The Julio is traded thread

6 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

And with that the era of the Falcons having the best WR I’ve ever seen in person comes to an end.

Maybe one day people will remember how amazing Julio really was… which was one of the best WRs of all time.

6 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Yeah at some point people will stop getting in their feelings and remember how great Julio is/was. 

I was listening to Schefter and he said the same thing I say every time Julio's greatness comes up, that if we go on to win that SB, his catch would be remembered as one of the greatest if not the greatest in SB history. Julio is one of the all-time greats. 

6 hours ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

People will get outta their feelings at some point. He’s a great receiver and did well for us but he is not what he used to be. We got a good deal here

Bingo. We were 3-4 in the games he played last year. His time with us was past. But he is an all time great and for sentimental reasons I hate seeing him go. 

8 minutes ago, TX Falcon said:

LOL, We all know why Julio only scores limited TDs..... And you will find out next year when the asme happens to Ridley

So who has more TDs this season? Julio with Tannenhill or Ridley with Ryan?

Keep in mind, both will be sharing with touches with red zone nightmares (Henry and Pitts).

7 minutes ago, TX Falcon said:

LOL, We all know why Julio only scores limited TDs..... And you will find out next year when the asme happens to Ridley

Smith's Titans are among the greatest red zone teams of all time over the last two years. I think we're all going to see a much different team scoring touchdowns.

Here's the point, y'all:

Julio is a great player. Present tense. He is a Falcons legend. Present tense. He's a hall of famer. Present tense. No way to trash him on his way out the door when all of us would prefer to see him suit up for the Falcons in the fall. God bless him.

But his contract was a *****. Consider what we could have done with ~$20 million that we allocated for him last season. We could have had a better WR2 for sure. Possibly, a couple of serious upgrades to defensive positions or OL as well. That's known as opportunity cost.

Forget the fact that he only played nine games in 2020, nobody could forsee that when he was signed. We significantly limited how we could improve the team to pay for his ego and I'll let you figure out whether it was a bargain. The only problem I have with him wanting to get out of Dodge City is the fact that he's apparently "wanting to win" when a major reason why we couldn't win with him was the loot we spent to make him happy.

I was over losing him when I learned he was already checked out. I suppose I wish him the best, but I honestly don't care since he's in another uniform.

14 minutes ago, TX Falcon said:

Yeah... but no. Ridley stepped into WR1 slot last year and scored more TDs (9) than Julio. In fact, Julio only had more touchdowns once in 10 seasons. 

Ridley is no Julio and he shouldn't be expected to be. But suggesting that Julio's touchdown issues were someone else's fault flies in the face of what we already know to be true.

3 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Yeah... but no. Ridley stepped into WR1 slot last year and scored more TDs (9) than Julio. In fact, Julio only had more touchdowns once in 10 seasons. 

Ridley is no Julio and he shouldn't be expected to be. But suggesting that Julio's touchdown issues were someone else's fault flies in the face of what we already know to be true.

What you should know as true is that its a facts the Falcons purposely went away from Julio in the red zone. Julio never complained because he was team 1st! Just in case you forgot that part as well

4 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I’m going to assume he means because Julio was doubled. 

6 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

And with that the era of the Falcons having the best WR I’ve ever seen in person comes to an end.

Maybe one day people will remember how amazing Julio really was… which was one of the best WRs of all time.

Billy White Shoes left the Falcons years ago 🤔

Just now, TX Falcon said:

Julio has commanded double teams in the red zone! The Falcons basically use him as a decoy in the red zone!

I figured that’s what you meant. Can’t double someone in motion though or in the slot running out routes and slants. Koetter route combinations were awful

Just now, youngbloodz said:

I figured that’s what you meant. Can’t double someone in motion though or in the slot running out routes and slants. Koetter route combinations were awful

The best example of Falcon offense was the Superbowl! Go look (Check the play by play) how many times in the Red zone did the Falcons look for Julio.

2 minutes ago, TX Falcon said:

Julio has commanded double teams in the red zone! The Falcons basically use him as a decoy in the red zone!

Those were always good excuses but seems like a waste of a hall of fame talent.

When he does get open his hands seemed to disappear....

la-1515891048-3ogkfy3cvt-snap-image

Just now, Jesus said:

Those were always good excuses but seems like a waste of a hall of fame talent.

When he does get open his hands seemed to disappear....

la-1515891048-3ogkfy3cvt-snap-image

Well maybe if they had done this MORE then he would have more TDs!!

7 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I hear you bruh and you know how much of a Julio fan I was but he’s not in red or black anymore!  I hate the way this whole scenario went down and it’s got me salty but **** it!

Feeling kind of warm in here bigdog..,I think I might stay out this one..