FO likes Pitts over Chase

I had it all worked out pre-draft. Draft Ja'Marr Chase to be Julio's replacement then trade Julio, long before the rumors.

The front office knew what was going on behind the scenes and still drafted Pitts. Obviously, they like Pitts better even with hindsight being 20/20. Imagine, the front office and scouts know more than a random TATF guy who forgot his password for 10 years 😂. Bottom line, the front office thinks Pitts is better than Chase

2 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I had it all worked out pre-draft. Draft Ja'Marr Chase to be Julio's replacement then trade Julio, long before the rumors.

The front office knew what was going on behind the scenes and still drafted Pitts. Obviously, they like Pitts better even with hindsight being 20/20. Imagine, the front office and scouts know more than a random TATF guy who forgot his password for 10 years 😂. Bottom line, the front office thinks Pitts is better than Chase

A7E9E6B2-D702-47B8-AAFA-D74863CD9F58.png.33f5c59222728f4dad71f1c6a59161f4.png

Just now, takeitdown said:

I was curious about this, because it seems like Chase is a 1300 yard type guy.

Maybe they think there are 1000 yard receivers in the late 1st and 2nd every year, but very seldom a thousand yard TE.  So they get the TE this year and the receiver next year.

I thought the plan was brilliant. Pitts is just the better player, unicorn if you will. Chase sitting out 2020 probs didn't help

2 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

I was curious about this, because it seems like Chase is a 1300 yard type guy.

Maybe they think there are 1000 yard receivers in the late 1st and 2nd every year, but very seldom a thousand yard TE.  So they get the TE this year and the receiver next year.

Why is it so difficult for y’all to perceive that Pitts is a giant WR that was playing TE and not the other way around!?!?

2 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Why is it so difficult for y’all to perceive that Pitts is a giant WR that was playing TE and not the other way around!?!?

That's not difficult to perceive.  I like Pitts, and figured the pick was down to Chase or him.

I just figure Chase is more likely to be a 1500 yard/year player than Pitts.  So if you're just looking to replace yardage, you probably would have picked one of the top traditional WR's.  I imagine they think Pitts skillset is rarer and they can find a good WR in the late 1st or 2nd to create a formidable offense.

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

TATF: If we were going to trade Julio, we should've drafted Chase instead of Pitts

Also TATF: We only draft Pitts because we knew we were going to trade Julio

You're both wrong. We took him because we thought he was the best player available at 4

Both scenerios can be true though

26 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I agree with them.

10 minutes ago, hjerry said:

TATF: If we were going to trade Julio, we should've drafted Chase instead of Pitts

Also TATF: We only draft Pitts because we knew we were going to trade Julio

You're both wrong. We took him because we thought he was the best player available at 4

I thought it was meant to be a humor thread and you just come in all 

vqh18.jpg

16 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

That's not difficult to perceive.  I like Pitts, and figured the pick was down to Chase or him.

I just figure Chase is more likely to be a 1500 yard/year player than Pitts.  So if you're just looking to replace yardage, you probably would have picked one of the top traditional WR's.  I imagine they think Pitts skillset is rarer and they can find a good WR in the late 1st or 2nd to create a formidable offense.

I think they are looking at creating matchup issues over just yards. Julio was so valuable because he was a matchup nightmare that drew double and triple coverage.