Falcons Rushmore

This one has been beat to death. But it's always fun to rehash it because I don't think there's a lock for any 4 players. It's always fun to see everyone's POV's and why. 

It's much easier to make a Rushmore by the decade...for instance, 2000's, I don't think anyone complains if it's Vick, Brooking, Crumpler, and Ryan. But even then, that's still debatable. 

For all time? I personally think there's 3 locks. Ryan, Julio, and Roddy. The 4th person, IMO, can't really be determined. But the 3 I mentioned? To me, they are locks. You can't not have them in your Rushmore. They are hands down the most productive players for the Franchise and easily brought the most success to it that it has ever seen. So to me, they are no brainers. But for the 4th person? You could make an argument for Sanders, Rison, Nobis, Andrews, Bart, Humphrey, Tuggle, Vick, Gonzalez, etc. 

So the question is, who is your 4th person? I'm going to say Tuggle. And the reason is he was highly productive his whole career, and was apart of 2 very famous/popular Falcons teams in Franchise history. The 91 team and the 98 Super Bowl team where he was 2nd team all pro. 

Who is your 4th person and why? 

25 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Ryan, Julio, Deion, Abe. Can only go with guys I watched, no disrespect to old people

Although Deion was the better player, I can't put him in front of Roddy. Roddy was equally productive but was apart of way more successful teams. Deion was only part of one playoff team in his 5 years with the team and they lost in the divisional round. Roddy was on 4 playoff teams, 2 first round byes, one of which he was 1st team all pro, and a conference championship game. His impact with the franchise is simply just far greater than Deion, as great as he was. 

1 minute ago, FentayeJones said:

Julio, Ryan, Tuggle, Roddy.

Deion feels more like a Cowboy or 49er to me.

How is that?

Prime only spent 1 season as a Niner. He spent 5 years each as a Falcon and Cowboy.

Deion became a superstar in Atlanta.

We all have questions when it comes to players like Deion and Vick.  But to me when you say their names, I think of them and their times as Falcons and what they did for the team and city.  Sooooo "MY" Falcons Rushmore would be:

Ryan, Deion, Julio, Tuggle

Nobis, Roddy, and Vick are close to the heart as well.

Nobis and Tuggle have to be on there.  Personally, I think Julio eclipsed everything Roddy ever did, so I would not include Roddy, though I do think his place in the ROH is well earned.  If we have 4 spots, honestly, Ryan, Tuggle, Nobis, and probably Morten.

Why Morten?  Because his foot sent us to our first Super Bowl.

Just now, KCFalcon22 said:

We all have questions when it comes to players like Deion and Vick.  But to me when you say their names, I think of them and their times as Falcons and what they did for the team and city.  Sooooo "MY" Falcons Rushmore would be:

Ryan, Deion, Julio, Tuggle

Nobis, Roddy, and Vick are close to the heart as well.

Culturally yes, Vick and Deion had HUGE impacts on the organization and city. They were fun to watch and instantly made the team more popular and attractive. But I challenge you on "what they did for the team" compared to Roddy White. I could see an argument for Vick, but not Deion. 

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

How is that?

Prime only spent 1 season as a Niner. He spent 5 years each as a Falcon and Cowboy.

Deion became a superstar in Atlanta.

That's why I said feel like more of a 49er to me. To me it feels like he's more associated with the teams he won SBs with. Maybe others feel differently. 

3 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

That's why I said feel like more of a 49er to me. To me it feels like he's more associated with the teams he won SBs with. Maybe others feel differently. 

Deion talks about the Falcons a lot til this day. He admits that he loves the Falcons franchise and wants them to win. He hasn't been much opinionated on any other team he's played for in recent years. Not even the Cowboys.

I remember him saying publically that Quinn had to go.

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

Nobis and Tuggle have to be on there.  Personally, I think Julio eclipsed everything Roddy ever did, so I would not include Roddy, though I do think his place in the ROH is well earned.  If we have 4 spots, honestly, Ryan, Tuggle, Nobis, and probably Morten.

Why Morten?  Because his foot sent us to our first Super Bowl.

To say he "eclipsed" everything Roddy did is a bit much. Production wise, yes, he did. But I don't think Julio had the same grit, fire, passion, etc. that makes fans absolutely adore you. Roddy to me, is a Falcon for life in his heart. Julio? I could see it being just more "business" with him. Maybe that's recency bias....but I just think Roddy had a bigger impact on the fanbase and even the team than Julio did. Roddy was always the guy on the sidelines fired up and cheering on his teammates. He was the first guy that would punch a Saints player in the face for a cheap shot on his teammate. 

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

To say he "eclipsed" everything Roddy did is a bit much. Production wise, yes, he did. But I don't think Julio had the same grit, fire, passion, etc. that makes fans absolutely adore you. Roddy to me, is a Falcon for life in his heart. Julio? I could see it being just more "business" with him. Maybe that's recency bias....but I just think Roddy had a bigger impact on the fanbase and even the team than Julio did. Roddy was always the guy on the sidelines fired up and cheering on his teammates. He was the first guy that would punch a Saints player in the face for a cheap shot on his teammate. 

For what it's worth, there's a reason I left Julio off too, but I feel like I'll eventually get over it.