So he's gone, who "tries" to take his place?

1 minute ago, Falc_Fan_Since_Six said:

Obviously Ridley is now our #1, he was last year when Julio was out. What are peoples thoughts on who gets the spot on the WR roster? A guy we already have or do they go look for someone on the cheap?

Right now, I think it's Gage. 

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Kyle Pitts will essentially be our #2 option but Gage will man the WR#2 spot.

I love Kyle Pitts,, he will easily replace JJ. Ridley is our best WR now.. I see the glass half full. Not half empty.  The great draft and FAs picked up over rides the JJ saga by a long shot. This team now is the best all around Falcon team ever assembled.  Bank on it, you'll see.

12 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I love Kyle Pitts,, he will easily replace JJ. Ridley is our best WR now.. I see the glass half full. Not half empty.  The great draft and FAs picked up over rides the JJ saga by a long shot. This team now is the best all around Falcon team ever assembled.  Bank on it, you'll see.

I don’t care what players name you insert in here who is currently in the league, this has to be one of your worst takes.  No one easily replaces a guy who is 6’3” 220 and can play outside or run routes like a 5’10” 190 guy in the slot.  I’m overall happy with the compensation all said and done, and we will be fine on offense in the new scheme and I think Pitts will be amazing…but dude.  Just stop.  You don’t replace a HoF threat like that easily…especially with a rookie who has never taken a snap yet.

I don't think one player can replace Julio even if there was one player out there that could replace him the Flacons couldn't afford him. 

However we might be able to replicate him in the aggregate we need to find 3 players that caught 17 passes for 257 yards and 1 touch down last year.... 

45 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Like how you banked on Brian Hill? 

5 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

It’s not his TDs your replacing. It’s a lot more complicated👊

I know what your saying, but he his not 2016 Julio. At this point in his career it's mostly veteran leadership, excellence, intangibles. He may have 1 to 2 solid years left if he stays healthy, look on every other teams message boards, they know this. Saints fans and panther fans are either surprised at our return or think it's fair but they don't have the emotional involvement. 

If this is similar to Tennessee's offense then #2 WR won't matter! This team will be running on 1st & 2nd down the hope to complete a pass on 3rd to keep the drive going ! Just like the old Titan offense

2 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

I really hope they dont ride Pitts too hard too soon.. Give the man time to develop and Ryan wont be his qb his entire career.. Allow Pitts time to adjust to the league and build a relationship with whoever takes over for Ryan.. 2 to 3 years from now we should be able to compete 

Too bad we don't have a QB on the roster to develop as Ryan gets older!

2 minutes ago, Falc_Fan_Since_Six said:

Of course he can't be replaced. My thought was more where they might go. They still have very little extra money, if any to spend but I saw one site that mentioned a veteran like Golden Tate and it just got me thinking in general about our WR corp.

Sounds good but give me your pitch to bring Golden Tate to the falcons team.......... We are building a winner for 2 or 3 years down the road and we would like you to help! Good luck with that one 😁

Probably more of a scheme replacement as opposed to a single player replacement. With a focus on running the ball, more tight end usage, involving the running backs more into the short passing game and multiple ways of using Patterson along with whoever the third and fourth receivers are.