The Julio is traded thread

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

I think Titans were on Julio's radar because they've been pretty good the last 2 seasons and Nashville isn't that far from his home in Atlanta.

Does he have kids? Displacing them is the hardest part of moving. It’s why Dimitroff took a year off before jumping back in to the GM business.

Well ****, thought when the Julio trade happened way back when, him and Ryan would have a trophy or 2. Wholio and Ryan got them as close as you can get to a SBC without winning it once, 3 NFC Championship game appearances, lots of great games, as good as that is, I'd trade it all for one Super Bowl championship.

Just now, insight said:

The could have traded him and completed the transaction in June.  Why do you think there was so much speculation about Julio getting traded on draft night if it was not possible? 

The assets don’t move until June. They couldn’t have acquired picks for 2021 draft on a trade not executed until June (when said assets would no longer exist). Period. It’s not legal lol

Just now, insight said:

The could have traded him and completed the transaction in June.  Why do you think there was so much speculation about Julio getting traded on draft night if it was not possible? 

There is no post June 1 designation for trade. Falcons wouldn’t have gotten 2nd round pick in the 2021 draft. 

10 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Incorrect read the clause again.

All we had to do was come in agreement with teams prior draft and got the actual deal done post June 1 to get higher value that's what I'm saying 

They’ve been negotiating since before the draft. This has been going on for months.

6 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

I see this playing out for Tennessee how it played out for us when we got Tony G.  This is pretty major for them.  Essentially their offense is stigitty stacked.   Wanna load the box against Henry?  Oh okay not only do we have one freakish receiver to throw the ball to in single coverage, but now we have one of the greatest WR of all time to throw the ball too.  It just so happens that he’s a freakish specimen as well.  

They’re full of specimen in that offense now.  SPECIMEN!

They lost Smith and their QB is still Tannehill… if anything they are maybe 80% of their AFC run.

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

No wonder we was losing. Our backbone was on the sidelines 33% of his career.

But he delivered in 2016 Superbowl run dont forget to watch the tape again.

This man single handedly got us few mins close  to Lombardi and all we needed was FG after that GODLY CATCH on sidelines.

I think his heart was made up after that collapse...that he's done.  Never saw the same Julio after consistently.

7 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

I see this playing out for Tennessee how it played out for us when we got Tony G.  This is pretty major for them.  Essentially their offense is stigitty stacked.   Wanna load the box against Henry?  Oh okay not only do we have one freakish receiver to throw the ball to in single coverage, but now we have one of the greatest WR of all time to throw the ball too.  It just so happens that he’s a freakish specimen as well.  

They’re full of specimen in that offense now.  SPECIMEN!

Depends on who is calling the plays

15 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Pitts is gonna have a lot of pressure to perform this year. Fans were already placing unrealistic expectations for him before the Julio trade. 

don't really look at it that way - fans aren't really party to the expectations that matter - which are the player's expectations for himself and the team/coaching staff.

If Pitts is healthy, he will have a decent rookie year - Julio Jones wasn't "Julio Jones SUPERSTAR" his rook year either.   #frankiesaysrelax

1 minute ago, insight said:

There was speculation about the 2022 draft. I can find it if you need me to