The Julio is traded thread

4 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

To be honest, what if they did though?

What if the Falcons wanted the most compensation for Julio but the most important thing they wanted to do was to find someone willing to fully off-load his contract to?

Maybe the offer of taking on Julio's contract is what caused many of the interested teams to drop out?

To me, the selling point was the money.  Whoever took that, got the "prize".  A second and a fourth was about what most thought we would get.  Add the potential roll over/FA we can get with that money to the equation and really all parties benefited.

6 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

To be honest, what if they did though?

What if the Falcons wanted the most compensation for Julio but the most important thing they wanted to do was to find someone willing to fully off-load his contract to?

Maybe the offer of taking on Julio's contract is what caused many of the interested teams to drop out?

TBH we needed cap so badly that a 2nd instead of a 1st (which with TEN being TEN could be almost a 1st) + the cap relief is worth it. 

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

That's why I'm glad the Sharpe phone call happened. Had it not have happened, TF would have been made out to be the bad guy after the dust settled. I'm glad the fan base found out that he just ultimately didn't want to be a Falcon any longer. 

I've said it 1001 times, I would not have extended him in 2019. I will assume he wanted out then but TD threw money at him to make him happy. 

I honestly think going back to 2018 and his skipping mandatory minicamp while whining for a renegotiation, and his working out with Terrell Owens was no coincidence. 

Now it comes out that he's whined about his QB's arm strength (A very Terrell Owens move). It's also ironic that Julio is the only WR on the roster who seems to have **** timing with Matt on the deep ball. The guy that doesn't show up and work out on the regular has timing issues. Matt hits all these other "lesser" WR's in stride.

I don't care anymore, this is TATF and Julio isn't a Falcon anymore. 

Just now, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

I honestly think going back to 2018 and his skipping mandatory minicamp while whining for a renegotiation, and his working out with Terrell Owens was no coincidence. 

Now it comes out that he's whined about his QB's arm strength (A very Terrell Owens move). It's also ironic that Julio is the only WR on the roster who seems to have **** timing with Matt on the deep ball. The guy that doesn't show up and work out on the regular has timing issues. Matt hits all these other "lesser" WR's in stride.

He's now part of "Around the NFL"

1 minute ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Do you guys think Julio is happy with how this turned out?

Honestly the hardest thing for me to process in this whole spiel is what is going on w/ Julio. 

He supposedly wants to "be on a contender" and have a "QB with a strong arm and deep ball"... then he makes an a$$ out of himself and the Falcons by putting his laundry out there... and ends up on the Titans (at best a lateral move... more than likely a bad move). 

I'm not sure what he's happy about in this situation. I'd be pissed.  

2 minutes ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

Yeah this is why I don't buy the "Deep ball" BS. 

MR has always ranked top 5-10 w/ deep balls. He was dropping dimes to guys like Taylor Gabriel. 

Julio was off-timing cause he didn't ******* practice. I don't think anyone can convince me otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

I don't know that I buy that stuff about Matt's arm strength.  It just doesn't sound like something Julio would say.  

It sounds like something Terrell Owens would say.

Anyway, Julio can speak for himself, but until someone says "Julio told me Matt's deep ball is suspect," I don't put an ounce of stock in that claim.

1 minute ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

I get what you're saying but 1 thing I can never do is blame a man for another man's actions. Whether we want to admit to it or not, we all have a characteristic deep down that other people don't like. The real Julio(if he actually said any of these things) just caught people off guard because he was looked at as a saint for whatever reason. 

Lets just say "perenthetically" the salary Cap is wide open.

Do you______

A: Buy a defensive Leader...like Ray Lewis

B: Shop for the 5 biggest O-linemen for cheap

What say you?

1 minute ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Honestly the hardest thing for me to process in this whole spiel is what is going on w/ Julio. 

