The Julio is traded thread

1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

I think future players getting re-signed will be a question of what they put on the field and the chemistry they bring to the locker room.

Speaking of locker room, why is it called a locker room in football and a clubhouse in baseball? Hmmm ūüėú

Why is it call a manger in baseball and a head coach in football?

13 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

TBH we needed cap so badly that a 2nd instead of a 1st (which with TEN being TEN could be almost a 1st) + the cap relief is worth it. 

Absolutely.  Unless Julio completely regenerates, and plays out of his mind for the next few years, we did really well.  

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

So, how long until we get a 30 for 30 on the 2016 team and the collapse following that Super Bowl loss? Maybe that's when we get to hear Julio's side instead of rumors only

It all depends on where Julio is at in his life when that time comes.

If all we know he could go all Kwame Brown on the Falcons lol.

Seriously though, he'd probably just focus more on the positive side of his Falcons tenure and probably just say that he and the Falcon front office just didn't see eye to eye on some things.

Just now, youngbloodz said:

Yep and in baseball 

Absolutely.  Baseball has farm systems and means to stash entire teams.  NFL does not really have that.  Rebuilding gets you fired.  One can change directions, add and subtract, but really there is no way to rebuild.  Money alone dictates that.

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

It all depends on where Julio is at in his life when that time comes.

If all we know he could go all Kwame Brown on the Falcons lol.

Seriously though, he'd probably just focus more on the positive side of his Falcons tenure and probably just say that he and the Falcon front office just didn't see eye to eye on some things.

Him going full Kwame Brown on TD, Quinn, Dirk, whoever else would really make my day. I would actually buy that DVD to own and pass down to my grand kids if I ever have any

6 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

If we meet them in the Super Bowl and he's on the team, I hope he goes 0 for 0 with 0 TDs.

I'l probably root for him in the Super Bowl if we aren't there, but against us?  I hope he sits on the sideline the whole game crying about his money.

I hope the Titans suck until we get past our draft picks.

6 minutes ago, shc said:

As I mentioned in the other thread, karma would be a falcons Titans Super Bowl and falcons win. 

I think that’s a little much to ask.  What would be funny is if we pound Jacksonville Week 18 to earn a playoff spot, while the JAX loss messes up Tennessee’s strength of schedule enough that they miss on a tiebreaker

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Him going full Kwame Brown on TD, Quinn, Dirk, whoever else would really make my day. I would actually buy that DVD to own and pass down to my grand kids if I ever have any

Who-lio tell all hit list:

1. Dirk Koetter

2. Quinn

3. TD

4. Shanny

5. Marshon Lattimore

He'll also apologize to the Panthers DBs he got fired and say "He isn't perfect".

20 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I get what you're saying but 1 thing I can never do is blame a man for another man's actions. Whether we want to admit to it or not, we all have a characteristic deep down that other people don't like. The real Julio(if he actually said any of these things) just caught people off guard because he was looked at as a saint for whatever reason. 

No I'm not in any way blaming Terrell Owens, I'm blaming Julio. We've all been there sometimes, having the devil in your ear telling you how great you are and it's everybody else's fault, for whatever.  (If you had a better QB you would get more TD's, if he threw a better deep ball you would have more chances) 

22 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

This is going to sound worse than what it is but honestly, should we actually care how him or any player feels after they get traded after they stated they wanted to be traded?

Nope, he's no longer a Falcon / dead to me. 

20 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

I think that’s a little much to ask.  What would be funny is if we pound Jacksonville Week 18 to earn a playoff spot, while the JAX loss messes up Tennessee’s strength of schedule enough that they miss on a tiebreaker

We play the jags around week 10 though. 

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

There’s no true rebuild in the nfl. Coaches and GM’s don’t get that long.

I'm not saying go the Miami route since they've decided Ryan is more than bridging a gap.  But I use them because I watched a culture change with their "rebuild.". Days should be long gone where 3-4 players soak up the entire cap with middling results.  Also..you don't want to be a Falcon...you don't buy in...see ya.

I like that TF is thinking short and long term.  He inherited a mess.  He would have been more than justified in ripping the bandage off.  Julio is a start.

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

He needs to explain how we possibly could have did that cap wise. The answer is we couldn't have

Yeah but it was the easy, lazy take that makes him appear to be provocative and cutting edge. He is a joke. 

"Julio Jones will always be part of the Falcons story, having set numerous records and creating many great memories for all our fans, including me, since the day we drafted him," Falcons owner Arthur Blank said in a statement. "He has been a fixture on our team for almost half the time I have owned the Falcons. As we both move in another direction, I'm deeply grateful for what Julio has done for our team and what he has meant to our city and, in my mind, he will always be part of the Falcons family. I wish him nothing but the best in Tennessee and throughout his life."

I feel like Arthur was probably a little irked at Julio’s stance after the last negotiation. Probably even more so after the interview. I know sometimes it feels like he meddles a little too much w football operations but I still appreciate his maturity and steadfast resolve to winning one for Atlanta. This was a gentleman’s response in a situation where one could easily have handled it differently. I wish Julio the best, besides winning one if it against us, but I really hope we can win one for Arthur because he’s one of the best owners in the league. 

36 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Absolutely.  Unless Julio completely regenerates, and plays out of his mind for the next few years, we did really well.  

Even if he does, Falcons still win.  They got rid of a malcontent, freed up cap space this year and next, got extra draft capital and established this is TF's and AS's team.

9 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

I feel the same way. I literally cried when we finally cut Roddy, which is completely silly but I felt that connection with him. I'm just bummed that we won't see Julio on the field with Calvin and Pitts. Other than that, I don't feel any sentimental connection to Julio which is crazy for a player that is undoubtedly the best receiver to every play here and one of the best of all. Roddy White is my favorite player of all time and yeah some of its the on field stuff but it's more about how he embraced the team and the fans. 

Right.  I think everybody wanted to see Julio/Pitts/Ridley.  That would’ve been a blast to witness, but that’s really as far as my disappointment goes with losing Julio.