So what WR do we draft in 2022?

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Tell me why a top tier WR would need to be drafted in an offense that features top tier TEs and the run game. 

Because we've lost Julio and may not want to pay Ridley. Got to have a legit wr. Also Hurst may well be gone. Id be happier with a top tier RB back but they just don't produce many of them these days.

12 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Tell me why a top tier WR would need to be drafted in an offense that features top tier TEs and the run game. 

No sense in answering a question with a question. He said that he think we will draft a WR with one of our first 3 picks. You said it would be stupid. I just ask why? If we got two picks Round 2, and one of them is there, why not? Nothing is promised right now. We may be great, we may suck.

59 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

No sense in answering a question with a question. He said that he think we will draft a WR with one of our first 3 picks. You said it would be stupid. I just ask why? If we got two picks Round 2, and one of them is there, why not? Nothing is promised right now. We may be great, we may suck.

Moving forward, TF will practice "Best player available" to fullest mark that he can.

59 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

He said why in his post. Offense runs through the run game and TEs so unless we move on from Ridley ASAP, or the value is great, it doesn't make sense to prioritize WR

3 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I think we take one with our first 3 picks. 

For what? To be our 3rd option?

SB winning teams are not built by having a bunch of good WRs. You need one (We have one with Ridley) and then other reliable possession & slot guys. 

Pitts if he is as good as advertised is going to be our defacto #2.

10 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

For what? To be our 3rd option?

SB winning teams are not built by having a bunch of good WRs. You need one (We have one with Ridley) and then other reliable possession & slot guys. 

Pitts if he is as good as advertised is going to be our defacto #2.

Boom.  I think TF will BPA from here on out.  For better or worse.  Calvin was drafted to fully replace Julio at some point.  That point is now.  Gage is our two.  We may yet being in someone else.  Who knows.  But this was always going to happen.  MR2's replacement is coming.  So is Jake's, so is Deion's etc.

4 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I think there is a good chance that we draft a WR high next season. Julio is gone and Ridley could be gone in a couple years. Peraonally I like Pickens for us, and not because he's a bulldog. 

Who you got?

I'm not sure of any prospects at the moment but I do think we use that 2nd Rd pick on either a WR or replacement for Hurst should we not resign him

5 minutes ago, Someday soon said:

Gage is in his final year of his contract too.  Good news is WR usually pretty deep in draft.  AJ Brown was drafted in the second round.  May want bigger WRs to block for running game. 

Gage will get overpaid by someone.  He's replaceable.  Calvin will get Franchised at some point.  The Falcons will BPA, the WR room will take care of itself.

I’d rather see the Falcons get more playmakers on the defensive side of the ball, than trying to find another WR in an attempt to match Julio’s production. Julio is a generational talent, but we learned that you can win big and lose big with a marquee receiver; you can also allot a huge amount of your cap space on such a player, and leave yourself too thin in many other areas. If WR is BPA when your pick is called, then yes, but this team needs to be able to benefit from a their defense instead of it always being a liability.