He supposedly wants to "be on a contender" and have a "QB with a strong arm and deep ball"... then he makes an a$$ out of himself and the Falcons by putting his laundry out there... and ends up on the Titans (at best a lateral move... more than likely a bad move). 

He basically lateraled.   Tannehill has a game similar to MR2.  And with TY "Freaking" SAMBRAILO at tackle.  

1 minute ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

That’s why a player without a no-trade clause needs to be careful.   I could very easily see a situation where Smith cleans things up and we finish 10-7 while TEN has some injuries and goes 8-9.   Then what?   Does he demand to be returned?   

1 minute ago, Herr Doktor said:

He basically lateraled.   Tannehill has a game similar to MR2.  And with TY "Freaking" SAMBRAILO at tackle.  

Ryan is significantly better than Tannehill.  Even new Tannehill, and even if we assume it's Tannehill and not Arthur Smith that was stirring that drink.

1 minute ago, Boaz357 said:

Lets just say "perenthetically" the salary Cap is wide open.

Do you______

A: Buy a defensive Leader...like Ray Lewis

B: Shop for the 5 biggest O-linemen for cheap

What say you?

Ray Lewis.  Size of an Oline player matters little without a.) A scheme they are suited for and b.) The ability to play as a unit and are coached well.  Ray is a demon.  Not many of them.

I want to see what the Titans have to do now to get under the cap. LT Taylor Lewan (30 yrs old),  C Ben Jones (32), Edge Harold Landry (25), LG Rodger Saffold (33) look like about the only players with big enough contracts to restructure. Jones is on the last year of his, so he's out. It looks like Byard, Tannehill, and Henry have recent new deals. This is going to be interesting. 

Just now, JDaveG said:

Ryan is significantly better than Tannehill.  Even new Tannehill, and even if we assume it's Tannehill and not Arthur Smith that was stirring that drink.

I worded that poorly.  They are physically similar.  Matt is far better at throwing the ball.  Tannehill may be slightly more mobile.

2 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

That’s why a player without a no-trade clause needs to be careful.   I could very easily see a situation where Smith cleans things up and we finish 10-7 while TEN has some injuries and goes 8-9.   Then what?   Does he demand to be returned?   

As I mentioned in the other thread, karma would be a falcons Titans Super Bowl and falcons win. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

This is going to sound worse than what it is but honestly, should we actually care how him or any player feels after they get traded after they stated they wanted to be traded?

That's where I am.  I'll get over my disappointment in him, and maybe I'll even come around to his side of things if the whole story is told.  But for now, he wanted gone.  He's gone.  I'm cool with it.  Give someone else no. 11 and let's move on.

1 minute ago, celtiksage said:

I want to see what the Titans have to do now to get under the cap. LT Taylor Lewan (30 yrs old),  C Ben Jones (32), Edge Harold Landry (25), LG Rodger Saffold (33) look like about the only players with big enough contracts to restructure. Jones is on the last year of his, so he's out. It looks like Byard, Tannehill, and Henry have recent new deals. This is going to be interesting. 

Sometimes, when you invite a vampire (contract) into your home,expect to be drained.  They must have a plan.  My guess is they are all in this year to push so will kick the ball into next year.  

Just now, JDaveG said:

That's where I am.  I'll get over my disappointment in him, and maybe I'll even come around to his side of things if the whole story is told.  But for now, he wanted gone.  He's gone.  I'm cool with it.  Give someone else no. 11 and let's move on.

Yeah pretty much. Different story if he's just traded out of left field and we never saw it coming. Just the simple fact that he requested the trade, I wouldn't have cared if he wound up with the Jets

Just now, shc said:

As I mentioned in the other thread, karma would be a falcons Titans Super Bowl and falcons win. 

If we meet them in the Super Bowl and he's on the team, I hope he goes 0 for 0 with 0 TDs.

I'l probably root for him in the Super Bowl if we aren't there, but against us?  I hope he sits on the sideline the whole game crying about his money.