Jump to content

Braves vs Cheesesteaks


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I'm not talking about a rebuild. But I am talking about packing it in for 2021. It's clear this team, even if a miracle happens and they win the division, isn't winning squat this year. Nearly every guy I mentioned is a free agent after this year so why not trade him off and get some picks and prospects for them? None of them are "core" pieces.

Oh yeah I agree with packing it in for 2021. This team is average 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ll take “things I never thought I’d hear you say” for $200 Alex

All I want to see Atlanta over .500 before I can entertain hope for this season 🥺

It's done been explained that Mark Melancon took less money to go back to the West Coast. His family lives there. No amount of money was keeping Melancon in a Braves uniform. The problem is keeping Wi

4 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I'm not talking about a rebuild. But I am talking about packing it in for 2021. It's clear this team, even if a miracle happens and they win the division, isn't winning squat this year. Nearly every guy I mentioned is a free agent after this year so why not trade him off and get some picks and prospects for them? None of them are "core" pieces.

I know you are upset and live in the moment, but I believe you will be eating crow by seasons end. By September you will forget all about the struggles of today. They will start clicking and make a playoff run. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

I know you are upset and live in the moment, but I believe you will be eating crow by seasons end. By September you will forget all about the struggles of today. They will start clicking and make a playoff run. 

I’m believing that less and less, but anything is possible I suppose.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Minter had a bad inning today but he has been really good lately.

To say that he is useless is absolutely hyperbolic nonsense 

Wilson also has been good the last few times that he has been up.

Touki has not even pitched this year 

Wright was OK in his only start..... calling him useless is again non sense.

You are just grasping because you do not like him and you are trying to make it worse than what it is.

 

53 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I mean I Minter had given up 6 runs in his last 10 games....which sounds bad but then you see that 3 runs came in 1 game vs the Mets.

Of the 15 runs that he has given up 6 have come in 2 games.

 

So yeah....saying Minter is useless is ...well useless.

 

We'll agree to disagree.

Saying Touki hasn't pitched this year doesn't matter. He's terrible when he does.

These guys were all far more valuable when AA had a chance to go all in when they were giving us the "shop in any aisle" bullcrap.

I've said the same thing for years. He came here with stocked cupboards and coasted on it. He hasn't done a single thing to put this team in a better position than when he got here. The 2 things he did do were a product of Ozzie and Ronnie's agents being complete morons.

Not too mention his commitment to keeping one of the most inept coaching staffs in the NL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Some strange folks showing up in these Braves threads of late. I remember when there was like a max 6 in this thread when the team was winning. 

My wife doesn’t work as much as she used to.  She loves watching football and only watches baseball live.  I actually spend more time watching other stuff for her sake with her.  🤷🏽‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Born Again Georgian said:

My wife doesn’t work as much as she used to.  She loves watching football and only watches baseball live.  I actually spend more time watching other stuff for her sake with her.  🤷🏽‍♂️

I get it. Totally. I actually love my wife too and we do things together as well lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

I get it. Totally. I actually love my wife too and we do things together as well lol. 

It doesn’t help that the Braves have played less than inspiring ball.  But yeah, I do notice a lot of extra names I don’t see often in losing efforts...  I’m still holding out hope for a rebound at the half way point.  Eyes on the Hawks for now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Born Again Georgian said:

It doesn’t help that the Braves have played less than inspiring ball.  But yeah, I do notice a lot of extra names I don’t see often in losing efforts...  I’m still holding out hope for a rebound at the half way point.  Eyes on the Hawks for now. 

Strange year for sure. I think this team is close for some reason. I can’t say why though. That’s right brother. Gotta support ALL ATL teams. Go Hawks!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Snit doesn’t seem too concerned in the presser. “There’s another game tomorrow!”

I know we all want him to share our frustration but I'm not sure what else he can really say. Freddie said the same pretty much, said hes glad there's 100 games to go still. Leaders have to hold it steady and keep everyone steady. Its just one of those things where I'm sure they're all frustrated but showing it doesn't really do much. Its just we as fans want them to ride that emotional roller coaster with us because that's how we feel and we want the reassurance. I'm confident they're appropriately frustrated behind closed doors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Snit doesn’t seem too concerned in the presser. “There’s another game tomorrow!”

This is what Bobby did better than anyone else I've ever seen. He stayed on an even keel with the team whether they were winning or losing. That's...challenging for most of us.

Imagine some of our fans here as MLB managers. People would be scared to walk into the clubhouse after a two-game losing streak.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jidady said:

This is what Bobby did better than anyone else I've ever seen. He stayed on an even keel with the team whether they were winning or losing. That's...challenging for most of us.

