Streaming question

1 hour ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

My thing, and trust me I like to save a buck when I can because cable etc is the biggest rip off.  But whenever I’ve gone down the path of streaming, I get as far as the point where they want to secure the stream with a credit card or something.  No way in **** ami going to leave any of that info with ANY streaming source ever!  I don’t know who they are or whether they could be a foreign based source posing as a US based outfit or even a US based outfit that you have no real assurance of being secure.  You can say your info will be secure but you’re risking identity theft or credit card fraud/theft IMO. 
All that to ask this...

Are there streaming sources that don’t require all that?  I am happy with what’s available on YouTube TV.  If I need to watch a game not available there then I’ll go to my buddy’s home or to a bar & watch it.

Hit me up on PM I'll tell you how.  I haven't paid to watch any sporting event for almost 10 years now lol

4 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Wow, you have some very strict mobile internet my friend.

I'm able to use Hulu Live, Yahoo Sports app, and a few other apps to watch sports and other stuff.

It's not the internet but the streaming provider. YoutubeTV uses your phones location to determine your market. Fubo, Sling, and Hulu won't do that. So technically I could sign up for Central GA market, move to Kansas and not have it update. 

3 minutes ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

It's not the internet but the streaming provider. YoutubeTV uses your phones location to determine your market. Fubo, Sling, and Hulu won't do that. So technically I could sign up for Central GA market, move to Kansas and not have it update. 

Now my buddy shares his with his family & they all pitch in like 10-15 bucks toward his bill.  Like 4 other families not in the same state.  And he uses YoutubeTV so what gives?  Did they make a change recently?  I imagine there are ways around this too.

Just now, HASHBROWN3 said:

Now my buddy shares his with his family & they all pitch in like 10-15 bucks toward his bill.  Like 4 other families not in the same state.  And he uses YoutubeTV so what gives?  Did they make a change recently?  I imagine there are ways around this too.

I guess it goes on the account holder's location. I've traveled before and it asks me if I moved or was just visiting lol I set it to visiting and it said it would check again in 2 weeks.

Just now, HASHBROWN3 said:

So far YoutubeTV has been pretty darn good for game availability though.  I see the falcs in TN waaaaaay more than I was able while living in TX.  That's been a blessing for sure!

YoutubeTV is great, but when I 1st joined is was $49 per month. Now it's $65. Every show we watch I can get on Discovery+ for $4.99....except football lol

Once i'd hit that credit card thingy I'd stop trying & lower myself to go sit in my office, pout & watch the game literally online with the delayed updates & the play by play showing the ball moving down the field with your teams colors.

Suddenly, you see that black or red line streak across for a 50+ yard gain & I'd be like WOW WTH happened LMAO!

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Once i'd hit that credit card thingy I'd stop trying & lower myself to go sit in my office, pout & watch the game literally online with the delayed updates & the play by play showing the ball moving down the field with your teams colors.

Suddenly, you see that black or red line streak across for a 50+ yard gain & I'd be like WOW WTH happened LMAO!

Oh God.....that is awful lol I'll pay $65 before I do that lmao

3 minutes ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

Oh God.....that is awful lol I'll pay $65 before I do that lmao

IKR, I did that **** a lot too.  I mean I could get faster updates by being online on this site on game day but it's torture for sure man.  I don't mind paying for YoutubeTV and I can write off my internet portion I pay at home for business so it's all good.  The gameday NFL Network update program was good to catch up on things too.  It has it all on one screen.  So I would toggle back & forth on my TV from  game to game & NFL Network.  The things we do for our fix :D

36 minutes ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

Have you ever tried Yahoo Sports app?

I used it to watch all Falcons games and nationally televised games. It's legal and free.

25 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Are you so far out in the sticks that a digital antenna is out of the question? I know they've got some that are supposed to have range of like 120 miles or something crazy like that.

Funny enough, the only channel I get on one is Fox out of Macon lol so it's really the only one I need except for the 2 games a year on CBS. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yeah, Verizon is the way to go and do streaming without a problem.

Where I live Verizon is so congested all you can it is around 1-2 mbps. My ATT cell phone gets 25-20mbps and my T-Mobile home internet is around 60-70 MBPS. 

Edited by dodge_birds_fan

33 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Have you ever tried Yahoo Sports app?

I used it to watch all Falcons games and nationally televised games. It's legal and free.

Only downside to that one is you can't cast it to your TV. 

1 minute ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

Funny enough, the only channel I get on one is Fox out of Macon lol so it's really the only one I need except for the 2 games a year on CBS. 

I feel ya, I've tried digital antenna's where I live and couldn't ever get more than 2 or 3 channels. I want to try one of the outdoor ones cause they get much better range but I'm not allowed to have outdoor antenna in the apartment that I live in.

I can remember being little and one place we lived had one of those huge outdoor antenna's attached to the trailer and going outside and trying to turn it just right to pick up channels. Also remember the old bunny ears and putting tinfoil on them to try to help them pick up a better signal. Man kids today have no clue how great they've got it.

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I feel ya, I've tried digital antenna's where I live and couldn't ever get more than 2 or 3 channels. I want to try one of the outdoor ones cause they get much better range but I'm not allowed to have outdoor antenna in the apartment that I live in.

I can remember being little and one place we lived had one of those huge outdoor antenna's attached to the trailer and going outside and trying to turn it just right to pick up channels. Also remember the old bunny ears and putting tinfoil on them to try to help them pick up a better signal. Man kids today have no clue how great they've got it.

The good ole days man. 

5 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I remember having to use a clothes hanger as an antenna on some of them old TVs. Also remember having those TVs where you had to get up and turn the knobs.

Man it's amazing how much technology has changed.