The Julio is traded thread

6 minutes ago, ROMERO said:

Im loving Coach Smith. No BS responses just straight to the point. 

Absolutely. Of course we got some salty comments in that thread about how those comments are disrespectful towards Julio but that's not how I take them. I take them as "I'm confident in my abilities and the players that I've got in that locker room."

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

As a former player injuries are no excuse. If he was healthy enough to play I promise he expected to play at his standards. He wasn’t hurt in 2010 and we got crushed in 2010 and in 2011 he wasn’t hurt and we scored 2 points in a playoff game. But this isn’t about Ryan. We getting off topic

I don't think it's off topic at all.  The idea that you take a 3 year period that includes the one year where he was hurt most of the season as evidence that we ought to trade 5 picks for a WR needs a little more fleshing out than all that.

Look at how well Ryan has done since in those years Julio wasn't available.  Mainly that's 2013 and last year.  Ryan had 4500 yards, 67% completion and 26 TDs over 17 INTs in 2013.  Not great on the TD/INT numbers, but otherwise a solid season.  Last year he had 4500 yards, 26 TDs over 11 INTs.  A good year.  Now, we lost both those seasons, so one could say "yeah, we lose without Julio."  The problem with that is we also lost in 2014, 2018 and 2019.  With Julio.  2019 was the only one of those seasons Julio put up less than 1500 yards.  None of those seasons did he put up less than 6 TDs.

Julio Jones simply is not the sine qua non for wins for this football team.  He wasn't in 2011, he hasn't been since 2011, and he isn't now.  Trading 5 picks for him was a bad decision.

6 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Absolutely. Of course we got some salty comments in that thread about how those comments are disrespectful towards Julio but that's not how I take them. I take them as "I'm confident in my abilities and the players that I've got in that locker room."

Bingo