23 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I remember having to use a clothes hanger as an antenna on some of them old TVs. Also remember having those TVs where you had to get up and turn the knobs.

Man it's amazing how much technology has changed.

Oh yeah. It had 2 knobs. 1-12 for the first one and then a bunch more on the second knob. That was the first kind of TV I ever had and remember playing Super Mario Brothers on it on about a 12 inch screen.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hide out in your neighbor's closet and peak through the slats in the door.

I'll dm you a link to check out.  I'm not sure illegal links are allowed so if you guys could, please dm him instead of posting. I could be wrong but I remember it wasn't allowed long ago

On 6/4/2021 at 3:51 PM, dodge_birds_fan said:

Only downside to that one is you can't cast it to your TV. 

You can, depending on your setup. If you have iphone you can airplay it to your tv. I use the firestick 4k and have casted streams to my tv before using the airscreen app. Works with android phones too I believe but you will need either a tv that accepts these casts or buy a firestick for like $40.

On 6/4/2021 at 4:23 PM, AUTiger7222 said:

Oh yeah. It had 2 knobs. 1-12 for the first one and then a bunch more on the second knob. That was the first kind of TV I ever had and remember playing Super Mario Brothers on it on about a 12 inch screen.

My dad used to use me as the "remote control" Kind of hard keeping a man happy with four television stations in our area.  

On 6/4/2021 at 5:38 PM, HASHBROWN3 said:

My thing, and trust me I like to save a buck when I can because cable etc is the biggest rip off.  But whenever I’ve gone down the path of streaming, I get as far as the point where they want to secure the stream with a credit card or something.  No way in **** ami going to leave any of that info with ANY streaming source ever!  I don’t know who they are or whether they could be a foreign based source posing as a US based outfit or even a US based outfit that you have no real assurance of being secure.  You can say your info will be secure but you’re risking identity theft or credit card fraud/theft IMO. 
All that to ask this...

Are there streaming sources that don’t require all that?  I am happy with what’s available on YouTube TV.  If I need to watch a game not available there then I’ll go to my buddy’s home or to a bar & watch it.

Not to sure if this has already been answered (haven't read all the pages yet) there are plenty of sites that stream (illegally) all live games and no details (credit card or otherwise) are needed.

Drop me a message and I will advise further.

1 hour ago, ukdangerous said:

Not to sure if this has already been answered (haven't read all the pages yet) there are plenty of sites that stream (illegally) all live games and no details (credit card or otherwise) are needed.

Drop me a message and I will advise further.

Thanks for reaching out UK!  Yes, athell & I messaged one another & he helped me out with all the details with all those  issues.  

On 6/4/2021 at 1:12 PM, jidady said:

They have NFL Sunday Ticket, but it's $79 a month for the cheapest option, $99 for the most expensive one.

As an fyi, you don't have to subscribe to DirecTV to use it. It's more expensive than what you're willing to spend, though.

How are you able to get Sunday Ticket without Direct TV?  I would love to be able to dump Direct Tv.

21 minutes ago, wuskillzz said:

How are you able to get Sunday Ticket without Direct TV?  I would love to be able to dump Direct Tv.

There's a site where you can check eligibility to just sign up. It'll get posted in August. Here's a temp site that you can bookmark for later:

https://nflsthelp.directv.com/hc/en-us/articles/204503399-How-do-I-find-out-if-I-am-eligible-to-purchase-NFLSUNDAYTICKET-TV-

On 6/4/2021 at 2:24 PM, AUTiger7222 said:

Are you so far out in the sticks that a digital antenna is out of the question? I know they've got some that are supposed to have range of like 120 miles or something crazy like that.

I put up a legit antenna and wired the coax in to the line that direct TV used to be hooked up to.  Pulled in 28 different stations all in HD from up to 150 miles away.  By using the cable that was already installed to each room from direct TV and a small amplifier I had free TV in every room.  The stations sucked for the most part but I was able to get all the major networks.

I then found a box that allowed me to use an old hard drive to create my own dvr service.  Between the antenna and Netflix I had all the content I could handle for 15$ per month after about 200$ on the antenna.

On 6/4/2021 at 11:19 AM, dodge_birds_fan said:

Ok, I'm not sure if it's ok to ask this here or not. I'm looking for LEGIT way to stream games. Right now I have youtube TV and am paying $65 per month JUST to watch football. I have ESPN+ with my Disney Subscription. I don't have or want satellite and just need a way to watch the Falcons and UGA in the fall cheaper than $65 per month. I have mobile internet so Fubo and Hulu Live is out of the question (They don't allow mobile internet). 

If you have any kids or fsmily5in college I know directv had a option for students and certain individuals to get the standalone version of Sunday ticket for cheaper than normal. Without satellite or directv service 

1 hour ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

I put up a legit antenna and wired the coax in to the line that direct TV used to be hooked up to.  Pulled in 28 different stations all in HD from up to 150 miles away.  By using the cable that was already installed to each room from direct TV and a small amplifier I had free TV in every room.  The stations sucked for the most part but I was able to get all the major networks.

I then found a box that allowed me to use an old hard drive to create my own dvr service.  Between the antenna and Netflix I had all the content I could handle for 15$ per month after about 200$ on the antenna.

Yep. That’s the kind of thing I would do if I wasn’t stuck living in an apartment.

The only semi legal way by yourself is using a good VPN that won’t bottleneck your connection, “traveling” to Sweden for a bit, and signing up for the international game pass which shows games as they play instead of a day after.

Another option is finding a friend/relative in college, and you can purchase Sunday ticket separate from directv. Or just finding a friend/relative with directv and working something out with them.

Otherwise I’m sure you have some viable means in your DM by now