The Julio is traded thread

Just now, hjerry said:

What's really crazy is that, despite the news being old at this point, you'll probably still have people posting their own thread with it as if it's breaking news for hours, maybe even into tomorrow 

I've never understood it. It's like, yeah, this happened 2 hours ago, but sure, yeah, you're totally the first one to post it here

You know how it goes. They just make it easier for us

2 minutes ago, insight said:

Each draft pick has a predetermined value, picks in future years have lesser value literally.  You are incorrect they could have traded him draft night and finalized the deal in June. 

If the deal didn't finalize until June then we still wouldn't have gotten any picks this year.....dumb.

10 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Eh, I wouldn’t mind a vet corner. Dude is sharp and can provide some valuable knowledge to the young dudes. Wouldn’t hate it either way 

Be like having schaub here again for nothing. If you have a decent coaching staff you dont need the vet presence. 

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Julio didn't singlehandedly do anything... That catch wouldnt have even mattered if Alford didn't get a pick 6. Nobody in football singlehandedly does anything

Julio yes sir got us single handedly to that stage.

Now let's go back to NFC CHAMPIONSHIP  game vs Packers. 

What part did you miss about Julios GODLY abilities to change the outcome it did.

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Is that allowed? Not sure if you could that in NFL 

Yeah I don’t think it is. Hold someone rights that long and they wouldn’t even get a chance to go to rookie minicamp or OTAs 

Just now, hjerry said:

Playing ability should be the only thing that matters

"mentorship" should only be a bonus

Absolutely.  The mentor **** is over rated in a career field with a shelf life of @ 4 years.  Always nice to have vets impart knowledge, but this taking people under your wings and teaching them everything is a tough sell for proud professionals.

4 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

They lost Smith and their QB is still Tannehill… if anything they are maybe 80% of their AFC run.

Yes, and I have not studied this, but, my guess is that AFC teams that think they can make it to postseason have run the draft and FA to help contain Henry.  They lost AS.  We will have to wait to determine how that impacts them.  Like most teams, the Titans could be better, worse, or the same.  And, you can take that to the bank.

3 minutes ago, insight said:

Each draft pick has a predetermined value, picks in future years have lesser value literally.  You are incorrect they could have traded him draft night and finalized the deal in June. 

No, you're completely wrong...as usual

Just now, socalriseup said:

The ONLY way I'll care about Julio again is if he makes the effort to come back and retire a falcon, even if it's a one day signing. 

Disappointed hes gone but wont forget the exciting moments. 

This is all I saying this man gave us EVERYTHING and beyond ...he deserved better.

the deal is about as meh as you can get but very expected I guess...would have liked to see a 2 and a defensive player back, surely Arthur Smith could know some gems on that roster...

1 minute ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Julio yes sir got us single handedly to that stage.

Now let's go back to NFC CHAMPIONSHIP  game vs Packers. 

What part did you miss about Julios GODLY abilities to change the outcome it did.

So julio threw the ball to himself? No wr does **** singlehandedly. You're spewing estrogen and emotion right now

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He has mom from what I know. Lol. Yes there is some personal info till Julio came in to NFL. After 2011 there is nothing 

Exactly

It's less info out there about Julio than it is of an active CIA agent.

2 minutes ago, socalriseup said:

The ONLY way I'll care about Julio again is if he makes the effort to come back and retire a falcon, even if it's a one day signing. 

Disappointed hes gone but wont forget the exciting moments. 

Yeah, what's done is done. I'm moving on

Just now, Outmyfalconmind said:

I'm glad it's over. I've been lurking since the rumors, anxious everyday to get a set in stone answer, because honestly, all of this took the excitement away from drafting Pitts. Now there's clarity and I can begin to enjoy the endless possibilities of what he'll bring to the offense.

Me to brother.  We can turn the page and look forward.  One of the knocks on TD was that he could not make the tough choice, and he favored sacred cows.  TF is not that man.  A tough as **** decision got made.  If he had had hair, he'd have lost all that **** over the last few weeks.  Big props to Terry Fontenot.  A true Fontification.

2 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Absolutely.  The mentor **** is over rated in a career field with a shelf life of @ 4 years.  Always nice to have vets impart knowledge, but this taking people under your wings and teaching them everything is a tough sell for proud professionals.

The mentor is the coach

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

So julio threw the ball to himself? No wr does **** singlehandedly. You're spewing estrogen and emotion right now

We are talking about W.R godly talent and what challenges he brought for defenses every game.... don't talk to me as if I don't know football.

He was the ONLY LEGIT threat Falcons had which struck fears in opponents.

So go on with your narrative.....ill stick with mine.

1 minute ago, FalconBlood said:

For an openly disgruntled 32yr old player, this is very good compensation for Atlanta. The taking on of the contract is amazing. Essentially any help we sign, is also part of this deal, ideally defensive help. I’m happy with our new GM’s efforts.

Not to mention the Titans were only 3 mill under the cap. Now they'll have to start restructuring players and possibly cutting/trading one or two.