Jump to content

Braves vs Cheesesteaks


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ll take “things I never thought I’d hear you say” for $200 Alex

All I want to see Atlanta over .500 before I can entertain hope for this season 🥺

It's done been explained that Mark Melancon took less money to go back to the West Coast. His family lives there. No amount of money was keeping Melancon in a Braves uniform. The problem is keeping Wi

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

Will Smith is example number 578614769125641 why Brian Snitker needs to be fired!!! He keeps putting this dip**** redneck dumb*** out there and he keeps losing games!!!! And it's another another example why AA is so ******* overrated as GM!!!!

What i don't get is you have Melencon who went 22 of 24 in save opportunities for you and was one of the main reasons your bullpen was one of the best in the league.  But for some reason you think Will Smith needs to be a upgrade at a 3 yr 40 mil contract but you don't think melancon is worth the 1 yr 3 mil contract the padres gave him?  GTFOH with that garbage and you somehow think a drew Smily is worth 11 million a year over a 3 mil melancon.    AA seriously screwed that up and i don't understand why you would let melancon leave for 3 million dollars  with a chance to make up to 11 mil after what he proved over 2 years for the team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the fifth time they've told us they're a sub 500 club and I've got to believe them. This time it happened to be Smith. It's always something with them. Got to believe it until they show me differently. I guess Vegas' o/u would be on how many games they slide below 500...3...4 again...smh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

What i don't get is you have Melencon who went 22 of 24 in save opportunities for you and was one of the main reasons your bullpen was one of the best in the league.  But for some reason you think Will Smith needs to be a upgrade at a 3 yr 40 mil contract but you don't think melancon is worth the 1 yr 3 mil contract the padres gave him?  GTFOH with that garbage and you somehow think a drew Smily is worth 11 million a year over a 3 mil melancon.    AA seriously screwed that up and i don't understand why you would let melancon leave for 3 million dollars  with a chance to make up to 11 mil after what he proved over 2 years for the team. 

It's done been explained that Mark Melancon took less money to go back to the West Coast. His family lives there. No amount of money was keeping Melancon in a Braves uniform. The problem is keeping Will Smith as closer when you've got better options on the team, namely Chris Martin.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One game. Let’s talk about the hitting. Right? Freddie MVP Freeman from a 60 game Covid made up season mind you.  Such an ATL thing. Where’s the bat?!  It’s the “Shift Right?!”   No… it’s the contract…. John Collins admitted that his game or not is based on the contract. It’s called peace of mind. So many faking the funk failings here. Maybe Freddie or Collins need mentors right….?

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

It's done been explained that Mark Melancon took less money to go back to the West Coast. His family lives there. No amount of money was keeping Melancon in a Braves uniform. The problem is keeping Will Smith as closer when you've got better options on the team, namely Chris Martin.

Didn't see the melancon back to westcoast thing so thats forgivable then and good on Mark for doing whats right for his family.  Although my 10 to 15 mil offer would have tested his family loyalty bwhahahahaha.   i agree with martin being the closer and i also have seen that for some odd reason Kimbrel might be made available.  Not sure why the Cubs would do that with such a good record but it's being talked about it seems.   How would you feel about Craig being looked at via trade to be closer again with the year he is having?   

CL - Kimbrel
Main Setup - Martin
2 main backups  Greene + Smith
then the rest - Minter, Jackson, Matzek, Tomlin    you can move any of them off the team if need be to make room or if you hate one enough lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Didn't see the melancon back to westcoast thing so thats forgivable then and good on Mark for doing whats right for his family.  Although my 10 to 15 mil offer would have tested his family loyalty bwhahahahaha.   i agree with martin being the closer and i also have seen that for some odd reason Kimbrel might be made available.  Not sure why the Cubs would do that with such a good record but it's being talked about it seems.   How would you feel about Craig being looked at via trade to be closer again with the year he is having?   

CL - Kimbrel
Main Setup - Martin
2 main backups  Greene + Smith
then the rest - Minter, Jackson, Matzek, Tomlin    you can move any of them off the team if need be to make room or if you hate one enough lol.

Why would the Cubs trade Craig Kimbrel when they're in 1st place?

Luke Jackson has been the Braves best bullpen arm this year. He should be getting more high leverage innings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Why would the Cubs trade Craig Kimbrel when they're in 1st place?

Luke Jackson has been the Braves best bullpen arm this year. He should be getting more high leverage innings.

I’ll take “things I never thought I’d hear you say” for $200 Alex

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Why would the Cubs trade Craig Kimbrel when they're in 1st place?

Luke Jackson has been the Braves best bullpen arm this year. He should be getting more high leverage innings.

Yeah im confused on the Kimbrel thing as well but i've seen atleast 2 or 3 articles with that so far and listing teams who could be interested.   Could be older articles from maybe in april though and just being regurgitated and brought back up.   I personally don't see why they would move him and i'll pass on Luke getting higher leverage innings.  I think he is fine where he is i think he gets much worse when theirs more pressure on him.  He has finally found a spot that is working for him after a few years and i wouldn't want to mess that up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jidady said:

You've just described my definition of The Bad Place. But you're right.

I took this loss a whole lot harder than I should have but that’s because I let myself get sucked in and start believing again. It sucks. Football season can’t get here fast enough. Maybe the Braves will eventually wise up and send Snitker packing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I took this loss a whole lot harder than I should have but that’s because I let myself get sucked in and start believing again. It sucks. Football season can’t get here fast enough. Maybe the Braves will eventually wise up and send Snitker packing.

Auburn will kill your heart again too. Sorry. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...