What do you think the mind set of the Falcons players going into 2021 is?

With everything that's happened with hiring the new coaching staff and GM, Matt Ryan's restructure, drafting Kyle Pitts and Julio wanting a trade what do you think the mindset in the Falcons lockeroom is right now? 

I just hope that the current players and staff have more confidence in the 2021 team than Julio Jones does. I hope that every player on the roster believes that they can win now. Hopefully Arthur Smith and Dean Pees can instill confidence and a winning culture in the players.

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I would think that all players across the league have the mindset of wanting to be a winner no matter how bad they've been. If not, they shouldn't be in the NFL

This. Doesn't matter the team, the position, the previous record, the coaching changes, the outside noise, etc...

Having been around professional athletes, their mindset is always that they determine the record. They determine the outcome. None of them ever walk into a season thinking "Well, I'm not getting a ring this year, I'll just do my best and get this check..." They all think that the squad they are on is capable of winning.

1 hour ago, Slumerican said:

Im sure they want to win, but im sure they also know they are not really in the position to win and they know the talent level isn't very high for a professional team.. Right now id be confident to say the expectations of most of our players is about NY Jets level 

I guarantee you VERY few have that piss poor attitude no matter what team they are on. You wont last in this league.

It’s all speculation, but I think that most of the players are feeling good about the state of the team; It’s a fresh start. My hope is that the coaching is fundamentally better, and that the players are adapting well. I think the Julio situation is more about him wanting to maximize his earning potential by getting another contract before he has to retire. I do believe Julio wants to win, but I truly believe that Julio, first and foremost, sees a business opportunity that requires him to leave the Falcons in order to get it; the Falcons are not giving Julio any sort of new deal and are basically saying you have 1-2 years and see ya. I don’t think players have any sort of time to worry about Julio, and are more concerned about earning a spot on the roster. I think the secondary has improved, and the DL too. I think Pitts is going to make an impact, and that the OL is going to be better as well. I look for coaching to be much better across the board.

2 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Im sure they want to win, but im sure they also know they are not really in the position to win and they know the talent level isn't very high for a professional team.. Right now id be confident to say the expectations of most of our players is about NY Jets level 

Lol just when I think you said the stupidest thing ever, you make another post. 👍

46 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Lol just when I think you said the stupidest thing ever, you make another post. 👍

Nah man.. They know what they are up against.. This team right now has absolutely no flow.. If they win more than 5 games im sure they would be almost as shocked as me

3 hours ago, FalconBlood said:

Yep. These guys largely don’t make it to the NFL without a mindset of being great at football and winning.

Im sure most guys have common sense also, and when they look around at the guys on the team im sure they are happy just to be making a 6 figure paycheck atm

4 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Nah man.. They know what they are up against.. This team right now has absolutely no flow.. If they win more than 5 games im sure they would be almost as shocked as me

I'm just messing with you, but really, none of us knows where they are emotionally or mentally.  It all will come out on the field.

The just-arrived players are excited and hoping to land a roster spot. They will be totally unaffected by Julio Jones' leaving. There's real opportunity to make this team, to become a fan favorite in a town that will worship you if you help their football team win.

The older players are excited about the chances of turning the corner after three frustrating seasons with a new HC, OC, DC and almost a complete overhaul of the coaching staff. They no doubt feel like the dark cloud they've been playing under has finally begun to dissipate.

AS, Pees and the coaching staff are eager to make these players better at their positions, tougher and more confident in themselves. Basically give them the attitude adjustment Quinn was unable to provide despite generating enough inspirational and motivational slogans to have won 100 SB's.  

The NFL as we all know is built on parity...and crappy officiating as well of course, but I digress. No team has the market cornered on talent. Every team has weak areas. Good coaching makes a whale of a difference in the level of competitiveness of any team.

We now have the best cadre of HC, DC and coaches we've ever had. These players are young, but they're dam sure not hot garbage, although some here are making that assumption based mainly on the fact they aren't known yet.

The doubters here are going to be shocked along with the rest of the league when this team is better than its best moments of last season, no longer the pathetic, broken, helpless team we saw at its worst moments. Time to expect a big move to the upside.

"I think it's a great offense. Finally, in my fourth year, going to get utilized vertically. That's what I was able to do well in college and then finally an offensive coordinator can see that and hopefully utilize it this year."

About like what Hurst said. Finally, a coaching staff that knows how to coach. Defense is saying the same thing.

They all expect to win. It's the nature of the beast at this level.

On 6/4/2021 at 1:48 PM, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

This. Doesn't matter the team, the position, the previous record, the coaching changes, the outside noise, etc...

Having been around professional athletes, their mindset is always that they determine the record. They determine the outcome. None of them ever walk into a season thinking "Well, I'm not getting a ring this year, I'll just do my best and get this check..." They all think that the squad they are on is capable of winning.

Serious question. What percentage of player make winning the first priority versus making money. I think most of the established guys are looking forward to team success and everyone else is hoping for individual success so they can have a job and they are extremely excited about the opportunity to showcase their skill set.