Five Invites to Mandatory Mini-Camp

On 6/8/2021 at 5:01 PM, BeenThere said:

Didn't you get the Memo? Only TItans former players are getting the invite now days. It's becoming "The Atlanta Titans" and The "Tennessee Julio's"..... LOL! Kidding........ 

But hey, can you run the ball? If I am coach, let's check the 40 speed and if your good suit up! 🙂 

And don't leave my man,, RB Brian Hill out #23 ,, He is going to make some noise in Tenn. LOL! Not kidding......

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

And don't leave my man,, RB Brian Hill out #23 ,, He is going to make some noise in Tenn. LOL! Not kidding......

I have never understood why the Falcons even bother with working with other teams, I mean what is the purpose : "Letting others know your players weaknesses and or expose possible plays". 

Oh well, stupid to practice with other teams or all these TIGHT END camps like were mentioned because somebody could get hurt, and NO that camp IS NOT ABOUT GETTING BETTER as a player it is ultimately about FIGURING OUT HOW TO take away something from another team. 

My opinion only I guess. A heart full of sand is better than a hand full of salt perhaps? LOL! That did not work out right! Let's try again : "Like Sands Through The Hourglass, So Goes The Days Of Our Lives!". 

Edited by BeenThere
22 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

The ironic thing is that the Titans actually have been getting Falcons free agents for the last 5-6 years. 

The more I think about it, you are right. It's like teams make a pact and start wheeling and dealing, almost like the mafia where you are either part of the family or you get a horse head delivered in your bed at night or something along them lines. LOL! 

On 6/8/2021 at 5:29 PM, DonOfThemBirds said:

Both John Randle and Antonio Gates were signed after trying out for their teams and were brought into training camp.

It's an extremely long shot, but it has happened before.

Did you know John Randle worked out with the Falcons before he went to the Vikings?

We could have had Deion Sanders, Bret Favre and John Randle on our team at the same time.

So many missed opportunities......

https://sports.jrank.org/pages/3792/Randle-John-Signs-With-Vikings-Free-Agent.html

During the 1990 NFL draft Randle was not selected in part because of his small size for the position he played. His play at Texas A & M did merit a workout with the Atlanta Falcons, but they declined to sign him because they believed he was out of shape. A week later, the Minnesota Vikings invited him to training camp, and Randle was later signed to a free agent contract. He played his heart out to prove his value to the team.

40 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

Did you know John Randle worked out with the Falcons before he went to the Vikings?

We could have had Deion Sanders, Bret Favre and John Randle on our team at the same time.

So many missed opportunities......

https://sports.jrank.org/pages/3792/Randle-John-Signs-With-Vikings-Free-Agent.html

During the 1990 NFL draft Randle was not selected in part because of his small size for the position he played. His play at Texas A & M did merit a workout with the Atlanta Falcons, but they declined to sign him because they believed he was out of shape. A week later, the Minnesota Vikings invited him to training camp, and Randle was later signed to a free agent contract. He played his heart out to prove his value to the team.

Yet another Falcon mistake...

8 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

After Julio retires.... do you think we will look back at trading him as being a big mistake?

If Julio truly was the one who wanted out and asked for a trade, then couldn't really fault the Falcons on doing so because it could became a real ugly situation.

17 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

In Jeff Holland’s last season at Auburn he had 13 tackles for loss and 10 sacks. He’s undersized to be a 4-3 DE in the NFL, but maybe he can earn a backup role in Pees scheme. He’s a long shot but I’m rooting for him. 

I’m glad you mentioned that because I’ve certainly been confused all day. I had him mixed up with Jake Holland and kept going “WTH? What could they possibly see in Paul Worrilow 2.0”

Lol at this thread, bunch of scrubs, and multiple posters wanting to praise the guys and their potential to the point of even saying they could kick other guys off of the roster, and the one guy who no one (outside of he Auburn fans) said anything about, is the only one that we sign lol

This is why we caution our predictions lol

20 hours ago, egoprime II said:

That was the first UDFA that I was aware of at the time that really made it, and in his case REALLY made it

Not like ATL didnt need a tackle either if i remember correctly

59 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

That was the first UDFA that I was aware of at the time that really made it, and in his case REALLY made it

There's been a surprising number in the history of the NFL. Some of the ones right off the top of my head.

• Jessie Tuggle
  • John Randle
  • Kurt Warner
  • Rod Smith
  • Warren Moon
  • Antonio Gates
  • James Harrison
  • Adam Vinatieri
2 hours ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Glanville could have found a spot for Randle...  but I imagine Glanville let Randle go because Randle was rather light for a DT.  But man, Randle could -play-....

Did you know Jesse Tuggle was an UDFA out of Valdosta State?

Edited by egoprime II