The First Thing TF should have done after being named GM is to approach MR about a pay cut.

4 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I don't dispute that it would work & that it would be a nice motivator & I don't even oppose it in theory.  It makes a lot of sense.  It would certainly put skin in the game for players who might otherwise be disinterested in wins/losses & only in their financial gain.  But now that the NFL has player representation, they'll never entertain it unfortunately.  I mean I earn a salary but I am motivated to increase sales in my Region because I can further profit from bonuses & commissions.  So I empathize with the gist of your proposal on a personal level.  

You really buy that **** that he’s selling?

Hmmmm... ask MR to take a paycut? Like Fowler, I guess.

That would've been a complete catastrophe if you ask me. Let that leak to the press, and then Grady would be looking for a way out with Julio before he was asked to do the same. Rid and anyone else that saw the tunnel collapsing would've been right behind him.

It would be like saying, "hey, we understand you're one of the best Falcons there's ever been. And you're still playing at a respectable and sometimes high level, even though we can't put a defense on the field and it is dragging this team down. But, this organization really messed up, and we need you to fix it. And yes, you've done everything asked every year in restructuring and extending your contract, but we really shouldn't have committed to all that money we gave you. And as you know, we need to set ourselves up to get rid of you in the next 2-4 years and... can you help us out here?"

Fowler was foreseeable. "Hey, you really sucked last year. We are going to try to trade or cut you, unless you want to continue being a Falcon and take a reduced deal that's acceptable to both you and the team, and then you can test the market after another year, or we can renegotiate."

No way you ask MR to take less money. That's a player move, not the FO unless production CLEARLY dictates that type of direction.

On 6/8/2021 at 6:18 AM, HASHBROWN3 said:

On a conceptual level only.

I don’t, not in sports. Guys don’t play harder just cause they have a bonus on the line. Matt Ryan isn’t laying down cause he’s not getting paid for wins. It’s a ridiculous thought.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I don’t, not in sports. Guys don’t play harder just cause they have a bonus on the line. Matt Ryan isn’t laying down cause he’s not getting paid for wins. It’s a ridiculous thought.

For me, I’m doubly motivated.  But I’m motivated to succeed & do well because I’m that way in my spirit.  And when I do well & grow my business I gain extra compensation.  For some, that financial incentive has more of a motivational aspect. For me it’s just an added benefit of doing well.

For some, that drive & ambitious spirit isn’t a part of who they are, but I’m not convinced you can’t develop that trait.

12 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

For me, I’m doubly motivated.  But I’m motivated to succeed & do well because I’m that way in my spirit.  And when I do well & grow my business I gain extra compensation.  For some, that financial incentive has more of a motivational aspect. For me it’s just an added benefit of doing well.

For some, that drive & ambitious spirit isn’t a part of who they are, but I’m not convinced you can’t develop that trait.

I get what you’re saying and I see that in other aspects of life all the time.

But dude, he’s basically saying Matt Ryan would play better if he was having to earn his paycheck through wins. Some guys that MAYBE the case but it **** sure isn’t with Matt Ryan. Ryan gives 110% every time he steps between the lines. This is just another ridiculous “I hate Matt Ryan” post.

5 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I get what you’re saying and I see that in other aspects of life all the time.

But dude, he’s basically saying Matt Ryan would play better if he was having to earn his paycheck through wins. Some guys that MAYBE the case but it **** sure isn’t with Matt Ryan. Ryan gives 110% every time he steps between the lines. This is just another ridiculous “I hate Matt Ryan” post.

That’s how I sort of perceived it & was mostly finding some way to find common ground or sympathize on a business scale.

I look at it sort of like how folks want to classify a QB by listing their greatness strictly by wins/losses etc.  The way you’re laying it out I agree.  It’s petty & personal against Ryan, but doesn’t surprise me in the least. 

On 6/9/2021 at 2:52 PM, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

If I see one more uninformed "bbbbbut Tom Brady" post... almost as bad as the OP.

Tom Brady got paid under the table via his charities/foundations/other means. 

Seriously, the NFL knew what was happening there and turned a blind eye to it. Tom Brady's TB12 company owned a clinic that employed the doctor that just happened to be employed by the Patriots as their official "team doctor." So when the Patriots paid this guy at a rate of $300 an hour who do you think was getting a kick back on that deal? Tom Brady himself. But somehow the NFL said it was legal and turned a blind eye to it.

On 6/8/2021 at 8:42 AM, celtiksage said:

Hmmmm... ask MR to take a paycut? Like Fowler, I guess.

That would've been a complete catastrophe if you ask me. Let that leak to the press, and then Grady would be looking for a way out with Julio before he was asked to do the same. Rid and anyone else that saw the tunnel collapsing would've been right behind him.

It would be like saying, "hey, we understand you're one of the best Falcons there's ever been. And you're still playing at a respectable and sometimes high level, even though we can't put a defense on the field and it is dragging this team down. But, this organization really messed up, and we need you to fix it. And yes, you've done everything asked every year in restructuring and extending your contract, but we really shouldn't have committed to all that money we gave you. And as you know, we need to set ourselves up to get rid of you in the next 2-4 years and... can you help us out here?"

Fowler was foreseeable. "Hey, you really sucked last year. We are going to try to trade or cut you, unless you want to continue being a Falcon and take a reduced deal that's acceptable to both you and the team, and then you can test the market after another year, or we can renegotiate."

No way you ask MR to take less money. That's a player move, not the FO unless production CLEARLY dictates that type of direction.

You're applying far too much logic to a scenario cooked up by someone devoid of logic.