the edges will obviously be important. But Gage, Zacchaeus and Darby will have opportunities to play huge roles. Let's hope they step up.

16 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

What’s he supposed to say? Man league. Man ish. He’s a man. The head coach. Do some man ish! 

Man, I'd love it if just once, he'd tell the reporters "We have a lot of fans who are more interested in how the Falcons are shaping up than the Titans. Asking me the same question 10 different ways seems like a lazy way to spend media availability. Especially when you already know the answer".

Let the national media dig into the trade. If you're a Falcons media writer and you can only ask the same **** question as everybody else (and that you asked at the last press conference), you're doing it wrong.

He answered it how he should've. Of course there was more context to it, but why should he be worried about Julio? Julio was never in the plans for obvious reasons and now he's no longer here. 

Same answer you'd probably get from Belichick or Saban. On the flip side, I'd love to hear someone ask Dan Quinn about Sean Lee lol.

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

Man, I'd love it if just once, he'd tell the reporters "We have a lot of fans who are more interested in how the Falcons are shaping up than the Titans. Asking me the same question 10 different ways seems like a lazy way to spend media availability. Especially when you already know the answer".

Let the national media dig into the trade. If you're a Falcons media writer and you can only ask the same **** question as everybody else (and that you asked at the last press conference), you're doing it wrong.

So you feel me. I feel it too. **** it. Let’s play ball. 

2 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

I can’t like, love this enough. 

7 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

I can’t like, love this enough. 

I watched an Arthur Smith presser a couple weeks ago and they stayed on Julio even though they knew he wasn't going to comment. I think the team reporter tried to ask a question about OTA but then the next idiot came right back and wasted his time and mine. Maybe now that he's gone, we'll learn some of what they didn't report.

6 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

I watched an Arthur Smith presser a couple weeks ago and they stayed on Julio even though they knew he wasn't going to comment. I think the team reporter tried to ask a question about OTA but then the next idiot came right back and wasted his time and mine. Maybe now that he's gone, we'll learn some of what they didn't report.

That’s true of all news media idiots. It’s not enough that the question gets answered. They have to be able to say “I asked [insert target] about [insert subject] and they said…”. 

The fact that the same question has been asked a dozen times, or that they’re wasting everybody’s time doesn’t matter at all.

22 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

That’s true of all news media idiots. It’s not enough that the question gets answered. They have to be able to say “I asked [insert target] about [insert subject] and they said…”. 

The fact that the same question has been asked a dozen times, or that they’re wasting everybody’s time doesn’t matter at all.

The need for sensationalism over fact reporting to generate those clicks.