The Julio is traded thread

2 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

They took on his contract too, I’m good with it 

We still have $7.75m in dead money this year and $15m in dead money next year because there’s $22.75m we've already paid Julio up front in guaranteed “bonus” which was spread across years through 2022.

So we free’d up $15m this year, of which our rookies will take around $6.6m of (remember, with Julio gone it’s now 6 rookies counting against the 51 rather than 5), leaving us approximately $8.4m in cap space.

And even with Julio’s $15m in dead money next year we should still be around $25m or so under the cap going into next FA, depending on how much rollover we have from this year.

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

Sweet. Enough room for 1 maybe 2 impact player(s)

Idk if there’s really anyone left out there. Maybe Sherman but who knows if he even has anything left in the tank after multiple injuries the last few years. 

How’s that salary cap situation now? Is it still fake? Remember? 

Falcons have 7.5 million dead cap this year and 15.5 million next year for Julio. 

27 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Please keep all of your comments and new threads here. Once training camp starts, all new Julio threads will be moved to the Around the NFL sub forum. Any current threads will be merged into here. There are 7 hiding on the front page now as if the other pinned thread didn't exist. 

Thanks. 

They done made you an admin now.  What has the world come to LOL.  

3 minutes ago, Beef said:

We still have $7.75m in dead money this year and $15m in dead money next year because there’s $22.75m we've already paid Julio up front in guaranteed “bonus” which was spread across years through 2022.

So we free’d up $15m this year, of which our rookies will take around $6.6m of (remember, with Julio gone it’s now 6 rookies counting against the 51 rather than 5), leaving us approximately $8.4m in cap space.

And even with Julio’s $15m in dead money next year we should still be around $25m or so under the cap going into next FA, depending on how much rollover we have from this year.

Yeah, cap should go up next year and can also extend Grady next year for added relief. Then in 2023 the cap goes up a lot with the new TV contracts kicking in.

4 minutes ago, Beef said:

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That's what I was looking for. If true, couldn't be happier with this deal. 

Also, for all we know we were offered a first but we kicked him to the AFC. Really didn't want him in the NFC and REALLY didn't want him in the NFC South. Good situation for us and him. Now he just rides up the road a bit. 

Realistically, given teams knew Julio wanted out and Atlanta needed cap relief; getting a 2nd and a 4th plus the cap relief is a win for Atlanta.

It’s a shame it ended this way but Atlanta should be primed with enough targets remaining; even minus Julio, and a big key is how AS brings back a balanced attack to Atlanta.

Good news from this is Atlanta has cap flexibility with the freed money able to be rolled forward to next year if desired.

It could also be used to front-load a Ridley extension if desired by season’s end.

Hurst is likely let go/maybe Gage as well if he hits FA. Meanwhile, Atlanta shifts resources to the defense and can develop a 3rd target behind Ridley/Pitts. I’m still eager to see if Gage/WR depth and even the backs can get involved in the pass game. This offense is still loaded; even though losing Julio dampens the mood.

Only way forward is dealing in reality.

Shame coaches didn’t seal the SB after the throw and catch Matt/Julio had in SB51. That’s my only regret as a fan of both the players and the team.

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Realistically, given teams knew Julio wanted out and Atlanta needed cap relief; getting a 2nd and a 4th plus the cap relief is a win for Atlanta.

It’s a shame it ended this way but Atlanta should be primed with enough targets remaining; even minus Julio, and a big key is how AS brings back a balanced attack to Atlanta.

Good news from this is Atlanta has cap flexibility with the freed money able to be rolled forward to next year if desired.

It could also be used to front-load a Ridley extension if desired by season’s end.

Hurst is likely let go/maybe Gage as well if he hits FA. Meanwhile, Atlanta shifts resources to the defense and can develop a 3rd target behind Ridley/Pitts. I’m still eager to see if Gage/WR depth and even the backs can get involved in the pass game. This offense is still loaded; even though losing Julio dampens the mood.

Only way forward is dealing in reality.

Shame coaches didn’t seal the SB after the throw and catch Matt/Julio had in SB51. That’s my only regret as a fan of both the players and the team.

Welcome back. 

4 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Sweet. Enough room for 1 maybe 2 impact player(s)

Could even roll that to next year or front load a Ridley extension or a nice FA signing next offseason. :shrug:

2 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I don't see how we could've done much better than this, and IT'S OVERRRRR!!!!! lol  We can move on.

yeah if I had to listen to Florio for one more day talk about how terrible a bargaining position the Falcons were in I was going to shoot myself.

if you go by all he said about how terrible position Fontenot was in, you would have to say Fontenot did well - he only got a 2nd rounder but ate no money plus got an upgraded pick in 2023 kicker.  Not terrible fer sure.

1 minute ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Yeah, cap should go up next year and can also extend Grady next year for added relief. Then in 2023 the cap goes up a lot with the new TV contracts kicking in.

Unless a new pandemic is introduced to stop some political gain in this country. (not a political post I promise)

• RYNE changed the title to Breaking news: Salary Cap not fake 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • ya_boi_j locked this topic
  • ya_boi_j unpinned this topic