The Julio is traded thread

11 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

The money part of this deal is huge. Essentially frees up 16m this year and no dead money next year which you could look at like its freeing up what his 2022 hit would be (~20m)

There is no dead money next year??

6 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Stockholm Syndrome.  Some fans are so used to a lack of change, the adherence to sacred cows, and failing to let go of players good or bad.  This creates that doom and gloom mentality.

Yep. This is a solid trade for the Falcons when you take emotions out of the equation. The new GM is off to a nice start IMO.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Don't forget about the freed money next year

That is the big part.   Sure a possible late second round pick in the next draft isn't huge but it gives us cap room this year and moves him completely off the books for the future.  I love Julio but we just saved ourselves 20+ million in cap space on the rest what would have been his contract.   That is a lot of a aging receiver who's best years are probably behind him.

I just hope he can finish out with a super bowl win, he deserves it.

13 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Titans with the mist talented position group in the NFL. 

They'll have access to it for around 7 games per year if injuries continue in the same trajectory

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

🤣 🤣 I knew this day would bring out emotions but my goodness I wasn't expecting that 🤣🤣 I was ready for someone to invite Smith to Waffle House or something

Seriously. Julio is one of my favorite Falcons ever but I'm feeling nothing over seeing him go. He got what he wanted. And I submit, he got what he bargained for in 2019; he knew that deal was going to have consequences for the team. With that being said, I don't want somebody who doesn't want to play for my team.

So Godspeed, adios, happy trails, sayonara, thanks for the memories but don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you, Señor Montalban. I'll check you out when you get to Canton.

Just now, JayOzOne said:

Seriously. Julio is one of my favorite Falcons ever but I'm feeling nothing over seeing him go. He got what he wanted. And I submit, he got what he bargained for in 2019; he knew that deal was going to have consequences for the team. With that being said, I don't want somebody who doesn't want to play for my team.

So Godspeed, adios, happy trails, sayonara, thanks for the memories but don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you, Señor Montalban. I'll check you out when you get to Canton.

Same here. 

Sad day for the Falcons, so many bitter memories being a fan of this franchise, and this one stings up there. At least we got to witness the best receiver of his generation for a decade, just wish we woulda got that ring. 

3 minutes ago, Spongebob said:

Tennessee is one of those teams that are one injury away from it being a high second. If Henry is injured, they're gonna have a tough time.

They also lost their offensive coordinator so that could be a big blow to tannehill

Even with a healthy Henry, KC has the AFC on lockdown for the foreseeable future. 

Just now, jidady said:

That's the part of this nobody ever wants to discuss. The NFL cap was on a steady climb before the unthinkable happened. It was a black swan, and we got caught in it.

It's not that no one wants to discuss it. It's just that they don't have a clue how to discuss it. Every single time it's mentioned, it turns stupid really fast and football is no longer the topic at hand

38 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Nah, we're doomed. We won't be able to complete a single pass without Julio. No team can have passing success without Julio Jones

Okay come on now. I respect you but come on. There's no way, no way you can tell me we are a better team without Julio Jones. Because if you say that brother, you wearing those rose colored glasses today. You're speaking with your heart instead of your mind. Again I like you but your homerism is really coming through. Always speak the truth dude, the truth can hurt, but it is what it is.