Do you have confidence in Mike Davis as our running back 1?

6 hours ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

Worst signing?  That’s silly man.

I think he can easily be RB1 if the oline does their job and he stays healthy.  Like others have said I’m more worried about the depth behind him if he were to get injured.  

Bro he's shown me nothing to make me think he could "Easily" be RB1. This is all subjective though, I could and would LOVE to be wrong.

8 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Agreed. Our RB committee is a bunch of scrubs for the most part. There isn't one guy who I am confident will be the answer. Although, Denver had many years where they took a guy out of nowhere to produce, so I guess it could happen. I just really believed we should have used a pick on a stud RB. 

Yeah I couldn’t believe we didn’t draft a guy at all 

I am not understanding why some guys are still in their feelings about not drafting a RB.  From the beginning and every chance he had, TF told us team needs will be addressed in free agency and draft would be BPA.  Please understand, the Falcons no longer draft for need.

1 hour ago, BAMF said:

I am not understanding why some guys are still in their feelings about not drafting a RB.  From the beginning and every chance he had, TF told us team needs will be addressed in free agency and draft would be BPA.  Please understand, the Falcons no longer draft for need.

Yeah, because you can 100% believe what a GM says. Give me a break. When it comes to the draft, and FA, you can have a philosophy, but it's going to be a case by case situation. 

52 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Yeah, because you can 100% believe what a GM says. Give me a break. When it comes to the draft, and FA, you can have a philosophy, but it's going to be a case by case situation. 

So far he's done exactly what he's said, FA RB signed, none drafted. Of course there will be times when BPA and team needs are the same, but when they are not BPA  will be the choice. 

On 6/7/2021 at 6:28 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

How are you guys feeling about our rushing attack going into 2021? Do you think Mike Davis will do a good job? How many yards and touchdowns do you predict Mike Davis will rush for? Do you think that Arthur Smith will use Mike Davis as a receiving weapon like we used to use Tevin Coleman and Devonta Freeman? I'm excited to see what Arthur Smith has up his sleeze for Mike Davis and our running backs.

I'm not "excited" about him dominating the league, but I consider him a massive upgrade over anyone on the roster last season. He will at least be NFL average, with above average abilities in some categories (pass catching). I think he is a good scheme fit. 

I consider him 100% adequate. That makes him a great place holder until we can do better and, potentially, a great compliment back when we can do better. I see him as a zero liability guy (has sufficient vision, speed, ball security, first step, patience/instinct, pass blocking, etc.) He may not be a dominator in any of those areas, but he makes all the checkmarks. He's got a decent 3-down skill set. I think that is important in AS's system. If he's on the field on 3rd and 4, your not tipping the play call to the defense just by his mere presence on the field. 

37 minutes ago, BAMF said:

So far he's done exactly what he's said, FA RB signed, none drafted. Of course there will be times when BPA and team needs are the same, but when they are not BPA  will be the choice. 

I think that is the right approach too. I just hate it when people take what a GM or HC says verbatim. TF & AS are not going to give us or the media a **** clue as to what they are going to do.

20 minutes ago, falcndave said:

I'm not "excited" about him dominating the league, but I consider him a massive upgrade over anyone on the roster last season. He will at least be NFL average, with above average abilities in some categories (pass catching). I think he is a good scheme fit. 

I consider him 100% adequate. That makes him a great place holder until we can do better and, potentially, a great compliment back when we can do better. I see him as a zero liability guy (has sufficient vision, speed, ball security, first step, patience/instinct, pass blocking, etc.) He may not be a dominator in any of those areas, but he makes all the checkmarks. He's got a decent 3-down skill set. I think that is important in AS's system. If he's on the field on 3rd and 4, your not tipping the play call to the defense just by his mere presence on the field. 

With AS offense, I was hoping for something better at the RB position than "adequate".

3 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

With AS offense, I was hoping for something better at the RB position than "adequate".

I totally agree. I just see "adequate" as a huge upgrade. Sad...and hopefully we will find Davis has more then we think. I'll quickly admit Turner brought more than I though he would the first few seasons. 

3 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Well if Gurley was better then those other 2 aspects would look alot better too. 

It was an experiment that was doomed to fail….a RB with arthritic knees, an OL that was poor at run blocking….and most of all a bland OC who breaks out in hives whenever a non-pass play is called.

7 hours ago, BAMF said:

One could argue that Javante Williams was BPA at 35 when we traded back to 40.

3 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

One could argue that Javante Williams was BPA at 35 when we traded back to 40.

Anyone who thinks/thought we needed a RB more than a decent safety is absolutely cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

Mike Davis is our chain mover, CP is our home run hitter. Qadree will backup Davis, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Javian Hawkins as a 4th RB. 

On 6/7/2021 at 6:28 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

How are you guys feeling about our rushing attack going into 2021? Do you think Mike Davis will do a good job? How many yards and touchdowns do you predict Mike Davis will rush for? Do you think that Arthur Smith will use Mike Davis as a receiving weapon like we used to use Tevin Coleman and Devonta Freeman? I'm excited to see what Arthur Smith has up his sleeze for Mike Davis and our running backs.

Way too early to give an intelligent answer to that question.  He could be a bust or a star.  Time will tell.