Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Highway Robbery at its finest. I don't want to hear anything about the cap, this is a terrible trade & Fontenot will regret this.

This trade is a huge win for the falcons. Let that settle in man. That's all that matters

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yeah...............it doesn't work that way. Might want to plan that out again

Dunno.. I've never been unemployed. But my wife was gonna quit after my 1st was born, but we caught wind of her bank being bought out so she stayed on til then. They laid her off with severence and I swear she got unemployment for like 2 years. This was at the financial crisis in 2008 or something, so maybe that played a part. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mister pudding said:

Dunno.. I've never been unemployed. But my wife was gonna quit after my 1st was born, but we caught wind of her bank being bought out so she stayed on til then. They laid her off with severence and I swear she got unemployment for like 2 years. This was at the financial crisis in 2008 or something, so maybe that played a part. 

Don't know about 13 years ago but there's  a limit on it now. I'd have to log on to see what it is.  You can ask for an extension but if you're offered a job in between, you gotta take it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Dunno.. I've never been unemployed. But my wife was gonna quit after my 1st was born, but we caught wind of her bank being bought out so she stayed on til then. They laid her off with severence and I swear she got unemployment for like 2 years. This was at the financial crisis in 2008 or something, so maybe that played a part. 

It also depends where you live but here's an example for Georgia. Of course I was filing last year. I didn't have to worry about searching because I'm employed. If I'm not mistaken, anyone who's actually unemployed has to provide proof that they are looking for a job outside of the DOL

Screenshot-20210609-144037.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Don't know about 13 years ago but there's  a limit on it now. I'd have to log on to see what it is.  You can ask for an extension but if you're offered a job in between, you gotta take it. 

Correct. You have to show proof that you’re actively looking for a job to continue to receive unemployment and if you are offered a job you have to take it or they cancel your unemployment. What made so many people disgruntled with the government is during this pandemic they waived those requirements. You can just apply and receive unemployment without having to do the other parts. I don’t know if that’s still being waived at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, like a lot of fans I have mixed feelings about the trade. He was great for us though he always had to deal with nagging injuries. His "Catch" should have clinched a SB for us. But it was time to move on. I just wish Sharpe didn't do him dirty. Makes him leave on a bit of a sour note. But if he doesn't want to be here....we need to root for the guys who are.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://youtu.be/h3trOlpAEuY
 

Skip to 6:43 and see what I already knew. The reason he set up the call with Shannon live on TV is because he was offended the Falcons were shopping him. Kill the noise that he forced his way out because he is chasing rings. He seen the writing on the wall and wanted to leave on his own terms. Falcons don’t deserve him 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

https://youtu.be/h3trOlpAEuY
 

Skip to 6:43 and see what I already knew. The reason he set up the call with Shannon live on TV is because he was offended the Falcons were shopping him. Kill the noise that he forced his way out because he is chasing rings. He seen the writing on the wall and wanted to leave on his own terms. Falcons don’t deserve him 

Don't deserve him?.... really?...they didn't want him, his salary, nor the injuries. Y'all need to quit with the talk about who deserves what ish....he didn't deserve 22mil/yr after last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

https://youtu.be/h3trOlpAEuY
 

Skip to 6:43 and see what I already knew. The reason he set up the call with Shannon live on TV is because he was offended the Falcons were shopping him. Kill the noise that he forced his way out because he is chasing rings. He seen the writing on the wall and wanted to leave on his own terms. Falcons don’t deserve him 

None of that is at that mark. You're really reaching here, but believe whatever you want to believe; just don't post a video that says none of those things as your "proof"

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Don't know about 13 years ago but there's  a limit on it now. I'd have to log on to see what it is.  You can ask for an extension but if you're offered a job in between, you gotta take it. 

Yes, you have to take it.  I was laid off by a computer company in the late 70's.  I took unemployment while looking for a job.  Radio Shack offered me a job.  I was a highly trained computer engineer and the unemployment office wanted me to work at Radio Shack.  They really did not understand the difference.  I decided to reject the Radio Shack job offer and drop unemployment.  Fortunately, I found a job within a couple of months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Alert....Alert.....You have 10 minutes to abort this thread and return to normal 

Alert.... Alert....this is your final warning!!!

In other words...get the **** out of here and discuss something else

 

 

 

Post says it was made 42 minutes ago :ninja:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hjerry said:

None of that is at that mark. You're really reaching here, but believe whatever you want to believe; just don't post a video that says none of those things as your "proof"

Shannon Sharpe clearly said his pride was hurt and he will leave it at that. This is the same guy that called him on live television to which Julio said he’s outta there. They clearly have had personal talks about it. If you can’t see that then idk what to tell you. Gotta read between the lines. Julio isn’t gonna come out and bash the franchise but just out 2 and 2 together 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Williamb said:

Don't deserve him?.... really?...they didn't want him, his salary, nor the injuries. Y'all need to quit with the talk about who deserves what ish....he didn't deserve 22mil/yr after last year.

Just don’t expect players to take a discount when they ball out if players don’t deserve the contract once they don’t live play to the standards of some. Funny how only the players are expected to honor a contract and the average fan doesn’t  bat an eye when a team weasels its way out of the deal they also agreed to 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nino11 said:

Just don’t expect players to take a discount when they ball out if players don’t deserve the contract once they don’t live play to the standards of some. Funny how only the players are expected to honor a contract and the average fan doesn’t  bat an eye when a team weasels its way out of the deal they also agreed to 

When Julio asked for more money the Falcons gave it to him. The Falcons did nothing but kiss Julio's *** for 10 years!! Jesus Christ I'm so sick of hearing how the Falcons did Julio so wrong. That's ********. Bull ******* **** and thank God the situation is finally over! The ******* Julio Jones *** kissing by some of the "fans" here is pathetic!!!! Either support the team without Julio or go become Titans fans!!! Selah!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nino11 said:

Shannon Sharpe clearly said his pride was hurt and he will leave it at that. This is the same guy that called him on live television to which Julio said he’s outta there. They clearly have had personal talks about it. If you can’t see that then idk what to tell you. Gotta read between the lines. Julio isn’t gonna come out and bash the franchise but just out 2 and 2 together 

I wouldn't stick my chest out too hard based on what Shannon said. For all you know he did not get those words directly from Julio and was talking about how players feel in general. 

With that said, there have been too many rumors to sit back and narrow it down to what Shannon said. There has been that rumor, there is the rumor that the relationship soured after Quinn was fired. It was stated that Smith knew Julio wanted out before he accepted the job. There's the rumor that he has wanted out for years. All the Shannon said what I already knew talk that you came in with, yeah you don't know. Nobody here knows. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nino11 said:

Just don’t expect players to take a discount when they ball out if players don’t deserve the contract once they don’t live play to the standards of some. Funny how only the players are expected to honor a contract and the average fan doesn’t  bat an eye when a team weasels its way out of the deal they also agreed to 

At what point am I supposed to feel sorry for a 32y/o multimillionaire with a guaranteed contract? These guys make more money in one year than you will in a lifetime, stop feeling sorry for people who know what the contract says when they signed it. They should be able to read, they got free college education too!

Of course, most that consider themselves superstars aren't living up to their college contracts either. Through transfer portal or entering draft early, they're leaving their signing college high and dry. So they're learning that contracts mean nothing early.

See, even by trading julio, they were succumbing to his wishes. They could have said nope, you're staying here(on the bench). When he decided he would hold out, they could fine him and get their money back. He got what he wanted all the way up to the g6 to nashville.

Edited by Williamb
Addition
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...