Braves vs Cheesesteaks

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ll take “things I never thought I’d hear you say” for $200 Alex

All I want to see Atlanta over .500 before I can entertain hope for this season 🥺

It's done been explained that Mark Melancon took less money to go back to the West Coast. His family lives there. No amount of money was keeping Melancon in a Braves uniform. The problem is keeping Wi

1 minute ago, Born Again Georgian said:

Go Hawks.

ill check on the Braves occasionally but F watching these bums every night. 

Man for real!!!!  I am with you on that!! Nothing to feel good about watching these guys right now, at least the Hawks give us something to feel good about👌

2 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

Go Hawks.

ill check on the Braves occasionally but F watching these bums every night. 

1 minute ago, ATLBham said:

Honestly I think these two games may very well sink this season for the team. How do you come back from that? Two straight losses due to game-winning homers in where we've had leads?

I'd be stunned if we ever climb out of .500 at all.

Ehh while it is sucks ***....they are 2 games.

These type of games have become pretty common playing the Phillies.... especially in Philly.

Again...it sucks..it is annoying and it is frustrating but they have a chance to get back and over .500 vs the fish.

1 minute ago, 007dawg said:

For everyone hoping the Hawks keep winning.   You do realize that they are an Atlanta and State of Georgia team.  The Loserville Curse will get them soon enough.   Probably this series.

Man I hope not!! They did close the Knicks out at MSG with a 3-1 lead which takes some balls of steel.. But you are right man let's just hope our boys break the curse.

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Ehh while it is sucks ***....they are 2 games.

These type of games have become pretty common playing the Phillies.... especially in Philly.

Again...it sucks..it is annoying and it is frustrating but they have a chance to get back and over .500 vs the fish.

I'll take "delusional for a $1000, Alex."

13 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Sorry AA doesn't have the balls to make a meaningful trade.

Trash ownership, trash GM and trash management. 

I realize you are salty after a crushing loss but seriously this is just stupid.

AA has shown that he is willing to make trades needed to bolster the team as needed.

The reason why Martin is even on the team is because AA went out and made a(actually 3) .

If the braves followed your advise then they would be stuck in 2014.

8 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I realize you are salty after a crushing loss but seriously this is just stupid.

AA has shown that he is willing to make trades needed to bolster the team as needed.

The reason why Martin is even on the team is because AA went out and made a(actually 3) .

If the braves followed your advise then they would be stuck in 2014.

Bro he hasn't made a trade that requires actually capital. He bought low on all those guys and it paid off.

He's afraid to make big trades like he did in Toronto.

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

Bro he hasn't made a trade that requires actually capital. He bought low on all those guys and it paid off.

He's afraid to make big trades like he did in Toronto.

That is what good GM's do though...they get more than they give.

Like I said....if the braves followed alot of fans thought process ( not just yours btw) then the Braves would be with out guys like Riley, Soroka, Ozzie, Acuna and others because they work have been traded in "big moves".

Most likely for guys that would have been here a year...maybe 2 and then cashed in big deals with other teams.

37 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

LOL at all the people thinking the Braves should be buyers at the deadline. The Braves should be sellers. Get rid of nearly everyone. Martin, W. Smith, Matzek, Minter, Jackson, Newcomb, Morton, Smyly, Panda, Adrianza, Heredia, Almonte, Ender, K. Smith. Just blow this thing up!!

Heck no. You don’t blow it up and waste Acuna prime years. 

40 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

For everyone hoping the Hawks keep winning.   You do realize that they are an Atlanta and State of Georgia team?  The Loserville Curse will get them soon enough.   Probably this series.

At this point, I think the Hawks will lose to a better team if they lose at all.  They have already exceeded expectations. Just enjoy what they are doing. 

46 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

That is what good GM's do though...they get more than they give.

Like I said....if the braves followed alot of fans thought process ( not just yours btw) then the Braves would be with out guys like Riley, Soroka, Ozzie, Acuna and others because they work have been traded in "big moves".

Most likely for guys that would have been here a year...maybe 2 and then cashed in big deals with other teams.

Good GMs do both. I'm not saying only do those things but at some point he has to stop playing it afraid on literally every transaction he makes.

Guys like Minter, Wilson, Wright, Touki and Newk to name a few are utterly useless to the team in a multitude of ways. They are essentially AAAA players now with next to no value.

9 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Good GMs do both. I'm not saying only do those things but at some point he has to stop playing it afraid on literally every transaction he makes.

Guys like Minter, Wilson, Wright, Touki and Newk to name a few are utterly useless to the team in a multitude of ways. They are essentially AAAA players now with next to no value.

Minter would generate a lot of value on the market. LH that throws as hard as he does, 1.1 whip and his FIP is 2.81. Wilson also has an ERA of 1.42 in his last two starts. I know its frustrating but those guys do have value and aren't exactly useless. It just gets overlooked when they are going well because of 1 bad game or something. Like Luke Jackson, he takes more hate than anyone on the roster and he's probably our best RP this year and has one of the lowest ERA's in the league. 

6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Minter had a bad inning today but he has been really good lately.

To say that he is useless is absolutely hyperbolic nonsense 

Wilson also has been good the last few times that he has been up.

Touki has not even pitched this year 

Wright was OK in his only start..... calling him useless is again non sense.

You are just grasping because you do not like him and you are trying to make it worse than what it is.

40 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Heck no. You don’t blow it up and waste Acuna prime years. 

I'm not talking about a rebuild. But I am talking about packing it in for 2021. It's clear this team, even if a miracle happens and they win the division, isn't winning squat this year. Nearly every guy I mentioned is a free agent after this year so why not trade him off and get some picks and prospects for them? None of them are "core" pieces.

38 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

The Braves are honestly not that far off. I don’t think this year we will do much. But this team is super talented and we just have to rebuild our bullpen in the offseason. Let the young guns have their chance at starting pitching.

That's exactly what I'm saying. We've got a handful of bullpen arms that suck here but teams that need arms would be desperate to get their hands on them to try to fix them.