Falcons Rushmore

Just now, JDaveG said:

For what it's worth, there's a reason I left Julio off too, but I feel like I'll eventually get over it.

Lol for sure. But we have to take emotion out of it. Nobis and even Tuggle (who I put in mine) aren't more deserving than Julio. He's arguably the greatest player to play for this team. To me, Julio and Roddy both deserve to be in, for some similar, and some different reasons. 

Ryan, Andrews, Humphrey, Julio.

Why? 

Ryan is the best QB to put on an Atlanta Falcons uni.  IMNSHO, Vick and Bart would be alternates if allowed.

Andrews would be in the HoF right now if not for stupid asss Dan Henning!

Humphrey was a BEAST! 

Julio, I know people are in their feelings right now, but he is a generational talent, and if the Falcons had not **** the bed in the SB, he'd have one catch (alone) that would go down as one of the greatest. 

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Lol for sure. But we have to take emotion out of it. Nobis and even Tuggle (who I put in mine) aren't more deserving than Julio. He's arguably the greatest player to play for this team. To me, Julio and Roddy both deserve to be in, for some similar, and some different reasons. 

In part, I think of people who are iconic.  You could argue no 2 players of the same position ought go in, but I think LB is different than WR or whatever.  I left Bartkowski off because Ryan is better and has been better for longer, but I could see both on there.  I don't think Julio gets in over Nobis, no way.  Nobis ought to be in the Hall of Fame and if he played worse on a better team he would be.  Instead, he languished his career here, doing his job with excellence.  He just has to be there.

Tuggle is more a heartstring thing, I grant, but he was simply outstanding during his time here.  I think maybe some recency bias is playing in for you, because honestly, there is no way Roddy was as beloved during his time here as Tuggle, and certainly not Nobis.  And while he was beloved and while he was great, he was no greater than either of them.  When people think of iconic Falcons, those 2 guys are always on the list.  And they always will be.

Brett Favre is better than Bart Starr.  But Starr is going on the Pack's Rushmore 10 times out of 10.

28 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Although Deion was the better player, I can't put him in front of Roddy. Roddy was equally productive but was apart of way more successful teams. Deion was only part of one playoff team in his 5 years with the team and they lost in the divisional round. Roddy was on 4 playoff teams, 2 first round byes, one of which he was 1st team all pro, and a conference championship game. His impact with the franchise is simply just far greater than Deion, as great as he was. 

Oh I agree with the premise. I just wanted 2 offense, 2 defense. I would never put Roddy over Julio

9 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

In part, I think of people who are iconic.  You could argue no 2 players of the same position ought go in, but I think LB is different than WR or whatever.  I left Bartkowski off because Ryan is better and has been better for longer, but I could see both on there.  I don't think Julio gets in over Nobis, no way.  Nobis ought to be in the Hall of Fame and if he played worse on a better team he would be.  Instead, he languished his career here, doing his job with excellence.  He just has to be there.

Tuggle is more a heartstring thing, I grant, but he was simply outstanding during his time here.  I think maybe some recency bias is playing in for you, because honestly, there is no way Roddy was as beloved during his time here as Tuggle, and certainly not Nobis.  And while he was beloved and while he was great, he was no greater than either of them.  When people think of iconic Falcons, those 2 guys are always on the list.  And they always will be.

Brett Favre is better than Bart Starr.  But Starr is going on the Pack's Rushmore 10 times out of 10.

I don't think it's recency bias and that's actually that I'm just too young. I'm 34. I never watched Nobis. If you did, than I understand the emotional connection there. It's the same for me with Roddy. I've been watching the Falcons since the mid 90's. And there's not a player that I can remember that I personally rooted for more than White. But I also know that he isn't the "greatest" to play for this team. He's arguably not even better than Rison. I just look at it as a whole package deal. 

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Me either. I've said for a few years now that I think Julio actually is the greatest Falcon ever. Nothing has tarnished that for me. 

yeah i aint gonna let this trade situation take that away. Heck I was in the group that was screaming cut Roddy his first 3 years so ........................lol

1 hour ago, dirtybirds233 said:

Ryan - most impactful player in franchise history

Julio - greatest player in franchise history

Nobis - first ever draft pick that was an anchor for the defense for a decade

Tuggle - Iconic LB that spent 14 years here

/thread

Falcons' Mount Rushmore should only have the players who are/will be HOF's.

1. Prime
  2. Humphrey
  3. Julio
  4. Ryan

I've got lots of love for Nobis, Kenn, Tuggle, Abe, Andrews, Bartkowski, and Roddy; but I'm not sure any of them make it into the hall.

Just now, djbrough said:

..........................Andrews,..............................; but I'm not sure any of them make it into the hall.

No disrespect to anyone or their opinion, but really????

Mind you,  a few should be, and are, in the Falcons RoH, but we're talking about the Falcons Mt. Rushmore here!  Also, I agree with the HoF comment too, but with a caveat for Andrews.  I thought long about Prime too, but for the longest time, Prime identified as a Cowboy.