The Julio is traded thread

1 minute ago, mattyicefalcon said:

We are talking about W.R godly talent and what challenges he brought for defenses every game.... don't talk to me as if I don't know football.

He was the ONLY LEGIT threat Falcons had which struck fears in opponents.

So go on with your narrative.....ill stick with mine.

Ryan was MVP that year and was part of the success.  Julio didnt do it on his own!

1 minute ago, mattyicefalcon said:

We are talking about W.R godly talent and what challenges he brought for defenses every game.... don't talk to me as if I don't know football.

He was the ONLY LEGIT threat Falcons had which struck fears in opponents.

So go on with your narrative.....ill stick with mine.

Julio has never been the only threat on the falcons, ever. He's always had Roddy or tony g or ridley. Nice revisionist history.

Just now, mattyicefalcon said:

Thanks ...I was looking for entire details on transactions including the financial side and value picks. This explains.

Lol I told you to look on the first page. I posted it there 😂

Just now, ROMERO said:

Ryan was MVP that year and was part of the success.  Julio didnt do it on his own!

Not taking anything away from Ryan hes still an all pro.

But that doesn't undermine what Julio did which also made the entire team relevant and struck fears in eyes of opponents.

Look at current roster now besides Grady Jarrett which player strikes fear while facing any opponents?

16 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Pretty much what I figured we would get.  I had hoped a third instead of the fourth, but it is what it is.  We had precious little leverage once the cat was out of the bag.

A Smith definitely gave his old team a home town deal.. Gonna be a sh1t fest when the Titans win a Superbowl with Julio and we're 5-12 next season.. Smith will definitely take some grief for this

1 minute ago, Slumerican said:

A Smith definitely gave his old team a home town deal.. Gonna be a sh1t fest when the Titans win a Superbowl with Julio and we're 5-12 next season.. Smith will definitely take some grief for this

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 Omg 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

35 minutes ago, falcon app said:

Julio is now gone after requesting for a trade. Maybe in the future, we will get more clarity as to what conversations preceded the request. Did we ask him to take a pay cut or was it something more simple like no special treatment for Julio?  

But one thing that still bothers me is, did we approach Grady for a restructure/extension? if we did and he turned us down, then that might indicate a problem next off season when we might need to extend him and Ridley.

Continuously restructuring is what got us in the cap predicament we had previously. Now going forward, the Falcons will be in better position themselves for those contracts.

1 minute ago, Slumerican said:

don't see the Titans winning a SB - but if they do, so what?

Falcons weren't winning a SB w/ Julio in 2021-2022.

13 minutes ago, insight said:

Each draft pick has a predetermined value, picks in future years have lesser value literally.  You are incorrect they could have traded him draft night and finalized the deal in June. 

I was incorrect about 2021 draft pick. You are correct about the draft pick needing to be for 2022 or a team could have drafted a player with an agreement in place. 

6 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Arthur Smith didn't make this trade.  Terry Fontenot is in charge and made it happen.  There are no longer sacred cows.  

I can't swear to this other than a guess, but it's clear to me that the Falcons may have felt a bit betrayed by Julio, and then made the cardinal decision to cave to his demands.  I am starting to believe that there was beef between both parties, maybe more passive-aggressive, but I am starting to believe it. 

In the end, everyone got what they wanted.  

Just now, Herr Doktor said:

Arthur Smith didn't make this trade.  Terry Fontenot is in charge and made it happen.  There are no longer sacred cows.  

I can't swear to this other than a guess, but it's clear to me that the Falcons may have felt a bit betrayed by Julio, and then made the cardinal decision to cave to his demands.  I am starting to believe that there was beef between both parties, maybeore passive aggressive, but I am starting to believe it. 

In the end, everyone got what they wanted.  

Unless Julio really did want to go to a team with a big armed QB