Jump to content

The Julio is traded thread


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

I'm looking for the team to be more fundamentally balanced.  I really hate that other teams knew what we were going to do.  Hopefully we are now more balanced, and maybe even unpredictable.  

BINGO!!! That is why I think the Falcons offense will ultimately be just fine without Julio.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

This right here is why I just despise this clown:

"When you give away Julio Jones so you have cap space to sign rookies (and don't get me started on the Falcons' draft record the last five years or so), yeah, you are rebuilding. But doing it half-assed, backwards, the wrong way."

So he blames the prior regime for drafting poorly, and blames the current regime for moving on from Julio, who requested a trade, and pretends the only reason we traded Julio is because we need cap space.  No mention of Julio requesting the trade BECAUSE OF how the prior regime handled him and his money.  No mention of the fact that we fired the prior regime in part because their drafts were horribly laughable.  No mention of the fact that we fired the coach because we lost a bunch of games we should have won.

No, he has a narrative, and he's not going to let facts get in the way of it.  He's a liar, a charlatan, and a fool.  He is not worthy of your attention.

 

Look At My Hands Man GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

🤣 I do like to see people win money though. Only on TV game shows

What about the show Deal or no deal.  I have a hard time watching people risking money they should clearly take.  It's one thing if you can afford it but people risking 6 figure sums when they clearly can't afford getting zilch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Someday soon said:

What about the show Deal or no deal.  I have a hard time watching people risking money they should clearly take.  It's one thing if you can afford it but people risking 6 figure sums when they clearly can't afford getting zilch. 

I like the extra edge that it adds. Then when they risk it all and lose it you get to call them an idiot for not taking $275k

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

@ya_boi_jwhy did this get merged here? The headline mentions Julio, but the article is about all kinds of falcon-related topics.

basically la canfora hates everything we’ve done for years. Thankfully he’s an idiot. But I’m afraid maybe one or 2 of his points might have some truth to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JDaveG said:

How so? Julio went to a team that just lost its OC.  Now, the last time that happened they ended up improving the offense, but is anyone thinking lightning is going to strike twice there? The main reason they were so efficient the last two years is gone, and we have him on our team now.

Julio doesn't get any more money.  If anything, this makes it less likely he ever will.  If he doesn't play well, they won't extend him.  If he does, and pulls her diva move to force an extension, they can cut him and all they owe is his remaining guaranteed salary -- $2 million.  The Titans can easily move on from him, and they don't have to extend him.  They can legit say "you are ours for two more seasons, so you play for your $11 million per, or take a hike."

How did he win this?  If anything, the Titans won, but I honestly think it's a win for both teams.  We got rid of a malcontent and cleared a ton of cap while getting a 2nd round pick next year and upgrading a 6th to a 4th the year after.  They got a guy they think can help their team, and it's entirely possible the change of scenery motivates him to do better.  They risk very little and get a generational superstar.

What did Julio get that he didn't already have other than a new uniform?

And the Titans defense was worse than the Falcons last year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

@ya_boi_jwhy did this get merged here? The headline mentions Julio, but the article is about all kinds of falcon-related topics.

basically la canfora hates everything we’ve done for years. Thankfully he’s an idiot. But I’m afraid maybe one or 2 of his points might have some truth to them.

Sorry. I would have known that if you had copy/pasted the article itself and not just the link. Link screams another Julio thread. Happens when over 30 Julio threads are made within a 24 hour span. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

This is going to sound worse than what it is but honestly, should we actually care how him or any player feels after they get traded after they stated they wanted to be traded?

Nope!!! I don't care if Julio is happy with the Titans or not. The Falcons are my only concern.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Dam bro idk what to say Julio.. the organization did what he asked but because they didn’t essentially give him a blank check on the spot he started to have a problem with the team

Also interesting that Quinn getting fired further fractured his relationship with the team, given that he said he wants to win.. maybe there is some truth to Julio not wanting to be held to the same standard as everyone else and having to practice etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

And the Titans defense was worse than the Falcons last year.

As was their Oline.

Some of that was injury so it may be better but they still had issues pass protecting.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if HD will ever share what the bad blood was. Because even after reading the Breer article (which is fantastic btw), I still don't understand what had Julio upset considering he was given everything he asked for. It certainly wasn't 'winning', considering this all started right after a season that saw us in the playoffs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

When it comes to merch and collectors stuff, i wouldn't get rid of it. That's alot of money invested just to toss unless it's years later. Heck, I have alot of jersey "autographed" cards that I've bought over the years that i know I'm not throwing away now that he's traded. 

Just like my Julio poster and plaque aren't going anywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

 

So Shannon says he talked to Julio and followed it up by saying Julio’s pride was damaged when he heard he would be available to be traded for.. but another report that came out yesterday said Julio wasn’t even responding to Smith reaching out when he first became coach and reached out to the players. And then the report above about it being 2 years in the making etc..

Guess we may never know the true story of how this all went down 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

So Shannon says he talked to Julio and followed it up by saying Julio’s pride was damaged when he heard he would be available to be traded for.. but another report that came out yesterday said Julio wasn’t even responding to Smith reaching out when he first became coach and reached out to the players. And then the report above about it being 2 years in the making etc..

Guess we may never know the true story of how this all went down 

Either way it honestly is not a good look for Julio.

Everything that is coming out shows up the Falcons did pretty much everything they could to appease him.

They kept giving him raises when quite frankly a lot of other franchises would not.

I mean players want to say that is a business and they're going to get the money that they want....but then "it's a business" door swings both ways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Either way it honestly is not a good look for Julio.

Everything that is coming out shows up the Falcons did pretty much everything they could to appease him.

They kept giving him raises when quite frankly a lot of other franchises would not.

I mean players want to say that is a business and they're going to get the money that they want....but then "it's a business" door swings both ways.

Thing is, and we will probably never know, did he ask for trade or release before they gave him those raises? *IF* he actually asked to be moved during that time, no, they did not do everything they could to appease him. 

This is the one story that we as fans do not know the full story to and most likely never will

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Thing is, and we will probably never know, did he ask for trade or release before they gave him those raises? *IF* he actually asked to be moved during that time, no, they did not do everything they could to appease him. 

This is the one story that we as fans do not know the full story to and most likely never will

Well according to the SI article.

He asked to be traded if the Falcons were not going to pony up the money.

They did.

If he was so unhappy then he should not have signed the deal.

Had he not signed it then he would have been a free agent this year and he could have picked the team that he wanted to go to.

So yeah..... It's on him if he was not happy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...