Imagine some of our fans here as MLB managers. People would be scared to walk into the clubhouse after a two-game losing streak.

Everything is easy when you’re a fan.  🍺. Still a lot of ball left. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Black Francis said:

Really? I didn’t know that. Yeah they suck too. Lol. I like the Carolina teams though. 

Yea.. Kinda feel sorry for him.. Not for Auburn or SC though.. lol

1 hour ago, Black Francis said:

Some strange folks showing up in these Braves threads of late. I remember when there was like a max 6 in this thread when the team was winning. 

See, I said the same thing. Misery loves company.

 

Over 100 games left. Pack it in? Nah

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I know we all want him to share our frustration but I'm not sure what else he can really say. Freddie said the same pretty much, said hes glad there's 100 games to go still. Leaders have to hold it steady and keep everyone steady. Its just one of those things where I'm sure they're all frustrated but showing it doesn't really do much. Its just we as fans want them to ride that emotional roller coaster with us because that's how we feel and we want the reassurance. I'm confident they're appropriately frustrated behind closed doors.

Yeah, visibly showing frustration doesn’t help anyone and is not productive. Just ask Huascar Ynoa. Throwing bats and Gatorade coolers doesn’t spark teams to victory 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jidady said:

This is what Bobby did better than anyone else I've ever seen. He stayed on an even keel with the team whether they were winning or losing. That's...challenging for most of us.

Imagine some of our fans here as MLB managers. People would be scared to walk into the clubhouse after a two-game losing streak.

I feel attacked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jidady said:

This is what Bobby did better than anyone else I've ever seen. He stayed on an even keel with the team whether they were winning or losing. That's...challenging for most of us.

Imagine some of our fans here as MLB managers. People would be scared to walk into the clubhouse after a two-game losing streak.

Bobby also was the first out of the dugout if he thought things weren't being called fairly for the Braves. Brian Snitker just sits there and takes it. That's my biggest problem with Snitker. It's like he's lost his heart. Where's the guy that Frenchy has bragged about playing for in the minors? The guy that would punch soda machines and other stuff? Where is that guy at? Where's the guy that looked like he was gonna have a heart attack when Acuna got drilled by Urena? Can anyone remember the last time Snitker got tossed? I dang sure can't. I could handle things a whole lot easier if it looked like our manager gave a **** about winning but he looks like he doesn't care and the rest of the team has adopted that attitude. I don't even know why the Braves show up to the field for some games with the way they end up losing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Bobby also was the first out of the dugout if he thought things weren't being called fairly for the Braves. Brian Snitker just sits there and takes it. That's my biggest problem with Snitker. It's like he's lost his heart. Where's the guy that Frenchy has bragged about playing for in the minors? The guy that would punch soda machines and other stuff? Where is that guy at? Where's the guy that looked like he was gonna have a heart attack when Acuna got drilled by Urena? Can anyone remember the last time Snitker got tossed? I dang sure can't. I could handle things a whole lot easier if it looked like our manager gave a **** about winning but he looks like he doesn't care and the rest of the team has adopted that attitude. I don't even know why the Braves show up to the field for some games with the way they end up losing.

I’m sure the Braves were on the good side of some close calls because they didn’t want to deal with Bobby coming out and getting in their face. And the players knew he had their backs, especially in the matter of retaliation orders. Geez, the guy once ordered Glavine to throw at Dale Murphy! I’m trying to remember a retaliation order from Snitker. These guys that threw at Acuna should have been at least hit in the same way Acuna was, or at least brushed back with a high hard one. Gotta send a message somehow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Bobby also was the first out of the dugout if he thought things weren't being called fairly for the Braves. Brian Snitker just sits there and takes it. That's my biggest problem with Snitker. It's like he's lost his heart. Where's the guy that Frenchy has bragged about playing for in the minors? The guy that would punch soda machines and other stuff? Where is that guy at? Where's the guy that looked like he was gonna have a heart attack when Acuna got drilled by Urena? Can anyone remember the last time Snitker got tossed? I dang sure can't. I could handle things a whole lot easier if it looked like our manager gave a **** about winning but he looks like he doesn't care and the rest of the team has adopted that attitude. I don't even know why the Braves show up to the field for some games with the way they end up losing.

Different game with replay. You get instantly tossed pretty much. Thats taken away that aspect. You don't see any manager arguing these days. Snitker also makes $800K a year so I don't blame him for not wanting to rack up those fines that were increased as part of covid protocols. MLB beefed up enforcement to prevent arguing during covid. Bobby made around $3-4M a year and had a huge net worth built up. Those fines of $5-15K didn't touch him that much.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...