Been On This Board Twenty Years. Need Rest

50 minutes ago, andrews31cain21 said:

I remember he left and created a new Falcons message board...i think it was atlantafalconstalk.com

That was the last i seen of him....was a good poster....I think he ended having some issues with some people on here, and just threw the deuces...

Yeah, I used to be a member of his message board. I think it's dead now though.

@Peyton came back to this board about 2 or 3 years ago before going MIA again.

Hope he returns someday because he was a good poster.

On 6/3/2021 at 11:56 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Buddy also hooked several of us TATFers up with corporate tours, marketing studies, luncheons with scouts, field passes, you name it.

These days were special getting to tour the draft war room with falcons director of player personnel Ron Hill.  The draft cards for players were still in the draft board on the wall. 

Got to walk into the locker room where Vick, McClures and all the helmets, shoes and gear were. 

one year we got to hang out down on the field as players were warming up, went up to our seats just prior to kickoff. It was incredible to have that field perspective with the stadium well filled first game of that year.

The Falcons are like a soap opera. You can not watch them or these boards and come back in 20 years and it will be the same story lines instead of who's cheating on whom it will be: no Superbowl, we need to trade or cut everyone, we need all new coaches and owners and the owners will want a new stadium. As the Falcons Turn

10 hours ago, falconfansince66 said:

Come on man, give the guy a break.  I think we all have need a break from this place at a time or two, I sure know I've taken my share of them over 19 years (thus still under 10k posts here and didn't have that stupid 'reputation' BS back then or we'd all outrank you). 

Nah. All he does is whine and contribute literally nothing of value. It's been the same thing from him for the 10 years I've been here.

Ahhh Levak. Then it was Bankerbird, Rev Hal, and Shiney. 

Those were great days. “Hear me out on this...if we have Vick play both ways as a DB he could make a difference” and of course “Keith Brookings and Brian Finnerman”. 

This board was indeed United. We even had some goodhearted trash talk with Johnny Buc and Bucman. 

I've been on these boards a long time. I think it's been like 5 years since I posted. Tbh, I forgot my password lol. Things weren't that different back in the day. The same dumb dumb threads just under a different name. The main difference is the number of posts made. Just fewer discussions. 

Used to be on the old Prodigy boards, then I spent lots of time on the old AOL boards. Bought playoff tickets 98 from somebody on AOL boards and they told me about TATF . Found out about Eugene Robinson's special night in Miami on here, being able to discuss that till the wee hours Super Bowl Sunday, then I was hooked. 

13 hours ago, thamill said:

Ahhh Levak. Then it was Bankerbird, Rev Hal, and Shiney. 

Those were great days. “Hear me out on this...if we have Vick play both ways as a DB he could make a difference” and of course “Keith Brookings and Brian Finnerman”. 

This board was indeed United. We even had some goodhearted trash talk with Johnny Buc and Bucman. 

It's good to see you around man.  The hickory stick days were a hoot!

3 hours ago, krammmit said:

I've been on these boards a long time. I think it's been like 5 years since I posted. Tbh, I forgot my password lol. Things weren't that different back in the day. The same dumb dumb threads just under a different name. The main difference is the number of posts made. Just fewer discussions. 

There used to be so many folks posting here.  The world changed.  There are far more places to talk football now.  I'm actually surprised these boards are still around to tell you the truth.  I took five years off, and came back to see the same names around,but far less of them.

3 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

There used to be so many folks posting here.  The world changed.  There are far more places to talk football now.  I'm actually surprised these boards are still around to tell you the truth.  I took five years off, and came back to see the same names around,but far less of them.

Could be a number of things. Ultimately life will come before the message board for all of us. Some just never come back

On 6/4/2021 at 8:09 AM, PriMeTiiMe said:

😂

I also was a mod on another Falcons message board back when Scout had good message boards for every team. Was easy to go between the different teams boards and converse about the upcoming games with other fans.

When that got bought out by some other company (24/7 sports or something) they ruined all the message boards and that's what led me to finally create my account here.

I know their was a good portion that came here from the Scout boards back then but have no idea if any still post here or what name they go by.

I was on scout back in the day. Loved it there. I was just lurking here. Scout went down, I came here. I actually had my own message board for a while, but gave up on it.

Been here since ‘03. Lost my old account in the migration way back when. I remember posting a picture of myself geared and painted up for the Playoff game against the Rams in the 2004 season and having a few folks at the game come up to me at the stadium saying they saw me on the boards.

The boards aren’t as active as they once were, but I still enjoy ‘em. Will probably be hanging around in some capacity until the day I die.

There was this old *** thread that ran for months where two guys went back and fourth to get the lest word in.  It must have been 50 plus pages of sniping.  That made me laugh, not for any comically imbued banter, but for the total stubborn assery of it all.

4 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Speaking of old memories, I miss the ‘Morten Andersen is so old...” thread. Probably the most I ever laughed on this MB, and I laugh at a lot of folks on here.

the funniest thing on the board was there was some guy impersonating MarcusVick - tongue in cheek - soooo funny - called himself "MeMarcus"

if a mod could dig up those old posts, it would really be a joy for all to read....really, super funny stuff.  probably 10 yrs ago.

12 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Speaking of old memories, I miss the ‘Morten Andersen is so old...” thread. Probably the most I ever laughed on this MB, and I laugh at a lot of folks on here.

Kris Jenkins thread was gold. As was the Worrilow thread.