So he's gone, who "tries" to take his place?

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

I love Kyle Pitts,, he will easily replace JJ. Ridley is our best WR now.. I see the glass half full. Not half empty.  The great draft and FAs picked up over rides the JJ saga by a long shot. This team now is the best all around Falcon team ever assembled.  Bank on it, you'll see.

You say this every year man...

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

I love Kyle Pitts,, he will easily replace JJ. Ridley is our best WR now.. I see the glass half full. Not half empty.  The great draft and FAs picked up over rides the JJ saga by a long shot. This team now is the best all around Falcon team ever assembled.  Bank on it, you'll see.

Ex-Lax May help.

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Kyle Pitts will essentially be our #2 option but Gage will man the WR#2 spot.

Kyle Pitts. Easy answer. The generational talent we added to the roster, to 2 other 1st round receiving threats in Ridley and Hurst for 2TE sets. Gage and friends will fight for snaps. I could see Ridley and Pitts outside with Hurst and Gage inside sometimes too... It’s not hopeless. We added a bonafied stud prospect and jettisoned a disgruntled stud who is on the downslope of his career.

Posted (edited)

Ryan's best years are the seasons he spread the ball around more.  I really hope to see this.

Not to beat a dead horse, but with Dirk gone, our passing game is much improved.  With a new RB corp, there can be hope we can have a respectable running game.  We are going to need a prolific offense in 2021 unless this defense surprises me in a big way.

Edited by NorthGaBoy

I think this bodes well for Hurst’s future. The 2 TE package will be more important for us now. Also am X factor could be Patterson. Rid as wr 1, gage #2, a fight for #3 between Darby and Patterson and of course the 2 TE’s. We’ll still have a dangerous offense. Especially if the run game is effective. We did lose the fear factor tho. Right now there’s nothing that strikes fear in opposing defenses. They respect Rid but he’ll have to prove that he can command those doubles, triples, and brackets. When he does that the sky will open for this offense. Especially when pitts puts it together. 

2 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

Ridley, Pitts, Gage, and Hurst will need to earn it. I’ll miss Julio, but I’m excited to see what the new coaching staff can do. I’d like to see a defensive piece being added to the mix. 

When you are tempted to miss JJ ,, just think about Kyle Pitts.. and you'll get well immediately .  It's hard to believe again.. JJ is teaming back up with " RB Brian Hill " As I said before ,, Glad that the Titians are my second team.. These two players makes me even a stronger fan than before ... Nice!   The only time I will not root for either player will be when they are playing the Falcons.

32 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I think this bodes well for Hurst’s future. The 2 TE package will be more important for us now. Also am X factor could be Patterson. Rid as wr 1, gage #2, a fight for #3 between Darby and Patterson and of course the 2 TE’s. We’ll still have a dangerous offense. Especially if the run game is effective. We did lose the fear factor tho. Right now there’s nothing that strikes fear in opposing defenses. They respect Rid but he’ll have to prove that he can command those doubles, triples, and brackets. When he does that the sky will open for this offense. Especially when pitts puts it together. 

16 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Hurst gets more targets, perhaps.

Hurst and Gage will both benefit. And let's not forget, Rid averaged 106 yards per game without Julio.

And this could leave some touches for Darby as well. 

2 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

So 14-2 and SB appearance since we are better than the ‘98 squad?

The genius of Arthur Smith is that he models his offense with the parts he has.  No one can actually replace Julio.  However, his numbers will be spread around to other pieces.  The fulcrum of this offense is Davis now.  If he can carry the load, make things happen, then our offense will achieve a certain level of equilibrium.  

3 hours ago, Falc_Fan_Since_Six said:

Obviously Ridley is now our #1, he was last year when Julio was out. What are peoples thoughts on who gets the spot on the WR roster? A guy we already have or do they go look for someone on the cheap?

Ridley or Pitts

1 hour ago, NorthGaBoy said:

Ryan's best years are the seasons he spread the ball around more.  I really hope to see this.

Not to beat a dead horse, but with Dirk gone, our passing game is much improved.  With a new RB corp, there can be hope we can have a respectable running game.  We are going to need a prolific offense in 2021 unless this defense surprises me in a big way.

Spreading the ball is the key.  Great point.

2 hours ago, Rings said:

I don’t care what players name you insert in here who is currently in the league, this has to be one of your worst takes.  No one easily replaces a guy who is 6’3” 220 and can play outside or run routes like a 5’10” 190 guy in the slot.  I’m overall happy with the compensation all said and done, and we will be fine on offense in the new scheme and I think Pitts will be amazing…but dude.  Just stop.  You don’t replace a HoF threat like that easily…especially with a rookie who has never taken a snap yet.

JJ is not the player he used to be.. if he was , we would not have gotten Pitts who is 6'6" , 235 lbs. If you think JJ  can out play Pitts now,, You are dreaming.. But hey,, I was JJs. biggest fan for years.. and I still wish him the best on my second team , The Titans ,,  I've now got two players on the Titians that I'm a fan of Jones and Hill. I'll root for them in every game except when they are playing us , the Falcons...  How ya like me now? :golfclap:

2 hours ago, Spongebob said:

I know what your saying, but he his not 2016 Julio. At this point in his career it's mostly veteran leadership, excellence, intangibles. He may have 1 to 2 solid years left if he stays healthy, look on every other teams message boards, they know this. Saints fans and panther fans are either surprised at our return or think it's fair but they don't have the emotional involvement. 

Honestly I said we should’ve traded him two years ago 

30 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Spreading the ball is the key.  Great point.

As things stand, we have two first-round TEs and a first-round WR plus Gage, who played out of his mind last year. Throw in Mike Davis, and we've got more weapons than we know what to do with already. And I like the rest of our WR room, too.

The place we'll miss Julio the most is downfield blocking.