Jump to content

Kyle Pitts said


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Mr.11 said:

That's why I'm a little adamant that Hurst gets a new deal. I think he's gonna impress this coming season, and it's only a matter of time before TEs get paid like WRs so now's the time to get max value out of them.

I think Hurst will have a great year as well but there's only so much you can spend on TE/WR. If Pitts is your #1 finding a replacement that gives you most of what Hurst brings for less won't be too difficult. Smith knows TEs and is confident in getting production out of the position. Also, there are still so many other positions to address. In the end, they still have the option to bring him back if things fall right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, pzummo said:

Love the confidence.  I don't buy it though, and hope we don't try it.  Julio will have to be replaced by the aggregate, which in my opinion can make us less predictable and possibly more dangerous as an offense.  Take Julio's 130+ targets per year and redistribute them between Ridley, Gage, Pitts, Hurst, Davis, Patterson, Sharpe, and Zaccheaus.  Test other team's depth by distributing the ball across more of our weapons.  

You are correct. There isn't one player that can replace Julio but I think we have the pieces that can add up to the same threat. Ridley or Pitts can command a double team, depending on the situation and still provide an advantage. Hopefully, Smith does as expected and is able to take advantage of those opportunities. 

Edited by Run 'n' Shoot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

He made hey in college as a deep threat

Did I misspell hey? Is it hay? I had a seizure last Sunday and I guess that word was burned out

Oh **** hope you’re healing up ok. His long speed vs nfl level CB was a concern. Hopefully he will prove the scouts wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here’s a thought.. what if Pitts is even better than advertised. The dude wants to be that guy and works like a demon. Playing in an offense that caters to TE’s Pitts may end up coming closer to mimicking Julio’s production than we think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Also fair.  I just think maybe he should understand the route concepts, leverage, where he's going to line up and at what depth he needs to break his route before he jumps into Julio's bag of tricks.

But hey, who’s to say he doesn’t? They raved about how smart he is, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TheRisen999 said:

Here’s a thought.. what if Pitts is even better than advertised. The dude wants to be that guy and works like a demon. Playing in an offense that caters to TE’s Pitts may end up coming closer to mimicking Julio’s production than we think. 

I think he could be just as impactful as Julio, in terms of drawing defenders and also forcing defensive coordinators to have to scheme up ways to keep from getting mismatches exploited.  He may not get as many yards as Julio could put up when healthy but I do think he'll be more productive in the redzone. 

He could also end up just being a better fit with Ryan.  Not basing this last thought on anything other than so many people saying Julio was too fast for Ryan's deep ball to hit him in stride.  Pitts' speed, tendencies, etc might mean that he's more on the same page with Ryan compared to Julio and Ryan.  They'll also actually practice together so that will probably pay some dividends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

This kid really seems to have all the right traits, including I hope being a serious student of the game. But he can't be Julio right now, or maybe ever. He will have a major impact on our offense though right from the get-go and have a glorious career with AS as his HC and OC as he grows and learns.

Wholio averaged 84 catches and 1200 yards and 6 TD's a year as a Falcon, pretty sure Pitts hit that 6TD target easily year one might get close on the catches but those yards are gonna be difficult year one if not more. Anything close though and it's better than Jones delivered the last 2 years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, falconsFTW said:

I think he could be just as impactful as Julio, in terms of drawing defenders and also forcing defensive coordinators to have to scheme up ways to keep from getting mismatches exploited.  He may not get as many yards as Julio could put up when healthy but I do think he'll be more productive in the redzone. 

He could also end up just being a better fit with Ryan.  Not basing this last thought on anything other than so many people saying Julio was too fast for Ryan's deep ball to hit him in stride.  Pitts' speed, tendencies, etc might mean that he's more on the same page with Ryan compared to Julio and Ryan.  They'll also actually practice together so that will probably pay some dividends.

I could see that, especially with Ryan’s history with Tight Ends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NWFALCON said:

Oh **** hope you’re healing up ok. His long speed vs nfl level CB was a concern. Hopefully he will prove the scouts wrong. 

Yeah I'm good. Bit my tongue and couldn't eat or drink for a few days but its all good now. I definitely love the dudes attitude. Really rooting for him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Snafu said:

I don’t think this fan-base has fully grasped just how good this kid is going to be.

 

Call me an oracle. What he’s going to do as a TE has never before been seen.

 

 

 He's still a TE.  He ain't like Randy Moss.  I'll pay attention if he puts up 1600+ yards as a TE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BLM said:

 He's still a TE.  He ain't like Randy Moss.  I'll pay attention if he puts up 1600+ yards as a TE

Nobody cares if you pay attention or not

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

At least you have realistic expectations.

If I'm not mistaken, that's the same poster who was complaining saying Pitts wouldn't get 1000 yards per season weeks before the draft. He didn't want Pitts. Probably still upset Pitts was drafted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TheRisen999 said:

But hey, who’s to say he doesn’t? They raved about how smart he is, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I love the kid and I think he’s serious gold jacket potential. 

But let’s be serious. He’s a rookie TE. It’s a hard position to learn. If he has an 800 yard season that is a SERIOUSLY good rookie campaign. Even with 17 games, 1000 yards would be amazing. Now, if he’s doing that, sure, throw some WR routes at him. Until then, though, he needs to handle his job. I’m not saying he can’t. But he is at the very beginning stages of learning HIS job. Let’s let him do that before we ask him to do someone else’s job too. Especially when someone else is basically being fitted for his gold jacket right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...