The Julio is traded thread

7 minutes ago, TX Falcon said:

What you should know as true is that its a facts the Falcons purposely went away from Julio in the red zone. Julio never complained because he was team 1st! Just in case you forgot that part as well

You can believe that if you wish. But thanks to the end zone, Julio was unable to outrun defenses. The back of the end zone was effectively a third defender when he was almost always double teamed. That's why he allegedly complained about not catching the ball in stride: he's more likely to outrun defenders to the house than he is to run a clean route in the red zone.

6 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Those were always good excuses but seems like a waste of a hall of fame talent.

When he does get open his hands seemed to disappear....

la-1515891048-3ogkfy3cvt-snap-image

He caught the one against the Packers right before the half in the NFCCG. All WRs drop balls except Fitz and Nuk

12 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I’m going to assume he means because Julio was doubled. 

Nope. He thinks we intentionally went away from Julio in the red zone. Guess he doesn't remember the end of the Eagles playoff game.

12 minutes ago, TX Falcon said:

What you should know as true is that its a facts the Falcons purposely went away from Julio in the red zone. Julio never complained because he was team 1st! Just in case you forgot that part as well

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

You can believe that if you wish. But thanks to the end zone, Julio was unable to outrun defenses. The back of the end zone was effectively a third defender when he was almost always double teamed. That's why he allegedly complained about not catching the ball in stride: he's more likely to outrun defenders to the house than he is to run a clean route in the red zone.

He was running fades mostly. Crap doesn’t work usually. Running an out from the slot gets almost any WR open and motion can too with  running in cuts. Koetter hardly did any of that sadly

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

He caught the one against the Packers right before the half in the NFCCG. All WRs drop balls except Fitz and Nuk

I hear all he wants to do is win.

Here is the optimistic way to look at it.  Let’s say we don’t give Julio the extension.  He leaves in free agency, we get back a third round comp pick (which normally starts at 97+ overall), instead we some cap this year, get back a 2nd, a 4th AND we got to dictate which team he went to.  If he leaves on own he can sign within the division if he wanted, we made sure he was out of the conference.  It sucks, but it could have been much worse.

5 hours ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

As far as i know tennessee is taking all remaining years on the deal so i believe yes which is huge.

All remaining salary...there will be a 15M dead cap hit next year. Ju had about 23M in dead cap, since it's post June 1, we take on 1/3 of it this year and 2/3 next year...

12 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Nope. He thinks we intentionally went away from Julio in the red zone. Guess he doesn't remember the end of the Eagles playoff game.

What's your explanation to the end of that game? The one when Matt and Julio went right, and the rest of the team went left? Brilliant play call by Sark, but the Eagles weren't fooled. Also, it wasn't designed for Ryan. The Eagles knew that he was not a real threat to run it in from there, so they focused on Julio.

15 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

He was running fades mostly. Crap doesn’t work usually. Running an out from the slot gets almost any WR open and motion can too with  running in cuts. Koetter hardly did any of that sadly

It wasn't just Koetter, though. Julio had a 10 TD season and three 8 TD seasons. Koetter got him the 10 TD season (2012) and one of the 8s (2019). Nobody could generate scores for him in the red zone.

1 minute ago, Faithful Falcon said:

What's your explanation to the end of that game? The one when Matt and Julio went right, and the rest of the team went left? Brilliant play call by Sark, but the Eagles weren't fooled. Also, it wasn't designed for Ryan. The Eagles knew that he was not a real threat to run it in from there, so they focused on Julio.

I like Julio one-on-one the way he was on that play. Unfortunately, it was great coverage at a crucial time. Unlike some of our fellow dudes, I like Julio against almost anybody and I refuse to blame him for that outcome. Not a bad call. It wasn't necessarily bad execution. It just didn't fool the defender.

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

It wasn't just Koetter, though. Julio had a 10 TD season and three 8 TD seasons. Koetter got him the 10 TD season (2012) and one of the 8s (2019). Nobody could generate scores for him in the red zone.

He had Tony Gonzalez in 2012. They replaced him a with a nobody, and everything went to Julio. Julio came through, but it also took more of a toll on his body. They went hitting him low, like they would hit a RB.

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

He had Tony Gonzalez in 2012. They replaced him a with a nobody, and everything went to Julio. Julio came through, but it also took more of a toll on his body. They went hitting him low, like they would hit a RB.

I'll be honest and admit that he got more healthy seasons with us than I expected. After 2013, I honestly expected him to have a series of 8-12 game seasons and instead, he was just a fysical phreak. Love this dude and wish we could have done better with him. 

2 minutes ago, Cole World said:

I’ll be rooting for the other team besides the time they play N.O.

Even if I struggle to root for him in another uniform, there's no way I'm rooting against him. God bless him.

17 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

It was Koetter these last two seasons. Koetter was a good OC in 2012. The NFL has evolved. What he did in 2012 has zero merit on what he did in 2019 and 2020. Shanny scheme Julio open plenty of times in the red zone. That’s what a real OC does.

16 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Exactly why players have come out and said they would rather get hit high than low. 

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Ridley just step in and do what Julio has done and all things remain equal? Of course I don't. But as a whole, I think Arthur Smith, a better running game (cause it can't be any worse than it was last year), Calvin Ridley, Russell Gage, Hayden Hurst and Kyle Pitts makes up for what the Falcons lose without having Julio. The Falcons offense for years lived and died with Julio Jones, whether Julio was catching the ball are being used as a decoy and that's not a good way to build a successful offense. Super Bowl winning teams don't build teams where the most important player on the field is a WR, but that's exactly how the Falcons were built. Now we're going to see a team with a much more balanced and well rounded offense and overall I think the Falcons offense should be better than it was last year even without Julio. The most important thing the Falcons have working in their favor is Arthur Smith.

People forget, under a good offensive coordinator, we already saw life without Julio. In 2016 Julio missed time and the offense never missed a beat. Even in games he played, he wasn't always on the field, and the offense never missed a beat. You don't have to have a Julio to win, if you have a good OC, and have some other good weapons.

16 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Even if I struggle to root for him in another uniform, there's no way I'm rooting against him. God bless him.

I hope he gets a lot of yards, but I want to inherit a high 2nd rd pick next year.