Will Calvin Ridley be a better wide receiver than Julio Jones by 2022?

11 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

He already is. He was last year. People are insane to think Julio is still a top 5 or even top 10 WR in my opinion. I love the guy, but facts are facts. 

^^This.  C-Rid had a MUCH better season than JJ and age-wise and everything else considered, this will be a trend.  Not that I've always been a huge fan of Julio, I just don't see him playing 'angry' as much as he did during our Super Bowl run.

2 hours ago, Clark Kent™ said:

He already is. He was last year. People are insane to think Julio is still a top 5 or even top 10 WR in my opinion. I love the guy, but facts are facts. 

He definitely is still top 5. And I’m not sure if Calvin is better yet. Facts are in numbers. Matt’s numbers are better when Julio is on the field than without. Until that changes like it did when Julio took over #1 from Roddy then Julio is still the top guy in atl and is still top 5 in the nfl. Julio only missed 7 games because we were out of the playoff hunt so early. He could’ve played if we were in the race. There was no need to play him in meaningless games. Unless he just wanted to pad stats for history reasons but that’s not his brand. 

7 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

He definitely is still top 5. And I’m not sure if Calvin is better yet. Facts are in numbers. Matt’s numbers are better when Julio is on the field than without. Until that changes like it did when Julio took over #1 from Roddy then Julio is still the top guy in atl and is still top 5 in the nfl. Julio only missed 7 games because we were out of the playoff hunt so early. He could’ve played if we were in the race. There was no need to play him in meaningless games. Unless he just wanted to pad stats for history reasons but that’s not his brand. 

Exactly.

When Julio’s playing the Falcons are a better team.

Ridley is a ascending talent wheather he ends up in Julio’s class I’ll put myself out there and say no he won’t.

15 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

The 8-8 Bears made the playoffs. Falcons at one point were 4-7 and still not mathematically eliminated yet. Two of the games Julio missed were games 3 and 5 of the season and he barely played in the 2nd game against the Cowboys but was on the field long enough to drop what should have been a TD. He also barely played in the first Saints game when the Falcons were 3-6 and not eliminated yet. Julio is still top 5 when he's on the field but he wasn't on the field enough in 2020.

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The 8-8 Bears made the playoffs. Falcons at one point were 4-7 and still not mathematically eliminated yet. Two of the games Julio missed were games 3 and 5 of the season and he barely played in the 2nd game against the Cowboys but was on the field long enough to drop what should have been a TD. He also barely played in the first Saints game when the Falcons were 3-6 and not eliminated yet. Julio is still top 5 when he's on the field but he wasn't on the field enough in 2020.

Julio missed 7 games total. He missed 2 while in the hunt. The 5 he missed were Of no significance because we weren’t contending. He’s still the best falcons wr on or off the field because Matt’s numbers are a reflection of that. He’s MISSED sorely when he’s not on the field. He’s top 5 on or off the field until him being of the field becomes the norm. Ridley had a better season because he played in more games. But he is not better than Julio. As far as 4-7 it was still a LONGSHOT to make the playoffs and would’ve needed help from too many teams. Lions, bears, rams, Vikes. Like I said the majority of games he missed (5) were AFTER elimination mathematically. Again, he could’ve played in those games. He had one season where a hammy he tweaked in camp due to covid changing workouts and missed games and now Calvin is better?? Michael Jordan missed a season and was still the best player in the nba lol. I need Calvin and every other wr to be better than Julio consecutively before I change my mind about who’s better than him. Missing games in an anomaly year ain’t enough. 

Just now, TheFatboi said:

Julio missed 7 games total. He missed 2 while in the hunt. The 5 he missed were Of no significance because we weren’t contending. He’s still the best falcons wr on or off the field because Matt’s numbers are a reflection of that. He’s MISSED sorely when he’s not on the field. He’s top 5 on or off the field until him being of the field becomes the norm. Ridley had a better season because he played in more games. But he is not better than Julio. As far as 4-7 it was still a LONGSHOT to make the playoffs and would’ve needed help from too many teams. Lions, bears, rams, Vikes. Like I said the majority of games he missed (5) were AFTER elimination mathematically. Again, he could’ve played in those games. He had one season where a hammy he tweaked in camp due to covid changing workouts and missed games and now Calvin is better?? Michael Jordan missed a season and was still the best player in the nba lol. I need Calvin and every other wr to be better than Julio consecutively before I change my mind about who’s better than him. Missing games in an anomaly year ain’t enough. 

Make no mistake, I'm in no way saying Calvin Ridley is better than Julio Jones.

4 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

We gon have to make a friendly wager once we find out what team Julio goes 

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2021 at 7:32 PM, Realsurfin said:

:munch:  Calvin Ridley is a better WR already.  It seems he wants to be here and he has a great work ethic.

Look what i got down voted for.... lol haaaaa... whata rube... must have been Julio!  😂🤣😎🏈👍

Edited by Realsurfin

On 6/4/2021 at 6:32 PM, Realsurfin said:

:munch:  Calvin Ridley is a better WR already.  It seems he wants to be here and he has a great work ethic.

Wrong!! In the past year without Julio the Falcons had  8 INTs, Ridley only had 3 TDs Record was 1-8!

With Julio the falcons had 3INTs, Ridley had 6TD record was 3-4. So yeah Ridley has to prove he can be better without Julio

On 6/5/2021 at 12:56 PM, Clark Kent™ said:

I was headed down to say what you said.. I had both on my Fantasy Team.  Ridley was the biggest reason why I won my FFL.. Ridley was the WR that helped me win the League. JJ didn't do enough to even deserve to start. Bottom line is Ridley was the player that got the job done. And helped me win my league.. I had two leagues.. Got 1st in one league, and second in the other league ... Ridley on both FFLs. I dropped JJ after I saw he was not going to produce . It was the right move to help me win my league.. 

I hope we trade JJ for a high draft pick , and let him do and go where he wants to go. I wish him well.

On 6/4/2021 at 7:11 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Julio is getting older and banged up. Calvin Ridley is getting better every year. Do you think that Calvin Ridley will be better than Julio by 2022?

I'm just going with the team as a whole will be better. 

Posted (edited)

2019-2020

Rec yards: 2165

TD's: 9

2019-2020

Rec Yards: 2240

TDs:  16

From a statistical standpoint, which one is better the last 2 years?

Edited by Spongebob