The Julio is traded thread

On 6/7/2021 at 9:48 AM, youngbloodz said:

Well Jerry Rice is the one that put him in that category. And I would think Jerry knows a thing or two about what it takes to be a great WR

Well Jerry is a class act and will always speak well of others. My only issues with Julio is his low TD total and his high occurrences of the dropsies. I’m guessing the TD total is a combination of Julio’s inability to shake defenders and get open in the end zone, Matt’s inability to find him and execute a pass, and overall offensive scheme and play calling over 10 years and several different coordinators, one of which served two terms and proved to be pure trash. It just baffles me that we had a receiver of his caliber and he wasn’t target #1 on every play in the red zone. It does seem to me that whenever they tried the post jump ball to Julio that Matt could not throw a good ball to him. 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

I wasn't mad. Was definitely caught off guard. I still won't believe the rumors though. There's too many different ones. I'm sure at least one is true but lord knows which one it is. 

At the end of the day, this is a roster that clearly wasn't held accountable from the top down. The new regime sent a strong message in trading away the best player on the team. Nobody should be feeling safe right now. AS said "lose the entitlement" and he's following through on it. 

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

At the end of the day, this is a roster that clearly wasn't held accountable from the top down. The new regime sent a strong message in trading away the best player on the team. Nobody should be feeling safe right now. AS said "lose the entitlement" and he's following through on it. 

and im here for it

13 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

11 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

and im here for it

What this guy said^^

11 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Just a tidbit of info. To asbosrb julios contract tannehill restructured to free up 15 mil in cap.. Not he's a cap hit of 40 mill the next two years 😬😬😬 Ryan frigging tannehill 

PFF had him at 90.3 for last year. I'm saying that because it shows what we can expect from Matt Ryan with Arthur Smith calling the plays.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Skott Lee said:

Well Jerry is a class act and will always speak well of others. My only issues with Julio is his low TD total and his high occurrences of the dropsies. I’m guessing the TD total is a combination of Julio’s inability to shake defenders and get open in the end zone, Matt’s inability to find him and execute a pass, and overall offensive scheme and play calling over 10 years and several different coordinators, one of which served two terms and proved to be pure trash. It just baffles me that we had a receiver of his caliber and he wasn’t target #1 on every play in the red zone. It does seem to me that whenever they tried the post jump ball to Julio that Matt could not throw a good ball to him. 

When I watch Julio in the redzone the #1 thing i've noticed is that he starts too fast.  You watch Ridley and other receivers who are good in the redzone, they start their routes kind of slow then hit a quick burst to get open or give a quick hesitation move.  Julio just runs right into the coverage and there's nowhere to go.  Julio is the best in the league, maybe ever, at breaking off his routes in the open field where defenders have to respect his long speed.  That doesn't work in the redzone because defenders are playing underneath.  I remember watching Randy Moss who would just kind of jog into the endzone and get his numbers to the qb and just kind of drift into a pocket.  I think certain players just have a natural knack for it.  If you remember in that Eagles playoff game on the last play it was designed for Julio.  Julio took off and lost his balance and fell down then got back up and Ryan still hit him in the hands but he didn't have control of his body and couldn't pull it down.

I've noticed he does the same thing with the ball in his hands.  When he catches a screen pass he runs full throttle right at the defender.  I remember watching Dez Bryant who was also kind of big but he'd kind of slow down and try to put a move or just use his arm length to hold defenders off and still be able to maintain balance and fight his way in to the endzone.  Julio runs full speed and often trips over the defender after running him over or gets tripped up because he's not maintaining his balance.  I've seen Julio fall down at the 1 yard line a lot.

Edited by abcranford2

2 hours ago, 40milesN said:

That's gonna leave a mark.

leaveamark.png

Funny reading these post. Last year you guys would have fought somebody if they said Julio wasn't the best receiver in the game. Now he's old,he's always injured, he can't catch .... You guys don't want to remember the unbelievable catch that should have want us a super bowl , yet when our new coach, who hasn't coached one game yet, makes a smart remark about Julio he's y'all's hero . My favorite football player is deion Sanders. He left us to go to a division rival , yet I could never remember this much hate for him as y'all have for #11 ... And deion Sanders never took us to a super bowl. Just remember.. you reap what you sow

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

And I believe that also sent a message to Blank.. I seriously doubt you will hear any more Falcon for life talk while this administration is in town

5 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Funny reading these post. Last year you guys would have fought somebody if they said Julio wasn't the best receiver in the game. Now he's old,he's always injured, he can't catch .... You guys don't want to remember the unbelievable catch that should have want us a super bowl , yet when our new coach, who hasn't coached one game yet, makes a smart remark about Julio he's y'all's hero . My favorite football player is deion Sanders. He left us to go to a division rival , yet I could never remember this much hate for him as y'all have for #11 ... And deion Sanders never took us to a super bowl. Just remember.. you reap what you sow

On 6/6/2021 at 8:03 PM, SavedByGrace1221 said:

You never stop .... 

^^