The Julio is traded thread

I know that this is gonna sound crappy, but we should have traded him when he held out for a bigger contract. "Falcon for life," was a really dumb move that netted us absolutely nothing, and now Blank is a liar.

Hopefully Blank has finally learned his lesson. Maybe the new regime won't have to worry about a privileged old white man, with no football acumen, making player personnel decisions.

1 minute ago, Andrews_31 said:

Just finished watching Hawks vs. Philly.  Stopped by to say this.  Glad Julio got what he wanted, not mad at him.  One of the best in the game, or to ever play.  Falcons just have to step up, and life goes on. 

I’m watching Dallas/Clippers now. 

We won that trade. I wouldn’t trade Trae for Doncic straight up right now. 

44 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Dave, I can't lie, I was HEATED draft night, but Trae is straight up nasty with an attitude! 

Edit:  For those that didn't get what I said, Trae is the truth! 

7 minutes ago, robertap said:

I know that this is gonna sound crappy, but we should have traded him when he held out for a bigger contract. "Falcon for life," was a really dumb move that netted us absolutely nothing, and now Blank is a liar.

Hopefully Blank has finally learned his lesson. Maybe the new regime won't have to worry about a privileged old white man, with no football acumen, making player personnel decisions.

In hindsight you’re right. But you also can’t blame the organization for wanting to keep a player they felt could help them win a SB...which they felt they had a SB caliber team the last 3 years 

5 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Disagree — Trae is a complete stud, but Luka is going to be the best player in the league soon. 

Re: JJ, Godspeed. Best ever to put on the Birds’ uni. 

14 minutes ago, robertap said:

Julio didn't hold out

19 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

Just finished watching Hawks vs. Philly.  Stopped by to say this.  Glad Julio got what he wanted, not mad at him.  One of the best in the game, or to ever play.  Falcons just have to step up, and life goes on. 

That was an intense ending.im getting to old for this.my heart was thumping.

1 minute ago, TX Falcon said:

To bad Ridley has been a no show for most games without Julio! Hope Pitts will be ready to be the #1 option WR or TE

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/calvin-ridley-list-of-games-without-julio-jones

8 catches - 91 yards

5 catches - 110 yards

8 catches - 136 yards

6 catches - 50 yards and a TD

8 catches - 124 yards and a TD

10 catches - 163 yards and a TD

5 catches - 130 yards

8 catches - 52 yards

Yea, bro. Total no show. Only averages 7.25 catches, 107 yards and .375 TDs a game no Julio.

16 games of that comes to 116 catches, 1712 yards and 6 TDs.

Julio's career averages are 6.25 catches, 95.5 yards and .44 TDs a game.

So Ridley has actually been better than Jones' career averages without Julio. No show.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jlrfalcon said:

Too many on this board and in this city take Matt Ryan's non-football traits for granted.  He could have many times been a real jerk with how bad his coordinators have been, how bad his line protection has been, or how many times he has been asked to rework his contract.  However, he has constantly been an asset that would never be demanding a trade like Rodgers or Wilson or others.

That edge gave those guys each a ring.  Matt just doesn't have that mentality.  Matt doesn't have the side that wants to be respected, that wants a legacy, etc...

Edited by BLM

1 minute ago, Ians0280 said:

That was an intense ending.im getting to old for this.my heart was thumping.

Mine too, I was like "the Hawks are about to " Atlanta Falcons" this game, but they pulled it off.  Hawks need to level up and play in MLK jerseys for the rest of the playoffs and become invincible! 

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/calvin-ridley-list-of-games-without-julio-jones

8 catches - 91 yards

5 catches - 110 yards

8 catches - 136 yards

6 catches - 50 yards and a TD

8 catches - 124 yards and a TD

10 catches - 163 yards and a TD

5 catches - 130 yards

8 catches - 52 yards

Yea, bro. Total no show. Only averages 7.25 catches, 107 yards and .375 TDs a game no Julio.

16 games of that comes to 116 catches, 1712 yards and 6 TDs.

Julio's career averages are 6.25 catches, 95.5 yards and .44 TDs a game.

So Ridley has actually been better than Jones' career averages without Julio. No show.

And that was in Koetter’s Frankenoffense. He may do a lot better in Smiths.

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

All the crossing route patters are made for Ridley.

I don’t think anyone in the NFL runs them better. Gage is going to get his share of them too.