Been On This Board Twenty Years. Need Rest

8 hours ago, g-dawg said:

the funniest thing on the board was there was some guy impersonating MarcusVick - tongue in cheek - soooo funny - called himself "MeMarcus"

if a mod could dig up those old posts, it would really be a joy for all to read....really, super funny stuff.  probably 10 yrs ago.

"Hey, Dis Marcus!"....  That shyte was great.

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2021 at 4:42 PM, ya_boi_j said:

Gritz is on twitter daily. He did a drawing for me last year of my nephew that turned out amazing. Not sure on Supes

I wonder if he could go ahead and make a bust for Kyle Pitts to be put in the Hall of Fame. Just go ahead and get it done. :golfclap:       His first pick up will be  "Rookie of the year"  etc..  etc... I know,, I'm his biggest fan.  No doubt. 

11 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

I wonder if he could go ahead and make a bust for Kyle Pitts to be put in the Hall of Fame. Just go ahead and get it done. :golfclap:       His first pick up will be  "Rookie of the year"  etc..  etc... I know,, I'm his biggest fan.  No doubt. 

No no no no no....why do posts like this (with a guy who's never played a down in the NFL) worry me so?

Biggie falcon

Shiney Mcshine

Falconmania777

Dj11/ Capologist  yeah I know you're still here from time to time

Shay56

Shaman

daddyknowsbest/ damian

crazy how you cant remember names but when you see them listed youre like....O h man I remember that nutcase etc

I'm having trouble remembering some names

On 6/5/2021 at 7:00 PM, gazoo said:

These days were special getting to tour the draft war room with falcons director of player personnel Ron Hill.  The draft cards for players were still in the draft board on the wall. 

Got to walk into the locker room where Vick, McClures and all the helmets, shoes and gear were. 

one year we got to hang out down on the field as players were warming up, went up to our seats just prior to kickoff. It was incredible to have that field perspective with the stadium well filled first game of that year.

I will never forget those days. One of my favorite things was getting to go into Dan Reeves' office.  Good old Dan Levak.

5 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

No no no no no....why do posts like this (with a guy who's never played a down in the NFL) worry me so?

As my mom would say,, Your a Worry Wort !  :sadfan:  $ Cheer up my brother, live in the sunshine, we'll understand it, all by and by $  I lead singing for years,, That is a great old gospel Song. ///  See the glass half full, not half empty. Now don't that feel much better. And if you really want to feel better, then find a empty room and get down on your knees and Pray.  I will promise you, if you ask God for help, He will give you help. As the Word says, "Ye have not because ye ask not." But what people need is not money, It's the peace of God. Call Now,, It's FREE !! 

3 hours ago, Skeetbird said:

Biggie falcon

Shiney Mcshine

Falconmania777

Dj11/ Capologist  yeah I know you're still here from time to time

Shay56

Shaman

daddyknowsbest/ damian

crazy how you cant remember names but when you see them listed youre like....O h man I remember that nutcase etc

I'm having trouble remembering some names

CSB: DKB used to have his photo posted as his avatar. I was at a game (I think against the Redskins?) and was in a GA Dome bathroom and I saw him. I went "Holy ****, are you DaddyKnowsBest from AFMB?" and he went "Yeah". Naturally this probably caught him WAY off guard and he kinda sidled away. I brought it up later and he claimed to have no recollection of the encounter. 

Funny how sometimes the loudest people online are the shy ones in public. 

10 hours ago, Skeetbird said:

I will never forget those days. One of my favorite things was getting to go into Dan Reeves' office.  Good old Dan Levak.

Remember that signed picture from Shannon Sharpe in Reeves office thanking Reeves for all he did for him? 

Been on the boards since 01. I was a youngster and I remember meeting capologist outside the NEWLY built gates at the branch and talking Vick nd superbowl nd my boy that was tryna make the team…. Im still young (38) but I rarely post. Ur right, summ dif and died in the boards. But im still here.

I would love to see a weekend where the boards lit up with a flood of the old folks.  It would be cool to see the boards with so much activity again.  

But, in truth, I like it calm.  We can actually talk football without the overt anger we used to see.  

It shows on my home page,,  That I joined the boards on  12-31- 1969,,  That's hard to believe. I thought I joined in 1972.  I graduated in 1975. Last class of Westside High here in Rocky Face Ga. The High school now is called Northwest High. after two high schools  joined together in 1976.

I have no idea how long I've been around here. I had an account here forever, but really used to do most my Falconing over on the old Falcon's Roost Forum before it sort of basically went away.

On 6/3/2021 at 11:56 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Got my 20 year TATF Wings today (self award). Signed up in 2001. After 30 years as a fan. This board was great back then. 

Levak was the only Mod. He let everything go. TATF was alive and considered the best message board in the league at the time. A real dead zone now.

Buddy also hooked several of us TATFers up with corporate tours, marketing studies, luncheons with scouts, field passes, you name it.

Any old schoolers out there remember that era? @SacFalcFan, @gazoo, @capologist. We were a close community. Good times my friends! Time is moving on. Need rest.

Take 8 years off and come back. That seems to have worked for me.