Going to be an Interesting year!

I’m usually one of the most optimistic guys on the boards when it comes to record predictions but I’m honestly not feeling it this year. Still, I think the schedule is favorable enough with us facing a lot of middling teams and a handful of the bottom dwellers in the league this year. 7-8 wins is probably what we end up at, but 9 wins is still possible. 10 only if Smith and Pees really maximize the current talent on the roster, because on paper its definitely a bit lacking. 

I do hope that since Smith is using some variation of the same verbage Shanny used (that DQ idiotically forced Sark and Koetter to learn) there won’t the typical two-year installation before the offense gets humming.

I also assume with all the pessimism it means we are actually going to win 11 games.  Remember the 0-16 predictions Ryan and Smitty’s first year when we pulled off 11-wins?  

38 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I just don't see the pessimism. Our biggest problem was coaching and we brought in one of the best offensive minds in the game. Even with **** coaching we were in position to have a 8-8 or 9-7 season last year. Our biggest problem on the OL, besides RG, was coach Morgan who is quite possibly the worst OL coach in the league.

Our deficiencies on defense were MUCH more the result of poor scheming than it was the players on the roster. So we went out and aquired a respectable D.C. 

To top it off we pulled a class of VERY good prospects in the draft. We even beefed up our ST considerably with a proven KR and a **** of a PR prospect.

We proved that we could compete with the best teams in the league last season' so again I just don't get the pessimism. Trying to predict a win/loss record after a coaching regime change is a fool's errand.

I agree that we have improved many parts and pieces.  The difficulty with becoming extremely optimistic is that we have not seen these changes working together.  I think we could get between 4 and 12 wins.  That is a broad range, but with as many changes as we endured, almost anything can happen.

2 minutes ago, NorthGaBoy said:

I agree that we have improved many parts and pieces.  The difficulty with becoming extremely optimistic is that we have not seen these changes working together.  I think we could get between 4 and 12 wins.  That is a broad range, but with as many changes as we endured, almost anything can happen.

I don’t personally think I would go as low as 4 wins or even 5 wins. We really should not have even ended last season with 4 wins. I know things change from season to season, but games against the Eagles, Jags, Lions, and Jets are very favorable and could be 4 wins right there. I wouldn’t be shocked if we dropped one of those, but we really shouldn’t. Then we would just have to win a couple of other games to get to 6 wins, which I think is the floor for this team. 

1 hour ago, TX Falcon said:

Got Cowboy fans asking me to bet on the game and if we lose I wear a Cowboy jersey!! LOL no thanks!! I'm a realistic Falcon fan! 

My neighbor is a packers fan. We made a bet on the NFC championship game in 2016. Loser had to show up on super bowl Sunday wearing their rivals hat, with a case of beer. He proudly rocked that Chicago bears hat with the tag still on. And he returned it the next day. Lol 

2 hours ago, TX Falcon said:

Falcons win/loss prediction by most media 6-11 for the year. I know its early. Ryan is 36 not getting any younger (arm strength not getting any stronger either). The OL is a mess and the defense is needs a major overhaul.  What is your prediction now that Julio is gone? I'm trying to be optimistic. Lets say 8-9 for this year

It's gonna be a great year! Excited!

In a 16 game season, this is a 6-10 to 7-9 team if the OL doesn't gel and Pees doesn't get as much out of the D as we hope.

If the OL comes together, and the RB group is passable...that's a couple wins.  If Pees gets the defense to get some pressure and close, that's a couple wins.

It's very easy to see how this team gets to 6 wins if things don't come together or 10 or 11 if they do.  I'd be surprised with anything outside of that.  Honestly, if we had a 2nd round WR and 4th round RB I'd bet on a winning season.  As it is, we have to have a couple unknowns step up.

2 hours ago, TX Falcon said:

Man!! I just don't see it but let's hope so!

2 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Might as well say 15-16 wins this season.. I mean if you're going to be delusional, be good at it

1 hour ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I’m usually one of the most optimistic guys on the boards when it comes to record predictions but I’m honestly not feeling it this year. Still, I think the schedule is favorable enough with us facing a lot of middling teams and a handful of the bottom dwellers in the league this year. 7-8 wins is probably what we end up at, but 9 wins is still possible. 10 only if Smith and Pees really maximize the current talent on the roster, because on paper its definitely a bit lacking. 

I'm going with 9 minimum. We face 8-9 teams that are throwing out rookie QBs or QBs in their first year with a new team and a couple QBs going into year 2.

And we can still bring in additional free agents now that we're under the cap.

3 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I think people are under estimating Smith and Pees here 

Yep. People are expecting the 2020 Atlanta Clown Show. What they're going to get is the AS version of the 2016 Buzz Saw that dissected the vaunted Green Bay Pukers.

It's going to be so much fun to watch the shock and bewilderment in the stands and on the field amidst all the Falcon asz-kickings to come.

2 hours ago, jidady said:

These threads are cracking me up.

Look, the Julio situation is like any other relationship.

You break up.

You find somebody new.

You stick them. Their stuff's tight, too.  You might even like it better.

Life keeps going. We'll be fine.

Ha true!

The thought of moving on is usually way worse than it ends up being (except greats QBs). 

?s C and LG I just don’t know on the offense.

Defensively pass rush and coverage of TEs and RBs if we are blitzing a lot you can bet the opposition is getting the ball out quick.

I mean double digit wins is possible but a lot needs to fall into place like in 08.

But I see the losers are at play calling,expecting the worse.I mean who thought in 08 that we’d win double digit games and make the playoffs.

We've got a devoted bunch on here who think there realists but really there just village idiots running there mouths.

6 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I just don't see the pessimism. Our biggest problem was coaching and we brought in one of the best offensive minds in the game. Even with **** coaching we were in position to have a 8-8 or 9-7 season last year. Our biggest problem on the OL, besides LG, was coach Morgan who is quite possibly the worst OL coach in the league.

Our deficiencies on defense were MUCH more the result of poor scheming than it was the players on the roster. So we went out and aquired a respectable D.C. 

To top it off we pulled a class of VERY good prospects in the draft. We even beefed up our ST considerably with a proven KR and a **** of a PR prospect.

We proved that we could compete with the best teams in the league last season' so again I just don't get the pessimism. Trying to predict a win/loss record after a coaching regime change is a fool's errand.

Exactly. But I'm not gonna waste my time dealing with people that rather see the Falcons lose so they can gloat. Anyone that looks at this without any already negative bias can see there's lots of reasons for optimism.

4 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Exactly. But I'm not gonna waste my time dealing with people that rather see the Falcons lose so they can gloat. Anyone that looks at this without any already negative bias can see there's lots of reasons for optimism.

My feelings exactly.  I dislike the label "homer" when being optimistic about our team.  Shouldn't we all technically be homers?  

If Dean Pees can squeeze out a middle of the pack defense, if Arthur Smith can get the Oline to gel and the running game going, we are at 9 to 10 wins.  As big a Goat **** as our staff was last year, if they could have done that we'd have been a playoff team.