Do you have confidence in Mike Davis as our running back 1?

How are you guys feeling about our rushing attack going into 2021? Do you think Mike Davis will do a good job? How many yards and touchdowns do you predict Mike Davis will rush for? Do you think that Arthur Smith will use Mike Davis as a receiving weapon like we used to use Tevin Coleman and Devonta Freeman? I'm excited to see what Arthur Smith has up his sleeze for Mike Davis and our running backs.

Is going to depend on how they treat him.

If they ask him to be a 300+ carry guy then I have zero confidence in that working because that is not him.

But in a fluid RBBC situation then that is something that could work.

At this point the offense is going to have to be more about all of the guys working together.

I think we should all have confidence in Davis being a solid RB for us. The question more so is how do Ollison, Patterson, and potentially Hawkins play behind him. Do they play well enough to make it a RBBC, does he separate as the lead guy, or is he forced to be the lead back because no one steps up? I'm hoping for the RBBC scenario but I won't be surprised at all if Davis goes for 1,000+ rush yards and 300+ recieving yards and solidifies himself as the main guy. 

On a side note: having Ollison as a big bruising back up and Hawkins as a change of pace/fast guy, sign me up hah. Here's to hoping

Also, I will say.. What we see this season isn't the final vision of this team.. We're just throwing together what we have now to make a showing.. Hopefully after our next draft we'll begin to see the identity of the team going forward.. But no doubt, we're having to work with what we have atm.. So at least give AS another season before he's ran out of town

Posted (edited)

This staff must think so. TF's experience comes from pro scouting. The Saints have had some great signings in the last 5 years that have carried them. Being in Carolina, TF would be very familiar with Davis. If they were not confident in him they would have stayed put in round 2 and picked up Javonte Williams. Instead they traded out of their position with Denver and picked Grant.

Edited by Spongebob

I think he's just what we need. He doesn't have blazing speed but he has good vision and gets to the hole fairly quick. If our offensive line is improved he should be just fine. I think we're looking at 4 or 6 yards per carry. I don't think we'll see him run up the back of an offensive lineman and get nothing like last years backs. 

20 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Also, I will say.. What we see this season isn't the final vision of this team.. We're just throwing together what we have now to make a showing.. Hopefully after our next draft we'll begin to see the identity of the team going forward.. But no doubt, we're having to work with what we have atm.. So at least give AS another season before he's ran out of town

Finally... Some common sense in the house 

29 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Did your mother have any children that lived?