Marlon Davidson impressing early in OTAs

So is Marlon this year's preseason hero? Seems like they pick one every year. It would be nice to at least see some clips of him showing out.

It really would be amazing if he emerged as an impactful player. I do think that Marlon and Cominsky have potential to be useful in Pees' scheme due to their versatility along the line.

2 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

Meh, get back to me at the end of camp. Not just for Marlon, but for every single player. Last 3 years we should have been Superbowl locks if you read how "good" everyone looked in these OTA's and Mini-Camps. 

Mini-Camp Legends 2021.

From a 2nd year player progressing nicely in OTAs to paper champs in 3 sentences, impressive.

We get limited updates this time of year, personally I'm just happy to get whatever news I can.  Someone always feels the need to come into these threads with a negative spin. It's a simple update about a player, it doesn't mean anyone is going to draw ridiculous conclusions from it.  Just a data point. 

4 minutes ago, kschreck said:

From a 2nd year player progressing nicely in OTAs to paper champs in 3 sentences, impressive.

We get limited updates this time of year, personally I'm just happy to get whatever news I can.  Someone always feels the need to come into these threads with a negative spin. It's a simple update about a player, it doesn't mean anyone is going to draw ridiculous conclusions from it.  Just a data point. 

It's a defense mechanism. They love the team but are afraid to feel it. So whenever the "feels" hit them, they overcompensate to hide it by pretending to un bothered or try to be "super cool sitting on the tall stool" guy.

1 hour ago, kschreck said:

That’s a fair statement bro.  But you have to admit...where’s the meat & details?  It’s almost as if the dude heard this from someone but didn’t say who, what, why, where & when.  I was eager to read it as I am starved to hear some good news or any news about OTA’s/Camp.  Then I found myself disappointed after how unfulfilling this article is.  C’mon man!  They can do better than this can’t they?

2 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

So reality means no fun, I will fall in line. Any pre-season pessimism will not be tolerated, despite not actually trashing anyone, and simply wanting to "see the results" and not hear the skittles report about how wonderful everything is.

The best player on the Falcons doesn't think the team will be worth a **** and wants out, but fan-boys know better from OTA reports. Same fan boys that labeled Quinn the "best coach in Falcons history" are literally the same who blame him for everything now. 

Fun, for me at least, is derived from winning or making a notable improvement from the prior season. But you want to jet jacked up because of the reports on the Cole Mangers of the world, then knock yourself out. 

I bet you are a lot of fun at parties! image.jpeg.1385ee154609b1f116123a52e0318b8d.jpeg

4 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

Meh, get back to me at the end of camp. Not just for Marlon, but for every single player. Last 3 years we should have been Superbowl locks if you read how "good" everyone looked in these OTA's and Mini-Camps. 

Mini-Camp Legends 2021.

4 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

Sorry if everything is not Skittles and Rainbows champ. Not every signee and draft pick is going to be all-pro as the team was 4-12 last year. Called reality there sport, not trying to be a pessimist, just not buying into anything said this time of the year.

But, keep gunning for that "Best Fan Award", I'm sure its in the mail.

Its The Way You Said It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Harsh GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

9 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Every year we read how so and so is impressing just to achieve absolutely nothing once the season starts. Hopefully this year under the new staff things will be different.

Fan boyz are not going to like this response.

3 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

I mean, it's better than hearing joe blow from the practice squad is looking great against other back ups like we normally get.  At least Davidson is a second round pick and actually has expectations and a realistic chance to be a starter.

I mean yea, it's fine, encouraging and all that. But it's not like I'm ready to get excited this early. I'll wait till at least preseason and see with my own eyes how certain guys look before I'm ready to expect any type of big things from them. Reports are alwasy "optimistic"

4 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

Fan boyz are not going to like this response.

I implore you to go back and read your responses and his and see if any differences stand out. 

or don’t.. who gives a ****. 

18 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

You are probably right. Same fellas that get riled up any time something is less than rainbows and skittles, are the same ones  that get emo when a writer doesn't give a the Falcons and A in pointless draft review or predicted a losing season. I will work to be better. 

We all def have different ways of handling news or reports etc..  Unfortunately the falcons have been rough on fans.  I tend to be more the homer type but that word is way too restrictive & puts people in a box.  I am fully capable of being critical & not buying into hype.  Having said that, I am always eager to find hope in a player or our team whether it’s one guy or coaches or management. So I tend to climb aboard with the understanding that it may not end well lol.  But I always say that I don’t mind being wrong ever.  I really like Marlon so I am all in.  Lots of hope he’ll shine for us.

3 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

So reality means no fun, I will fall in line. Any pre-season pessimism will not be tolerated, despite not actually trashing anyone, and simply wanting to "see the results" and not hear the skittles report about how wonderful everything is.

The best player on the Falcons doesn't think the team will be worth a **** and wants out, but fan-boys know better from OTA reports. Same fan boys that labeled Quinn the "best coach in Falcons history" are literally the same who blame him for everything now. 

Fun, for me at least, is derived from winning or making a notable improvement from the prior season. But you want to jet jacked up because of the reports on the Cole Mangers of the world, then knock yourself out. 

You have no choice you must take the blue pill to be a good little falcon fan.  This are the rules of the Message board Matrix. 

1 hour ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Every year we read how so and so is impressing just to achieve absolutely nothing once the season starts. Hopefully this year under the new staff things will be different.

Yep. We need to only see news that looks bad on our players. Tired of this positive energy every offseason.

6 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

Mini-Camp Legends 2021.

Tyler Starr says hello