FWIW, (Falcons) worst to first candidates for each division 2021.

42 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Makes sense. They should've brought up the easier schedule than we've had in the past. That could be a big factor in our flipping the script in 21.

Twitter version: I'm on board, but I'm not sure the schedule is easier. However, it won't matter if we play fundamentally sound football a higher percentage of the time.

Full thoughts: I totally agree in principle. I'm not sure I agree based on SoS. Statistically, home field matters (5-10% improved winning chance in most season) and the Falcons only enjoy that seven times in 17 weeks. Here's why I still agree in principle. I don't believe the Falcons need to play an easier schedule to win more games than they did last year. They simply need to play slightly more consistent and they need to improve their pre-game prep and in-game decisions.

Why do I feel that way? We all marked the Cowboys and Seahawks as "tough" spots last season when discussing the schedule. Those game were entirely winnable. I don't even want to get into Da Bears. Now lets add @ Carolina, home vs. NO, @ LAC, @ KC. The Falcons lost 3 games that I squarely attribute to coaching ineptness/team chemistry. Then there were 5 other one score losses. 

One thing to remember is that as ugly as last season was, the quality of football played on the field was consistently better once Quinn got chased and Morris took over. There were three losses that were just plain ole firing material with Quinn in charge. Morris had the team in every single game except week 17 vs. Tampa. Morris is defensive minded and coached in both terms as a head coach to keep his teams in games. AS is more aggressive in play calling and goes with analytical trends more often. AS will hopefully turn a few more one score losses into wins, but he may also turn one or two of them into two score losses by being less conservative. 

5 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Twitter version: I'm on board, but I'm not sure the schedule is easier. However, it won't matter if we play fundamentally sound football a higher percentage of the time.

Full thoughts: I totally agree in principle. I'm not sure I agree based on SoS. Statistically, home field matters (5-10% improved winning chance in most season) and the Falcons only enjoy that seven times in 17 weeks. Here's why I still agree in principle. I don't believe the Falcons need to play an easier schedule to win more games than they did last year. They simply need to play slightly more consistent and they need to improve their pre-game prep and in-game decisions.

Why do I feel that way? We all marked the Cowboys and Seahawks as "tough" spots last season when discussing the schedule. Those game were entirely winnable. I don't even want to get into Da Bears. Now lets add @ Carolina, home vs. NO, @ LAC, @ KC. The Falcons lost 3 games that I squarely attribute to coaching ineptness/team chemistry. Then there were 5 other one score losses. 

One thing to remember is that as ugly as last season was, the quality of football played on the field was consistently better once Quinn got chased and Morris took over. There were three losses that were just plain ole firing material with Quinn in charge. Morris had the team in every single game except week 17 vs. Tampa. Morris is defensive minded and coached in both terms as a head coach to keep his teams in games. AS is more aggressive in play calling and goes with analytical trends more often. AS will hopefully turn a few more one score losses into wins, but he may also turn one or two of them into two score losses by being less conservative. 

Thats the secret right there.  Win the games we should.  We literally got blown out like twice last season.  The rest, we could have won or at least been in it until the end.  One touchdown instead of a field goal, and one extra stop on defense per game, and we literally won 5 or 6 more games last year.  The line was that fine.  

1 hour ago, falcndave said:

I think Terrell and Koo took one for the team against KC to get that draft pick 🤣🤣

47 minutes ago, Precyse said:

We almost beat Tampa twice 

Without Julio both games too since that is our new normal now.

Assuming we now have better coaching on O and D, better playcalling on O and D, Pitts, Better run game, Better o-Line, better Defense...

Bucs are not some insanely good team that can't be beat. Obviously they're the favorites (as they should be) in the NFC South but so much stuff changes year from year who knows.

5 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

I can see us scaring the fool out of some teams.  First?  Nothing is too crazy I suppose.  I would be thankful to see a competitive team, that does not collapse when it gets a little hot in the kitchen.  

Worst to first was NFC south special for most years till 2014. Panthers were first team to win the division back to back years in 2915. Aints won last 3 years after 3 Losing seasons. 

4 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Without Julio both games too since that is our new normal now.

Assuming we now have better coaching on O and D, better playcalling on O and D, Pitts, Better run game, Better o-Line, better Defense...

Bucs are not some insanely good team that can't be beat. Obviously they're the favorites (as they should be) in the NFC South but so much stuff changes year from year who knows.

Collapse Culture should be gone with the exiting of the old staff. One thing about this team no matter who the coach was, we bow down to no NFC team, whether the Bears with that dline or Tampa with that offense. Use our offense to its full potential and stop giving up leads we can win the NFC title. 

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Worst to first was NFC south special for most years till 2014. Panthers were first team to win the division back to back years in 2915. Aints won last 3 years after 3 Losing seasons. 

It is our time

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Oh, it's possible.  The division is crazy.  I'd be shocked and delighted.

9 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Artie party!!!

I know most will call me nuts, but I think we're going to the SB this year. But waiting to make that thread closer to the start of the season. biggrin.gif.edfe95fb4daa4925df12f64e4aac02c2.gif

For me it’s going to about how the team adjusts scheme in game & how our staff prepares their game plans to be multifunctional each week.  We would literally watch teams, especially New Orleans, just eat our lunch over & over & over again using one or two attack methods, while we did NOTHING to counteract it in the same quarter.  You must be able to understand immediately what Peyton is doing well & have multiple plans in place to stop it as soon as they switch to it.

It really helps to have instinctive players who think on their feet & recognize what the opposing team is doing.  That’s why I like Belichick.  He’s going to take away your best players & force you to beat him with your average players.  Once that’s done, the odds of having play by play success increase.

For AS & our O, teams won’t know where the ball is going by observing our personnel groups.  Plus our in motion activities play right into MR’s hands as the cerebral part of his game is elite.

On 6/4/2021 at 8:19 AM, WhenFalconsWin said:

That is exactly how I have felt about this , mostly because of what I think is the best draft in the History of this team. For that reason , I think we will win our division. I've posted this once right after the draft. We will IMO be hard to beat if Ryan stays healthy.. I have to add the last note. Can't believe how people on this board throws off on Ryan,, They need to find a team where they like the QB. Probably most of them are young kids.. Not knowing that Ryan has never been the problem with this team.. It's been the HCs,  I truly believe we now have the HC to at least get us in the playoffs this year.. I truly believe we will be there ...   :o