Going to be an Interesting year!

Falcons win/loss prediction by most media 6-11 for the year. I know its early. Ryan is 36 not getting any younger (arm strength not getting any stronger either). The OL is a mess and the defense is needs a major overhaul.  What is your prediction now that Julio is gone? I'm trying to be optimistic. Lets say 8-9 for this year

2 minutes ago, TX Falcon said:

I said 8-9 so were in similar ranges

I said 5-11 all last year. I don’t think this team is good. But I do think the defense will be a little better because they won’t be doing the dumbest things ever as ordered by Dan Quinn. Play calling on offense should be better. Mike Davis will be better than Gurley. Julio departure won’t be as bad as people think. (Don’t believe he ever plays a full season again) Easier schedule are my reasons. 

Last year, the Falcons were 22 points away from being 10-6. We lost 6 games by a total of 16 points, and that was with Julio out for 7 games, and largely ineffective for another 3 games. Despite the coaching problems and injury problems, we were not too far off from being a respectable football team. That suggests that we have talent on the roster.

Under Dan Quinn, we had a lot of player personnel issues. There was the obvious problem with Julio's holdout in 2018. We also had some players who had really bad attitudes along the way, who we eventually parted ways with. I don't know if this was a Quinn specific issue, or if it was part of a greater problem with the teams' ownership. It would seem that TF and AS take a no-nonsense approach to personnel decisions. We shall see how that approach works out for us.

Smith seems to run a much better offensive scheme that Dirk Koetter ever has. If he is as good as his history suggests, he will improve upon our offense. Considering he is scheming with a top 5 QB, and an offensive line that had a lot of talent thrown at it in recent years, I could see the offense scoring 3-5 more points per game this season. If we manage to do that, we could easily be a 10 or 11 win team.

I have no idea what to expect from our defense this year. Our defenses have sucked for the vast majority of the past 20 years, so I'm not counting on things to improve markedly. If they do, we could make a deep playoff run. If not, I still think that the offense is capable of getting us 10 to 11 wins.

I just don't see the pessimism. Our biggest problem was coaching and we brought in one of the best offensive minds in the game. Even with **** coaching we were in position to have a 8-8 or 9-7 season last year. Our biggest problem on the OL, besides LG, was coach Morgan who is quite possibly the worst OL coach in the league.

Our deficiencies on defense were MUCH more the result of poor scheming than it was the players on the roster. So we went out and aquired a respectable D.C. 

To top it off we pulled a class of VERY good prospects in the draft. We even beefed up our ST considerably with a proven KR and a **** of a PR prospect.

We proved that we could compete with the best teams in the league last season' so again I just don't get the pessimism. Trying to predict a win/loss record after a coaching regime change is a fool's errand.

17 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I just don't see the pessimism. Our biggest problem was coaching and we brought in one of the best offensive minds in the game. Even with **** coaching we were in position to have a 8-8 or 9-7 season last year. Our biggest problem on the OL, besides RG, was coach Morgan who is quite possibly the worst OL coach in the league.

Our deficiencies on defense were MUCH more the result of poor scheming than it was the players on the roster. So we went out and aquired a respectable D.C. 

To top it off we pulled a class of VERY good prospects in the draft. We even beefed up our ST considerably with a proven KR and a **** of a PR prospect.

We proved that we could compete with the best teams in the league last season' so again I just don't get the pessimism. Trying to predict a win/loss record after a coaching regime change is a fool's errand.

The truth of the matter is that we were in position to be 12-4 last year and blew it. We are easily an 11 win team.

1 hour ago, TX Falcon said:

Falcons win/loss prediction by most media 6-11 for the year. I know its early. Ryan is 36 not getting any younger (arm strength not getting any stronger either). The OL is a mess and the defense is needs a major overhaul.  What is your prediction now that Julio is gone? I'm trying to be optimistic. Lets say 8-9 for this year

Lol Ryan is fine. Julio will be missed, but with a better OC and the other talent we should be fine. How is the online a mess? I get it questions at LG and C, but the other 3 spots are solid. Again with better OC/scheme and running game it helps. Plus better blocking TEs.

29 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I just don't see the pessimism. Our biggest problem was coaching and we brought in one of the best offensive minds in the game. Even with **** coaching we were in position to have a 8-8 or 9-7 season last year. Our biggest problem on the OL, besides RG, was coach Morgan who is quite possibly the worst OL coach in the league.

💯