Kyle Pitts said

1 hour ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I think Pitts can & will be a significant pass catcher from day 1.  He’ll have to do double time on learning every route tree, formation & motion concept so he’s ready.  Ton of studying & work, but he’s the type of guy who’ll do whatever it takes.  He & Ridley are going to be nasty for years to come.  The wonderful thing to consider is that those two will have Gage, Hurst, Davis &  Patterson to keep defensive schemes from selling out to stop them.  

a good running game will really help Matt and the receivers.   Too many NFL defenses were pinning their ears back and not worried about Falcons run game.

2 hours ago, Xfactor said:
Mackenzie Salmon connected with Kyle Pitts about Julio Jones being traded and asked if he could potentially replace Julio Jones out wide in Atlanta.
USA TODAY

Kyle Pitts thinks he could handle Jones' routes as a tight end

Dayum son flex

The Cincinnati Bengals should be eyeing tight end Kyle Pitts

my man trying to eat..he already knew what time it was when julio left.someone gotta step up so why not me love the mentality

46 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

I never really watched his highlights before and dear god he's a beast. He high points the ball with his crazy 6'6 height and wingspan. Honestly, his highlights remind me a lot of Julio. Here's what impresses me the most:

• Overall strength - He's being interfered with, double or triple teamed in a lot of these and still makes the catch in crazy traffic.
  • Hand strength/catching - Catches the ball whether he has 0, 1 or 2 guys draped on him, and easily outjumps anyone.
  • High pointing/jump timing - He consistently times his jumps perfectly and catches passes in all sorts of coverages.
  • Route running - good routes, separates easily, sharp cuts without losing speed at his height.

He honestly kinda reminds me if Julio and prime Jimmy Graham fused together.

welcome to information my brother 

Love the confidence.  I don't buy it though, and hope we don't try it.  Julio will have to be replaced by the aggregate, which in my opinion can make us less predictable and possibly more dangerous as an offense.  Take Julio's 130+ targets per year and redistribute them between Ridley, Gage, Pitts, Hurst, Davis, Patterson, Sharpe, and Zaccheaus.  Test other team's depth by distributing the ball across more of our weapons.  

Maybe this is the route tree in Smith’s playbook. Watching film, Pitts hasn’t shown the ability to fill route tree like Julio. I guess we will find out if that’s because of ability or playbook. 

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

But even if you know how to study film...if you have a bias then you can confirm that...one way or the other.

No one is immune to that.

No you can’t when it comes to film lol. There’s absolutely no way for you to say you was playing cover 3 when the film shows you in a cover 1. That’s not even close to being possible. And that was just an example of something I told my coach on the sideline and what film actually showed. Film doesn’t lie. I have been in too many film sessions so I’m speaking from experience 

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

I don’t think this fan-base has fully grasped just how good this kid is going to be.

Call me an oracle. What he’s going to do as a TE has never before been seen.

He has unbelievable talent.   With Arthur Smith and his experience using TE in the game - this guy has no limit

Loving what Pitts is saying and can't wait to finally seen another Filthy Falcon Offense rise to retain their former "Dirty Bird" status.  Yeah, a running game to open it up to the max is very hopeful and I believe Davis is the biggest key here (besides the OL). 

2 hours ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

I never really watched his highlights before and dear god he's a beast. He high points the ball with his crazy 6'6 height and wingspan. Honestly, his highlights remind me a lot of Julio. Here's what impresses me the most:

• Overall strength - He's being interfered with, double or triple teamed in a lot of these and still makes the catch in crazy traffic.
  • Hand strength/catching - Catches the ball whether he has 0, 1 or 2 guys draped on him, and easily outjumps anyone.
  • High pointing/jump timing - He consistently times his jumps perfectly and catches passes in all sorts of coverages.
  • Route running - good routes, separates easily, sharp cuts without losing speed at his height.

He honestly kinda reminds me if Julio and prime Jimmy Graham fused together.

On some plays you could tell he wasn’t running full speed. Like the second TD vs Ky. It’s not because he’s dragging it but because he knows he doesn’t have to. When he kicks in he has a whole nother gear.

His QB was awful. Was that Trask? Dude has awful foot work and if not for Pitts reach most of those passes would be incomplete. That guy got drafted because of Pitts. Good luck TB.

How many helmets do the gators have?

5 hours ago, Xfactor said:
Mackenzie Salmon connected with Kyle Pitts about Julio Jones being traded and asked if he could potentially replace Julio Jones out wide in Atlanta.
USA TODAY

Kyle Pitts thinks he could handle Jones' routes as a tight end

Dayum son flex

The Cincinnati Bengals should be eyeing tight end Kyle Pitts

Hopefully he gets route technician on madden and can be moved out wide Lmao 

5 hours ago, dirtybirds233 said:

Given his size and speed, I would bet he splits out wide a lot more than we think. 

Smith loves his 12 personnel sets, but it's almost always with a blocking TE and receiving TE as to not tip whether it's a pass or run. It's likely we won't see Hurst and Pitts on the field together a whole lot. 

Don't be surprised to see a package with Pitts out wide with Hurst as the receiving TE and Smith as the blocking TE being used a lot. 

Thats a very good point

3 hours ago, pzummo said:

Love the confidence.  I don't buy it though, and hope we don't try it.  Julio will have to be replaced by the aggregate, which in my opinion can make us less predictable and possibly more dangerous as an offense.  Take Julio's 130+ targets per year and redistribute them between Ridley, Gage, Pitts, Hurst, Davis, Patterson, Sharpe, and Zaccheaus.  Test other team's depth by distributing the ball across more of our weapons.  

don't forget Darby. I think he's going to surprise. I see him developing into more than just a deep threat