So what WR do we draft in 2022?

10 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

For what? To be our 3rd option?

SB winning teams are not built by having a bunch of good WRs. You need one (We have one with Ridley) and then other reliable possession & slot guys. 

Pitts if he is as good as advertised is going to be our defacto #2.

Ridley may not be here much longer. You need a line of succession.

43 minutes ago, Malachore said:

TEs as in plural?

I only know of 1 that will be here in 2022.

You don't need two top tier TEs for the offense to work. This team has always had 2 to 3 number one receivers, but that's not necessary.

13 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Because its a passing league, and we won't go far with mediocre wrs

It's a passing league and we have two number one guys. Ridley and Pitts, but in a "passing league" I'm running the ball. That's what a passing league isn't prepared for. 

Dominance over uniformity.

4 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

It's a passing league and we have two number one guys. Ridley and Pitts, but in a "passing league" I'm running the ball. That's what a passing league isn't prepared for. 

Dominance over uniformity.

I dont disagree in principle, but you also have to have a road grading line and special talent in the backfield. 

13 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

He said why in his post. Offense runs through the run game and TEs so unless we move on from Ridley ASAP, or the value is great, it doesn't make sense to prioritize WR

Bigger question maybe what TE do we draft in 2022.

Hurst will be a no brainer not signed in my book for his age. 

19 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I think there is a good chance that we draft a WR high next season. Julio is gone and Ridley could be gone in a couple years. Peraonally I like Pickens for us, and not because he's a bulldog. 

Who you got?

WR translates differently in recent years but what we saw the last two years could still be an anomaly. I am a take what the draft gives you guy. For the love of god if we are terrible next year I hope it’s a defensive line heavy draft. We know about the Oregon stud. However early mocks that usually mean little outside of a broad view of talent are very offensive line heavy. If our future LT is early in the draft then don’t blame the messenger. 

Not knowing how this season will go and what needs will pop up, currently I’d hope the board falls so we can get a defensive line playmaker  in the first and a RB, WR and another defensive talent in the 2nd and 3rd. 

Let’s make hay with some early round not first round WR’s, while building our lines and D backfield.